Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished 6X with Enjolras and Arcus. When do I get Enjolras back?

Here are my characters and their stats, prior to the start of Chapter 7.

UARDgV5.png

Really reminds me of Lyn, although a bit stronger. Really liking her and her personality so far. Is there another Gold Edge in this game I can get for her?

0PWonZT.png

Very good offensively, although I'd like to see his Def higher. 6 Res isn't bad for a mercenary. Another point of speed would be awesome as well.

1ndNBvV.png

Ilanice is my bae <3 Absolute beast, probably one of my favorite pegasus knights ever.

yfLT1Pl.png

Amelia is pretty good, although she is a bit slow at this point. I'll probably bench her once Enjolras makes his way back to the game.

F7C7IhT.png

Doesn't really see much combat. Good for a thief though,

4npz5cS.png

Mounted healer = 10/10 unit. Good magic, speed, and Res. Does she promote to Valkyrie or Mage KNight?

141021G.png

Kolbane with Axes. Absolute wrecking machine. Really love his animation too, I haven't seen a fighter with that animation before. Is his warrior animation different as well (if anyone knows yet)?

bSqducj.png

Really solid unit. Good Speed for a Shaman, hopefully he remains as good as he is now. Shaman is one of my favorite classes

Uy8RYsH.png

His bases look good, so I'll try and use him.

PM5RcNl.png

Hector with better speed. Seems really good so far.

yZKP3gD.png

Mostly just used him to injure others so my weaker units could kill them. This is his first chapter on the bench.

Q29osOp.png

Screwed. I don't think he gained more than 2 stats on any of his level ups.

0LGrmlk.png

I have an irrational hatred for archers. Benched

Because I'm curious - Is Everild intended as a reference to St. Everild, or a certain Simutronics reference?

Also, it is in my opinion a mistake to bench Crowe. I have the single greatest dislike of GBAFE archers you will ever see, and I will tell you flat out that Crowe demolishes all of them.

0d7065c44b7d1ce918d075172750c1f5.png

That's a pretty average Crowe, even.

Edited by Siuloir

No it is not, tbh I just picked out names that Lumi thought were good.

Archers in this game are really good units as they can actually damage things (gasp) and kill wyverns that come up very often and are very strong.

Crowe in particular, is extremely top heavy.

4d5469febb.png

Edited by AstraLunaSol

Just finished 6X with Enjolras and Arcus. When do I get Enjolras back?

Here are my characters and their stats, prior to the start of Chapter 7.

UARDgV5.png

Really reminds me of Lyn, although a bit stronger. Really liking her and her personality so far. Is there another Gold Edge in this game I can get for her?

0PWonZT.png

Very good offensively, although I'd like to see his Def higher. 6 Res isn't bad for a mercenary. Another point of speed would be awesome as well.

1ndNBvV.png

Ilanice is my bae <3 Absolute beast, probably one of my favorite pegasus knights ever.

yfLT1Pl.png

Amelia is pretty good, although she is a bit slow at this point. I'll probably bench her once Enjolras makes his way back to the game.

F7C7IhT.png

Doesn't really see much combat. Good for a thief though,

4npz5cS.png

Mounted healer = 10/10 unit. Good magic, speed, and Res. Does she promote to Valkyrie or Mage KNight?

141021G.png

Kolbane with Axes. Absolute wrecking machine. Really love his animation too, I haven't seen a fighter with that animation before. Is his warrior animation different as well (if anyone knows yet)?

bSqducj.png

Really solid unit. Good Speed for a Shaman, hopefully he remains as good as he is now. Shaman is one of my favorite classes

Uy8RYsH.png

His bases look good, so I'll try and use him.

PM5RcNl.png

Hector with better speed. Seems really good so far.

yZKP3gD.png

Mostly just used him to injure others so my weaker units could kill them. This is his first chapter on the bench.

Q29osOp.png

Screwed. I don't think he gained more than 2 stats on any of his level ups.

0LGrmlk.png

I have an irrational hatred for archers. Benched

Well, you better make sure all the units have are trained well, other wise a certain chapter might be difficult. Nice Driscoll, btw. Looks like he and Kolbane will be fighting for that promotion item.

No it is not, tbh I just picked out names that Lumi thought were good.

Archers in this game are really good units as they can actually damage things (gasp) and kill wyverns that come up very often and are very strong.

Crowe in particular, is extremely top heavy.

