A FE8 hack I've been thinking about...

ThatGuyDownTheStreet

The only problem I'd see with staying with FE8 is that several of the event codes are weird.

Like, instead of IFCA or IFDD like in FE7, you have SETCONDITION (something).

I would be willing to help you out (a little, because I have my own shit to do) as far as eventing goes, though.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. FE7 can't function with like anything dragonstone liek from what I recall, so that'd make laguz impossible.

Also, I personally love the idea of Raider. Steal and a crit bonus would make it a viable alternative to the other classes.

No. FE7 can't function with like anything dragonstone liek from what I recall, so that'd make laguz impossible.

Also, I personally love the idea of Raider. Steal and a crit bonus would make it a viable alternative to the other classes.

This. About the Laguz!

And thanks for the support for the Raider, I was trying to think of what a new Axe class could be!

I voted no, easily because you want to do something new right?

You want a bit of a challenge and have something original that people would want to play as:

This is it. Not a FE7 hack >_>

And there is quite a few FE8 event stuff out there, sorta...

Why don't you talk to a couple of the people out there that are hacking FE8 or have and see if you can get there notes!

I quite like the idea of a FE8 hack with no beasts, it'd be interesting you could expand the stort quite a bit, plus I'm sure you'll figure out mapping/events!

BTW yeah Mouthe Doug's could be removed me thinks, just make it enemy armies *nods* they'd look wierd on their own!

Plus with no beast allows for alot of custom class space, something that is not there in FE7

The only problem I'd see with staying with FE8 is that several of the event codes are weird.

Like, instead of IFCA or IFDD like in FE7, you have SETCONDITION (something).

I would be willing to help you out (a little, because I have my own shit to do) as far as eventing goes, though.

To Everyone: All Right I think it is safe to say that I am staying with FE8 especially since anyone who wanted FE7 didn't speak up about why.

To Reinfleche: I'm all ready going to make the Beresrker class steal and have +15 crit so I don't think it will be neccessary unless you guys want it. Also I see what you're saying about the laguz gem though.

To Chaotic Soma: No Mauthe Dogs you say, though I know what you mean it would look kind of weird. I do need that class space for this hack. Right now I'm sort of drawn to the custom animation and portrait you guys will probably see more of that in the future.

To Kamui: Thank you for offering Kamui, but I think I can handle this stuff on my own for right now. If I truly need anything I will post a question thread.

Thanks to all of you for posting. (This includes Claude as well)

Update Post!

So as some of you know I am going to stay with FE8, and that's my final decision.

Here's the update stuff

-the name of the hack is going to be Fire Emblem: Rise of (insert final boss' name)

-as you can tell the final boss will be a character from SSBB who can use a weapon of Fire Emblem (I will say who it is if you guess correctly)

-Vigarde's replacement is Gheb

-Lyon's replacement is Glass

-The 3 trainees will fight together against the two protagonists in the game (similar to the idea of how Rebirth 2 works in FERD)

-Hayden will be replaced by Hector

-the chapter 5 boss will be also be cormag's replacement (hint: it's someone playable in both FE9 and FE10, if you guess right I'll say it's right)

-the cavalier class is split into sword and lance knights, lance knights promote to g-knights and sword knights promote to paladins(people of SFF already know this)

-thunder and bolting are effective against wyverns

-Here are the character names of the custom characters I thought of:

Old Name/New Name

Eirika/Elena

Ephraim/Elliot

Seth/Sam

Fado/Fred

-Brigands, Pirates, and Berserkers have steal

-wyvern lords now use axes instead of swords

-I will have new tomes, some will be recolors and maybe some will be custom(I'll have to figure it out first)

-a new weapon called the zabuza sword will appear, it'll will be powerful but very heavy and inaccurate

-some recruitable bosses

-Elliot will be a soldier

I'll post screenshots later on. If you have any questions, comments, complaints, suggestions, or anything else you'd like to share please post it on this thread. (Do not take this the wrong way)

If you mean a playable SSBB character, the only one that makes any sense is Ganondorf, which would be awesome. but there's so many if you get technical with it (mario bros and DDD with hammers, kirby's copy abilities, etc.) even some enemies can use weapons. it's even more technical with the beam sword.

somebody guess it, i'm eager to know.

or, send it to me personally, and I promise I won't tell anybody. (and i'll tell you the final boss of my hack, with the same confidentiality.)

