Marvel vs Capcom 3

Maou

Ok first of all, that analogy makes no sense whatsoever.

My apologies, I miss worded what I was saying. The primary purpose of having good movement is to get around spammers like Dante and his missiles or Sentinel and his Sentinel Force. If you have trouble getting around spammers with Ryu, you will have trouble getting around spammers with pretty much everyone. Sure, his movement isn't as good as it was in TvC because he lost his air dash, but it doesn't cripple him all that much.

And based on the news that I've gathered on why people think Ryu is bad, it's simply because one pro said he is bad, thus people dismissed him just like Thor. Most people I see generally say that Ryu is a decent character, and definitely not the worst in the game.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the point he's trying to make is that relative to other characters, Ryu's ability to pursue is limited. He has options, but they are deficient compared to other members of the game.

Though I have to say, I find it pretty satisfying to do a super jump with a L Tatsumaki into a H Shoryuken. Something about it is so satisfying when it actually lands. :awesome:

Yeah, Esau's interpretation was correct. I'm not talking about dodging spam from scrubs online, it's about Ryu lacking the movement abilities that would allow him to crack open his opponent's guard and thus make comboing easier.

And based on the news that I've gathered on why people think Ryu is bad, it's simply because one pro said he is bad, thus people dismissed him just like Thor. Most people I see generally say that Ryu is a decent character, and definitely not the worst in the game.

Many pros who played the last builds of the game before release noticed Ryu's weaknesses. Keits was probably the first one to state his thoughts out loud, but others who played the builds agreed. Go to any respectable fighting game forum (SRK), and check out a tier speculation thread or something. Anyone who knows what the hell they're talking about will say that Ryu has a weak rushdown game, but has a great lvl 1 hyper (shinku hadoken) and good fireballs.

And sorry, random people that you know don't have any influence on whether a character is good or bad.

And sorry, random people that you know don't have any influence on whether a character is good or bad.

And the people making the tier lists are any different :mellow:

Btw, does anyone know if the DLC characters(Jill and Shuma) will be available any time soon?

March 15th.

And the people making the tier lists are any different

Except that tier lists are created by the competitive community (hint: they know what they are talking about), this is very different from your friends saying Ryu is good when they have nothing to back it up. Justin Wong, Marn, Clockwork, and other pro players will influence the future tier positions of the characters and that's just how it is with fighting games.

I've been on a trophy unlock craze with this game. Quite enjoyable I say I don't really have a set team but the ones I use the most at the moment is Captain America (I enjoy his play style), Morigan (she's ok mainly there for her assist), and Iron Man (since I have no Captain Commando I have to improvise).

I hear Dante is pretty good I have yet to take the time to play with the character so..... But I also enjoy using Spider Man, Zero, X-23, Storm, Dr. Doom, and Akuma. Working on getting use to a few others before I decide to hope online and get beat up by people.

Yeah, the more I play Cap, the more I like him. I wasn't a big fan of the character in MvC 2, but something about the way he does his movements is so entertaining to watch.

Semi-related, I like when Cap and Iron Man are the leaders against one another, Tony says something along the lines of "It's no use Steve: My armor knows what you'll do before you do." No one ever liked Civil War but me. I guess I'm just too easy to please. :P

I've been playing the game a lot as of late. Really fun game.

My main team is Hsien-Ko/Deadpool/Morrigan, though I also use Felicia a lot as well. Sometimes I'll also play Wolverine, Akuma, Tasky, Doom, and a few others.

• 4 months later...

And Lupinko (Guy who leaked MVsC3 and MK9 roster) is back at it. Confirming SMvsC3, implying Strider, Pheonix Wright, Frank West, and then everyone else is up to debate. But if I have to say, Megaman Starforce is being implied.

Sweet, perhaps it's the 2 last slots in the character select screen finally about to get filled out.

I love this game as stated, but I would agree that it needs toning down for real. It makes comebacks way too...Stupid. Like a comeback is cool, but if you did it with X-Factor, all you did was win with X-Factor. Also, if anyone has ever known the faggotry that is X-Factor Dark Phoenix...Granted you can just snap her in and killer her with one landed mixup, but if you don't succeed in like very few attempts fast enough, you gotta deal with that bullshit.

Also, my team is Taskmaster/Doom/Haggar. Get some.

Yeah, the lupinko tweets are making people go nuts.

I really hope Strider will get in though, couldn't care less about other characters.

Chibi, Lupinko's partner in crime confirmed Strider 100% from what I hear.

Let's just wait for comicon and see what happens.

Regardless of what happens.

THERE WILL BE RAGE.

Also, a team without Haggar isn't a team.

Edited by 3-13Archer

Chibi, Lupinko's partner in crime confirmed Strider 100% from what I hear.

Let's just wait for comicon and see what happens.

Yeah, Strider seems likely but I'm going to wait for an official announcement before getting my hopes up.

• 2 weeks later...

http://shoryuken.com/2011/07/20/umvc3-all-twelve-new-characters-leaked/

Official leak!

MARVEL SIDE

Dr Strange

Ghost Rider (Finally, a game with Nicholas Cage!)

Hawkeye

Iron Fist

Nova

Rocket Raccoon (wut?)

CAPCOM SIDE (GET HYPE)

FIREBRAND (Ghost and Goblins. You know him better as REDD DEVIL GARGOYLE BASTARD ARRRRRG)

FRANK WEEEEEEEEEEEEST!!

NEMESIIIIIIIS!! (Resident Evil 3)

PHOENIX WRIIIIIIIGHT!!

STRIDER HIRYU ORIOOOOON!!

VERGIIIIIL!! (Devil May Cry 3)