[/spoil

Yeah, Crowe is pretty critical when it comes to dealing with Wyverns (when normally wyverns often LOL at even archer effectiveness damage). Having decent bases and a real CON score actually makes archers quite good.

I can never get Chase to measure up to Crowe, though.

Yeah, Crowe is pretty critical when it comes to dealing with Wyverns (when normally wyverns often LOL at even archer effectiveness damage). Having decent bases and a real CON score actually makes archers quite good.

I can never get Chase to measure up to Crowe, though.

Oddly enough, auto leveled chase, (who appears in chapter 15 if you take the musain route) can match up to crowe very well, and he has a horse to boot.

Especially since he comes with a promotion item to insta promote him if you want to use a nomad instead of a archer for movement.

f07f8b6146.png

This is an old chase with outdated auto leveled bases, I think I gave him slightly more str and skill.

You guys recommend Driscoll or Kolbane promoting first? And starting next chapter, I will probably bench Juan for Crowe.

While Driscoll is pretty good, Kolbane will generally have more speed, and axes on promotion, both of which are good things. If Kolbane is often more useful than Driscoll, promote him. Just make sure you have a really good sword-user by the end of the route. The Veritas is VERY important for the final chapter of the route.

Driscoll's fighter animation uses Ray's Tellius fighter but I don't think we used anything different for Warrior. I haven't actually promoted him to see since I always use Kolbane.

It is a good idea that, since you have a solid Kolbane, to promote him since he is therefore not bounded by the 20 unpromoted speed cap which is an advantage over Renair. I believe there's some stuff that you want Veritas for that exceed 16 AS. IIRC if Kolbane can get to 22 speed, he's golden.

Unless Astra nerfed them since last I fought them, which, granted, is a while ago.

Steel bow Crowe is such a beast against wyverns.

Lienn/Adrian are also route exclusive presumably.

Correct. Kinda forgot about them since I treat them like the same unit anyway since they do the exact same thing.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Driscoll's fighter animation uses Ray's Tellius fighter but I don't think we used anything different for Warrior. I haven't actually promoted him to see since I always use Kolbane.

The Warrior sprite is the same.

If Stoly is the only exclusive character, that's means you miss out on a unit in Onduris. That just seems odd, as I always play for the max amount of characters.

If Stoly is the only exclusive character, that's means you miss out on a unit in Onduris. That just seems odd, as I always play for the max amount of characters.

I think it's a trick to make a player play both route for the exclusive units, it's same idea as Pokemon exclusive pokemon for two versions, except you can't trade!

(Although one would play both route anyway)

Edited by Fateborn

But it's not like Onduris has exclusive units. That's like if Red Version allowed for 151 Pokemon to be caught while Blue only gives you 150.

Had something to do with support slots or something. I did suggest add another character to Onduris for version exclusivity a while back but I believe that's why I didn't happen.

Plus then I'd have to entirely rearrange the support table again even if we did have a spare pointer, what a hassle

Edited by Thor Odinson

I found Chase more useful than Crowe overall personally. His Spd is more reliably in doubling range, likely has higher bow rank, has a horse etc. Crowe's better than the GBA archers, but I just felt like throwing out a contradictory opinion based on personal experience.

Unless there's a specific design decision for the exact current situation, perhaps Stoly could be a secret unlockable character if you chose the route that currently doesn't acquire him? (Though, I imagine that would require dealing with silly permanent event IDs, and we know how that last worked out for Arch...)

I'm not even thinking about his (potential) recruitment being right away, either. Something akin to "If Onduris, then in this/these Chapter(s), if you do X, Stoly unlocks and joins you in Chapter Z". (Yes, yes, I've played too much Super Robot Taisen. So sue me.)

Though, I honestly don't know if doing something that like is even worth putting the effort in just to make it "fair" to the player. (Unless there's some other incentive opposite a character that you get for Onduris...)

With how Stoly's appearances are doing secret stuff in Onduris makes zero sense in getting him story and character-wise.

I suppose I can ask if we can put more cash or promotion items in Onduris at this point, but that's about it.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I found Chase more useful than Crowe overall personally. His Spd is more reliably in doubling range, likely has higher bow rank, has a horse etc. Crowe's better than the GBA archers, but I just felt like throwing out a contradictory opinion based on personal experience.

That's FE for you. Maybe my Crowe is either consistently significantly ahead of Chase's bases, or just the initial levels Chase has gotten in the past have underwhelmed. I'm usually very pro Nomad/Bow Knight/Ranger etc.

