Maklo's gallery

Maklo

^I thought something was up with her breasts, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. You know, aside from them being huge.

Oh well, Ima fix her boobs. (and the other stuff)

Also, there's this thing.

Lolol.png

I drew this in like five minutes

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her right arm (OPV) looks like an arm to a doll. There really isn't another way to put it XD. But other than that and what Dan said, I see no issues.

I think he's saying that the forearm's a little too thick. Other than that, nice sprite.

I don't think that's what I meant. I meant that it looks like the arm pops right on and off.

I'd cut the shading near the shoulder and maybe make the should look alittle more er... natural. When I say that, i mean specifically here.

GenderBendKarelcritique.png

It curves too much when the shirt meets the arm, so I'd make the shirt extend to tthe right 2-3 pixels. (I'll go more in-depth if you don't understand XD)

Nah that's okay, I understand. thanks for the comments, guys.

@April: Nope I just kinda made it up. I do a lot of original sprites so I developed my own style, though I guess you could say to some degree the shading and anti-aliasing

are fire emblem influenced since that's the first and only other kind of spriting that I do.

I don't think that's what I meant.

This made me laugh.gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Edited by Maklo

The breasts are really cylindrical, like balloons, and the cleavage is at an off angle to the body.

Just noticed, the eyes are too low, so move them up a few pixels, and the ear is ridiculously small XD

Should go from the bottom of the nose to the top of the eyebrow, or just a little smaller than that.

Edited by seph1212

@Dr.Sholes: Sorry, I'm gonna have to refuse that request. I do know about your project, though and I was considering doing a younger Brunya. If I do finish it you can use it so I'll keep you posted, but I make no promises.

@Joerachi: Yeah, I dunno. There's something about her face that bothers me; it's missing that mandatory Sigrun smexiness XD. I was thinking of redrawing the face from scratch. The rest I actually liked like the hair for example. As for the neck, that was probably me just being lazy again. I have a habit of forgetting to double-check my portrait before posting them and making sure they are completely finished. Glad you like it though.

I think the problem with the Sigrun is that her nose and mouth are too far to the left (OPV) and it's giving her an elongated face. If you pulled them a few pixels back to the right, and pulled the cheek in a bit, it would look better.

DAT SIGRUN!!!!! That is so nice. I dig it quite a bit. The update looks a bit better too. You have a nice style when it comes to hair. :D

Lethe1.png

Not bad but her head seems to look too far forward. Maybe bring the ears up a little too. They look a bit short and a bit too low on her head. I like it though!

Edited by Florina

Your ultimate splice/custom competition entry looks like a lion. It'd be cool if he had lion-ish colors too haha. I like it.

On your other sprites you have an interesting style. Cliff and Robin are having some chin/jaw issues. The way Cliff's armor(breastplate) is turned according to the trim in the middle of it doesn't match with shoulders. It matches with his head but not his shoulders. I really like Gray, though the shading on his neck under his chin may be too triangular and rigid maybe. And lastly, this is more of a matter of opinion but Robin's design, especially his shirt, is very simple. As in its really not that interesting. I mean I guess it isn't really an issue but he really could just pass off as some random civilian. But maybe thats what you were going for?

Your ultimate splice/custom competition entry looks like a lion. It'd be cool if he had lion-ish colors too haha. I like it.

That's the look I was going for.biggrin.gif

And lastly, this is more of a matter of opinion but Robin's design, especially his shirt, is very simple. As in its really not that interesting. I mean I guess it isn't really an issue but he really could just pass off as some random civilian. But maybe thats what you were going for?

I take it you've never played FE2. In FE2, Gray, Robin and Cliff are all villlagers (as in that's their class) so I was trying to go for simplicity. Though I didn't really want to make them look completely like villagers so I made them look like classes that I figured would suit them because villagers can promote to five different classes I think, which you can choose. Gray is a mercenary, Robin is an archer and Cliff is a cavalier/soldier. So yeah I was trying to make them look rather simple in design. Peronally I never liked Robin anyways so he gets shafted.

I'll get to work on your suggestions when I get a chance.