(FE10) Hard Mode draft tournament

Junkhead

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update with part 1

1-3 9 turns

I used Nolan to help break down the door, and I don't see how you can do this in 6 turns without anyone drafted and not take a penalty.

I fell down the stairs.

Remember that I allowed Rescue/Dropping along with Shoving? That really helped. Micaiah got to open the Door and then get Rescue/Dropped out of enemy Archers' range. But remember, the Rescue/Dropping was only allowed up to 1-5.

Each one of the players has a favorite or two of mine :) idk who to cheer for but Xander, nflchamp, and Soul carry my most favorites so I'll root for them ^_^

8)

[/size][/color]

Wow this team is brutal. At least Parts 1 and 3 aren't the longest segments in the game, right?

oh wait

Part 1 seems to be where the turncounts impact the most.

Sho M's and RFOF's teams are kind of ridiculous imo

Haha, you really think so? (No more comment about Laura?)

This post actually has no purpose now that the Laura comment is gone. Oops.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Haha, you really think so? (No more comment about Laura?)

This post actually has no purpose now that the Laura comment is gone. Oops.

Haha, I edit'd it after taking a second look since I noticed your team is kind of weak in 1-8 so Sho M having Muarim there + Haar in Part 3 might overtake that... Hm...

I think early game healers are overrated since they gain EXP too slowly compared to everyone else and there's not enough BEXP on HM to bring her up to par.

But

You have

Jill for Part 1 (with stat booster dump from drafts the flying utility is pretty ridic)

Titania (ORKOing at 1-2 range all day)

Oscar (support bot, he and Titania can rescuedrop Ike in 3-4 to help)

Mordecai (avoid 2-2 penalty and Resolve haxing in 4-P and such, makes up for Titania+Oscar in 3-4)

Reyson (LOLOL)

Skrimir (Mordecai 2.0 when he's around)

Danved (avoiding 2-3 and 3-8 penalties)

Volke (last picks are typically just an extra body)

lolaura

Which means that like, your only bad chapter is 1-8 and maybe 1-4 because Jill's not there, IMO.

Sho M's got

Haar (entirety of Part 3 trivial)

Aran (I dunno what he looks like at like 20/5-10 with every stat booster on him but I would think he can handle late Part 1+DB Part 3 well enough)

Marcia (no 2-3/3-9 penalty, flyer)

Ilyana (Part 1 help... Probably useless afterwards, idk)

Shinon (KOs, part 3, crossbows, etc.)

Muarim (1-8/E assistance)

Giffca (1-E)

Lethe (deadweight)

Renning (more or less deadweight)

His early picks are stronger IMO (mostly Haar) but I think he'll slow down a bit later.

Soul's team is also good but his team is mostly frail, not around, no/bad 2 range, or some combination of those which... might hurt him. I'm not entirely sure since there's never been an HM draft before but I generally dislike having both frail units and weak 2 range.

nfl has a ridic part 1 team (Edward AND Nolan? What the crap?) but his part 3 is mostly dick (Ike, General No Move, and a subbie). 3/8 of his picks are forced onto Hawk Army (which is pretty lame since Tibbers can solo 4-5) which leaves him with one good desert unit and probably someone else who will have to go along and then do nothing in the desert.

You usually overlook Part 1. 8[

Part 1 is overrated imo, minimizing Part 2 penalties and maximizing unit effectiveness in Part 4 is just as important (the latter especially when there's a quarter as much BEXP to go around)

Edited by Paperblade

I chose Laura initially because I recalled Integrity's 1 turn clear of 3-13 by having her Purge Ike, though I remembered a bit too late that that was on Normal mode where you can reasonably get her to Saint status with BEXP. I also needed someone else for part 1 and DB part 3.

But yeah, in any case, Muarim would probably have been a better pick. Oh well, can't have everything.

I chose Laura initially because I recalled Integrity's 1 turn clear of 3-13 by having her Purge Ike, though I remembered a bit too late that that was on Normal mode where you can reasonably get her to Saint status with BEXP. I also needed someone else for part 1 and DB part 3.

But yeah, in any case, Muarim would probably have been a better pick. Oh well, can't have everything.

Unless you're my ridiculous FE7 draft team.

But that was because the rules kept changing so I got like 7th pick Ninils >_>

Yeah, poor guy. GO, you take Oliver. Sho has enough to go around. >8[

...AND WE S- Well, those that haven't started can start now. And Integ, put this in your Drafting topic!

Thank you for cooperating, guys.

Thank you.

The reason why I picked Astrid over someone like Volke, Vika and even Gareth was because I just recently discovered Astrid could use Paragon and Blossom at the same time. With all the times I removed Paragon from her, I just forgot she came along with it. What I'm worried about is, though, that she will get doubled and 1RKO'd unless I get her Spd off from base at 3-9.

Lyre is just for the lack of a better option. Rather than wasting my time and risking Rafiel's life, I just kill Oliver. This is the third time I'm drafting Lyre. ;~;

She'll always be doubled by swordies until she reaches good speed I know she gets 3HKO' by 3 different enemies if she has 20 speed by 3-11, its not good but its better than being owned by 2 enemies. She levels up fast though just give her plenty of kills, especially the crossbow users in 2-3. Take advantage of 2-3 :3 where you can use NPCs as her walls, unless thats part of the rules set.

I used Lyre in easy mode and she was just no the only thing I depended on was her rend, her damage output never got better than one digit damage :(.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Well since I noticed I got Pelleas, I'm going to have to restart, that's just great. dry.gif Not to mention I'm going to have to finish a file before I can start this

Oh well, I didn't like how my characters were looking anyway

Edited by Xander

I apologize for the inconvenience. But you should have thought of that before beginning. Or maybe you could just bench Pelleas, considering all he can do is heal.

I also made the following change to two Part 2 chapter penalties:

2-P : Elincia/Marcia/Nealuchi (3), Leanne/Haar (4)

2-2 : 3 for everyone, one non drafted character may be used free of penalty

I switched them around, considering it's unavoidale for most of the team to go into battle, costing us more turns. Objections? :awesome:

I switched them around, considering it's unavoidale for most of the team to go into battle, costing us more turns. Objections? :awesome:

Yes, objections. Stop changing rules, especially now that drafting is finished. Stuff like this affects who people want to pick. I don't know what the reasoning behind those rules was originally, but I'm sure it exists.