With how Stoly's appearances are doing secret stuff in Onduris makes zero sense in getting him story and character-wise.

I suppose I can ask if we can put more cash or promotion items in Onduris at this point, but that's about it.

I think a few more promotion items in general would be nice. Right now Musain seems to have a lot of advantages over Onduris (granted my Musain playthrough is stalled at the moment) - a Mage Knight and more time to train up Arcus are really significant, and Enjo + Maythunder is no slouch either.
Edited by Siuloir

like with that screen where Astra showed the autolevelled Chase, I found him more useful when you get him in 15 on Musain route. He's very solid there, perhaps because of the circumstances of the chapter as well (don't want to give away too much)

Too bad I don't like his mug which is entirely my fault because I designed him years back when I sucked at designing, haha. I'm in the process of giving several characters total makeovers so hopefully they'll look more interesting. Dunno if they'll be in the next patch, though.

Though usually my Crowe orko's wyverns by the time Chase exists sooo

Move is nice yes.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Maybe you're misinterpreting what I'm meaning?

After the routes converge, if the player took the Onduris route, then they would be eligible to unlock Stoly later on by meeting (hidden) requirements. That way, he's technically no longer only an added bonus only for Musain.

And if that was how you read it, then in regards to the first sentence, why exactly is he sticking around after the routes converge if you got him via Musain? It's the same story after the convergence, so I fail to see what the first sentence is getting at.

Regardless, if you're getting an extra body that has no analogue on the other route, there really should be some kind of compensation in Onduris for that. Otherwise, outside of just following the chapters to see the additional story and train different units, the rewards are far greater picking Musain every time. (Unless you made Musain/Onduris similar to the FE5 route split and made Musain "Hard Mode" and you get Stoly as a reward for taking that choice instead of going "Normal Mode / Easy Mode" with Onduris.)

It has to do with the way the musain story ended during musain, and how it ended offscreen during onduris. There's a difference there, and that determined why he joined. Because nothing you do in onduris can change the outcome of what happens in musain if you take the onduris route, therefore stoly is bound to if only renair's team went through musain or not.

Unless you want him super duper late I can't see a reason where he'd be in a position to be recruitable again. If Renair doesn't go through Musain then he has no reason to be in Aukema and he has even less reasons to appear in Vishara, which leaves the final arc. And by that point, is he even worth it?

Perhaps find a character that is currently recruited in Onduris, and remove 'em if the Musain route is taken?

Actually, I've got a completely different idea. That wind sword, Zephyr (?). To me, it was sort of implied we might get it later. Well, make it an Onduris route exclusive (not necessarily in, or even immediately after Onduris, but somewhere later in the game). It's not currently even brought up if you head for Musain. And if it happens to be plot important later, then you could make it usable post Onduris, or a mere "cutscene artefact" post Musain.

And, if your planned plot has you...

[spoiler=Referencing a Ch. 14B plot twist]...resurrecting Everild as an "Athos" type character, you could always say dragging her soul out of the blade post-Musain rendered Zephyr unusable, while post-Onduris has the thing still retaining enough strength for, oh, 25 uses.

Well, it's an idea that doesn't mean needing another character, yet still gives a significant bonus for Onduris players to offset Stolypin.

Quick question. As of now, are there any forced promotions for Renair, Arcus, or Enjolras (don't see why there would be for Enjolras, as he's a Mage). Also, when do I get guiding rings, hero crests and knight's crest? And what does Lia turn into (Mage Knight or Valkyrie)?

Edited by steroidz

It has to do with the way the musain story ended during musain, and how it ended offscreen during onduris. There's a difference there, and that determined why he joined. Because nothing you do in onduris can change the outcome of what happens in musain if you take the onduris route, therefore stoly is bound to if only renair's team went through musain or not.

Unless you want him super duper late I can't see a reason where he'd be in a position to be recruitable again. If Renair doesn't go through Musain then he has no reason to be in Aukema and he has even less reasons to appear in Vishara, which leaves the final arc. And by that point, is he even worth it?

Could just toss someone else in though I imagine the cast's well and truly finalized now. Not to mention there's a pretty wide spectrum of units available at that point anyway (plus a bunch more coming up including a Knight, as I recall) so maybe not.

I don't feel like I really lack for anything after Onduris (except Vixenk's stats, maybe), nor is their a unit diversity issue...

Stat up items?

Edited by Siuloir