Happy Valentine's Day

chococoke

Trolling is still not allowed in FftF.

There's a difference between trolling and having a strong opinion on something. Since it's FFtF, the opinon should be allowed to be shared, despite what the topic intends. It's at least related to Valentine's Day. I'm not sure why people are finding someone else's opinions of Valentine's Day, in FFtF of all places, to be "trolling". It's not like it's in the General forum in the "Happy Valentine's Day" topic. THAT should be the formal, proper topic which people should take seriously, not this one here.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't. Being off topic does not matter. Coming into a thread made for a specific purpose and then saying that purpose sucks is trolling at the very definition.

It's an opinion. Whoever's offended should just ignore it since it's FFtF, shouldn't they?

There's a difference between trolling and having a strong opinion on something. Since it's FFtF, the opinon should be allowed to be shared, despite what the topic intends. It's at least related to Valentine's Day. I'm not sure why people are finding someone else's opinions of Valentine's Day, in FFtF of all places, to be "trolling". It's not like it's in the General forum in the "Happy Valentine's Day" topic. THAT should be the formal, proper topic which people should take seriously, not this one here.

You mean the one I locked a couple days ago? How is anyone supposed to post in that :P?

Being in FFTF is irrelevant, it is not impossible to troll in FFTF.

It's locked yeah, but it was a representation of what I was talking about. Another could be opened.

And if anyone takes stuff on FFtF seriously, even "trolling", they need to lighten up. I'm not even taking this seriously. Just giving out some piece of my mind.

It's locked yeah, but it was a representation of what I was talking about. Another could be opened.

And if anyone takes stuff on FFtF seriously, even "trolling", they need to lighten up. I'm not even taking this seriously. Just giving out some piece of my mind.

Whether it be FftF or not, there is always a line that can be crossed.

It's an opinion. Whoever's offended should just ignore it since it's FFtF, shouldn't they?

Or maybe those people should keep their opinions to themselves if it is negative, not go into a thread where people ENJOY what they dislike and then ruin the mood by being negative about it.

Don't parents teach things like this to their kids when they are toddlers? It is common sense.

Edited by Tangerine

Or maybe those people should keep their opinions to themselves if it is negative, not go into a thread where people ENJOY what they dislike and then ruin the mood by being negative about it.

Don't parents teach things like this to their kids when they are toddlers? It is common sense.

tumblr_lgexfkPpLO1qzmowao1_500.jpg

You realize you are talking to a mod and a former mod about what the rules are, right? I am pretty sure we both know what we are talking about.

Indeed. However the ethics of this forum do not corelate with my morals in this case, which is the difference between an opinion and trolling. Again, I state that I'm not really caring since it's FFtF, just stating my opinion on the matter that was at hand here.

Well it's not like I warned anyone for it, just saying it is trolling and that it doesn't belong in this thread.

No I wouldn't expect anyone to be warned. I think some healthy debate is what's needed in every thread. April came along and said he disliked Valentine's Day (in his own special way) and gave reason. I see no harm in that personally. If people are butthurt that easily, then they should stay out of FFtF because it happens in many threads. Even my own MW2 thread.

It is not really up for debate :P.

If what you thought were rules, maybe I would be taking your opinion on it a little more seriously! You can make a ticket about it, but I very much doubt any of the other staff members are going to agree that trolling and flaming should be allowed in FFTF.

No I wouldn't expect anyone to be warned. I think some healthy debate is what's needed in every thread. April came along and said he disliked Valentine's Day (in his own special way) and gave reason. I see no harm in that personally. If people are butthurt that easily, then they should stay out of FFtF because it happens in many threads. Even my own MW2 thread.

Have you ever thought of, oh I don't know, making your own anti-valentine's thread rather than trolling a pro-valentine's day thread?

u mad

Either continue with this topic as it was intended, or I'm going to lock it.

If you have any concerns, PM me.

That is three staff members now who agree, can you guys stop being silly now please :D?

That is three staff members now who agree, can you guys stop being silly now please :D?

I'm just seriously not liking the behaviours exhibited here. I couldn't care less if the topic was derailed or if people posted anti-Valentine's Day propaganda, but nobody's listening here, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to disallow the root of what's causing this.

In other words: play nice.

Thanks Night. I'm still unhappy that my ragepost towards Narga was disapproved and hidden from public by Tangerine, but thanks for defusing this (and me).