Hard Mode Playthrough

So, i decided to start a hard mode playthrough. (gasp!) I never really play this mode, so what are the real differences and which route should i go? (and who should i use?)

Im only on like chapter 3. So far, im not noticing any real differences except decreased exp gain.

Edited by Florina

• 1 month later...

HM is just NM with more enemies and slightly increased enemy stats - almost made up for by the increased enemy load giving you more xp. Awesome, isn't it?

And Sethskip is for losers.

The enemies are slightly harder. The promoted enemies suck less (seriously, NM promoted enemies are sometimes suckier than the unpromoted guys. Look at C9 Eir Sniper.) And recruitables get no HM bonuses. Honestly, you don't need it. This game's easy enough as it is.

I'm biased towards Eir mode because I played it more. Eph 14 has irritating status staves, though. Might wanna bring some pure waters for that if you wanna do Eph route.

HM is just NM with more enemies and slightly increased enemy stats - almost made up for by the increased enemy load giving you more xp. Awesome, isn't it?

And Sethskip is for losers.

Enemy stats in this game are very similar to in FE7, except with the addition of luck. There is not an increase in the number of enemies, or for that matter, anything other than enemy stats. Bosses get stat boosts of about 1 point across each stat and ~2 or 3 points of HP.

You're just upset that people realised that Lute sucks.

Enemy stats in this game are very similar to in FE7, except with the addition of luck. There is not an increase in the number of enemies, or for that matter, anything other than enemy stats. Bosses get stat boosts of about 1 point across each stat and ~2 or 3 points of HP.

You're just upset that people realised that Lute sucks.

Actually, iirc in a couple of chapters, such as 9 EPHM there are reinforcements that don't come in other modes.

Enemy stats in this game are very similar to in FE7, except with the addition of luck.

I think someone once posted a comparison of two enemy cavaliers at similar points in the game, and the FE7 HHM one had higher stats by 1-2 points compared to the FE8 one.

FE8 does get a bit tougher near endgame because there are more promoted enemies than FE7 endgame maps.

I think someone once posted a comparison of two enemy cavaliers at similar points in the game, and the FE7 HHM one had higher stats by 1-2 points compared to the FE8 one.

FE8 does get a bit tougher near endgame because there are more promoted enemies than FE7 endgame maps.

I know that HM bonuses in FE6 are dependent on the chapter. Does the same apply for FE7 and FE8?

It's true that the enemies in Last Hope are a good deal tougher until very lategame FE7 enemies (by which point you probably have higher level units, plus FE7 generally has better prepromotes), but most of them are easy to avoid fighting at all.

In 7 it's a flat 5 bonus levels in each chapter (although you can modify it to be unique)

Yeah except late FE8 maps are like

Chapter 17: rush Lyon since there's only like 4 guys guarding him

Chapter 18: lolfreeexp

Chapter 19: Rush Riev kills on turn 2

Chapter 20: S Ranks too good

Chapter 21: S ranks too good

Final: S Ranks too good

• 1 month later...