Bandit guy in FE8

In chapter 5 there is this bandit character that apears on turn 2 he has a portrait when you see his stats and stuff. Was he left there on purpose or was he accidently left there?He seems tougher than that other bandit that appears

I'm just curious about that guy

Thanks in advanced

I think it's more likely they forgot or decided not to include a minimug than forgot they accidentally gave the guy a full character position and character profile portrait.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing it was an error or something, since they couldn't pull off what they did in FE7 and make generic faces over highlighted people mean nothing.

He has different stats. Different. Stats.

And I can think of one off the top of my head. Guy Who Talks To Amelia In Fort Rigwald. All the generic soldiers, in fact.

• 5 weeks later...

In chapter 5 there is this bandit character that apears on turn 2 he has a portrait when you see his stats and stuff. Was he left there on purpose or was he accidently left there?He seems tougher than that other bandit that appears

I'm just curious about that guy

Thanks in advanced

I think he was originally meant to be a playable character, because Ross is the only Pirate in the game. But then they probably decide not to do it and left him as a generic enemy.

I think he was originally meant to be a playable character, because Ross is the only Pirate in the game. But then they probably decide not to do it and left him as a generic enemy.

So because Ross is the only playable Pirate, this Bandit must have been intended to be playable...

So because Ross is the only playable Pirate, this Bandit must have been intended to be playable...

Just throwing out ideas here, since no one seems to know what he's really here for... Also, I think his face was unique too.

That seems like quite a leap. Enemy bandit with non-generic face -> intended to be playable.

• 3 weeks later...

I looked in the game data to research this, because I know there is an empty character slot in the middle of the playable character list that's class was an axeuser; Character #1B. It was a Brigand that lacked any other information (no portrait) found between Dolza and Rennac.

The brigand that had a portrait in Chapter 5, had their own character number, #65, listed among all the other generic enemies. It is followed by #66, which are the other generic brigands that fight in that chapter. It seems IS had no intentions for that character to be recruitable.

One interesting thing that can be seen in the manner is Gale from FE6 who's character data is listed among all the playable characters, and is actually rumored to have been recruitable in early development.

In the beta version of FE8, the character between Dozla and Rennac is Nate, a Wyvern Rider. You can find their details here. Didn't know they became a Brigand in the final release : o

In the beta version of FE8, the character between Dozla and Rennac is Nate, a Wyvern Rider. You can find their details here. Didn't know they became a Brigand in the final release : o

I thought Nate was completely overwritten by Cormag, but then again I've never actually looked at the Beta version.

The character slot had it's name changed to "Enemy" in the final release. There are also some extra names (among the playable characters? or NPCs?) that aren't covered in the Unused Contents article. I believe theres a "Monica" and a "Nadine".

I thought Nate was completely overwritten by Cormag, but then again I've never actually looked at the Beta version.

The character slot had it's name changed to "Enemy" in the final release. There are also some extra names (among the playable characters? or NPCs?) that aren't covered in the Unused Contents article. I believe theres a "Monica" and a "Nadine".

Monica is an NPC that shows up extremely briefly in Ruled By Madness. No idea about Nadine.

Thanks for the corrections. I remember who Monica was now: Orson's wifesmile.gif

And yea Nadine follows Isadora in the character names. Good catch.

Edited by Desro