Edited by Claude_C_Kenny

If you mean a playable SSBB character, the only one that makes any sense is Ganondorf, which would be awesome. but there's so many if you get technical with it (mario bros and DDD with hammers, kirby's copy abilities, etc.) even some enemies can use weapons. it's even more technical with the beam sword.

somebody guess it, i'm eager to know.

or, send it to me personally, and I promise I won't tell anybody.

No one knows but myself currently, though all of your guesses (Ganondorf, Mario, Luigi, DeDeDe, and Kirby) are all wrong. The person does not neccessarily have to be bent on evil. If you really really want to know then I can PM it to you.

[20:16:20] The Shota: how do you recruit a boss

[20:16:53] The Shota: do you like wait for the night when he's sleeping then stab him a few times and use a dusk ball?

[20:17:02] The Shota: GOTCHA, BATTA

[20:17:07] The Shota: I WILL CALL YOU PENIS

[20:17:27] The Shota: PENIS ATTACK TO THE FACE

Edited by The Shota

No one knows but myself currently, though all of your guesses (Ganondorf, Mario, Luigi, DeDeDe, and Kirby) are all wrong. The person does not neccessarily have to be bent on evil. If you really really want to know then I can PM it to you.

I got a little carried away because i'm doing a similar thing. if you don't mind, I would like to know. and i'll tell you mine as well.

PM means I get a notice that says "X has started a personal conversation with you" right?

Edited by Claude_C_Kenny

[20:16:20] The Shota: how do you recruit a boss

[20:16:53] The Shota: do you like wait for the night when he's sleeping then stab him a few times and use a dusk ball?

[20:17:02] The Shota: GOTCHA, BATTA

[20:17:07] The Shota: I WILL CALL YOU PENIS

[20:17:27] The Shota: PENIS ATTACK TO THE FACE

lol

I got a little carried away because i'm doing a similar thing. if you don't mind, I would like to know. and i'll tell you mine as well.

PM means I get a notice that says "X has started a personal conversation with you" right?

Yes that's the response you get when someone PMs you

So, it's reverse GhebFE? That's a stupid idea.

I don't get what you are saying, please elaborate.

replying to it won't somehow make it visible to others, will it? if I just click 'add reply'?

It shouldn't be visible unless you send it to another person.

Edit: I see what you're saying Seph, I really was shaky about the idea, though now that I think about it I would rather make a custom character just because I really don't like using the character of Gheb that much. Also, the main reason I chose him is because I didn't want to chose Zephiel like most others have.

Edited by hithere1

I did, I did. And, the only hack I've seen use Zephiel is Mageknight404's hack. Otherwise, can't think of anyone. Your choice for which boss to use, though.

I actually saw someone else use Zeph. Mainly though when I first got the results for which base I should use for a hack I was really inspired by MageKnight404, You, Hero Of Time, FlyingAce24, and SwordSalmon to start hacking as soon as I could. I got many ideas and what not. But that's really just a little story of how it began. I think I'm going to take a break now.

Update Post!

So from adding up all the votes from SFF and SoS, I tallied that the majority wanted to have armor axes and armor swords along armor lances.

Note:

I will be taking a break from SFF and SoS, I'm not sure when I'll come back, though before I go I'll have to do a few things.

I'll post a topic in Jeigan's Joint/Far from the Forest explaining more

Please don't expect updates for some time.

Anyway, just back to answer some questions, not officialy back yet.

Maybe you could have hidden items like in FE10 or the desert maps in chapters other than desert ones. I think I know who the guys you mentionned are:

-Final boss=Link, Sheik, Ike or Marth

-Cormag replacement=Jill or Haar.

Wish I had seen this earlier, but your Cormag replacement guess is right, you will get Haar.

everything working out okay so far?

So far, so good. Progress has been a bit slow but this weekend I'm definately going to focus on it more.

Update Post!

So I figured I might as well ask a couple questions, so a new poll is up! Please give feedback!

I mainly put this up because I've always wondered if you guys wanted it or not.

Another question for you guys, is there something you want in this FE8 mod? I'm just talking about something within my reach like an early on Mercanary and stuff like that. So feel free to post what you think you want in this hack and I'll tell you if I feel like inputing what you want.

Anyway, in other news I've come up with some groups that will be throughout the plot:

- The Dusk Light (the Merc group that protects the royal throne)

- The Brandits (Will be replacing Bazba's bandits, the Monster groups, and skirmish groups)

- The Task Force (They're like the police of this game, they will aid you but more toward the end of the hack)

Thanks for your time!

Edited by ThatGuyDownTheStreet