Reinfleche plays FE5!

riariadne

I'm actually doing this! I've never played FE5 (well, I tried it out a little for learning how shit works, got mostly through chapter 3). Playing in Japanese because you guys want gameplay not story. My voice sucks in this because I didn't fix mic settings beforehand. I know the basics, but I'm not really sure what's going on so prepare to see some miserable failures and stuff :awesome: I do know that you lose Eveyl really early so I'm going to take her stuff away after every chapter just in case (besides ch 1 because that would be cruel so I assume it wouldn't do that). I also know Gaiden requirements and how to recruit everyone, and I'll be getting everyone I possible can besides maybe Xavier.

EPISODE 1: http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cXeeYd26A

Coulda done it on Youtube but it'd have an annoying watermark so this seemed like a better choice and I'm using it to record anyways so that's 2 birds in 1 stone. You'll probably see it a little in the background even. I like it.

Comments and stuff are appreciated and will be noted. :newyears: Feel free to suggest who to use- you could probably get me to use anyone because I refuse to look at growths for this first playthrough. If my results seem at all good I'll take your suggestion for probably the rest of the run.

NOW FEATURING: THE CASUALTIES LIST

-The Casualties List-
Name    Chapter     Method
Marty        3            Died valiantly trying to deal with Bandits to save small children
Dalshin     4            Critted by some fucking Thunder-using Mage.
Fergus      4x          Crit by a fucking Armor then captured by a Soldier.
Karin        4x          Left open on the backlines and captured by an Armor.
Dalshin    4x          Maged to death.
Lifis          4x          Multiple times- combinations of death by spears and fire
Leaf          4x          Died in a manly fight against many Armors, Soldiers, and a Bishop
Lifis           5           Did not range check very well.
Nanna       5            Forgot to move Turn 1 and was ORKO'd by some Hero
Nanna       5            Due to her amazing 1 AS with the Earth Sword, was doubled and ORKO'd by a General

Edited by Luka Megurine

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lara becomes the Dancer, so she's a given. Don't rely on Dagda or Evayl, use Asvel and Lifis for sanity, Manchua and Brighton are good. You'll probably fanboy over Ronin and Tanya, but Tanya is the only good archer.

Use Olwen and Salem. And Saphy. Tina is good for Thief if nothing else. Linoan is cool, and so is Homeros. Sara is kinda needed, so train her some. Shiva is pretty good, and use Karin and Fergus for sure.

I'd say Eda and Dean are pretty good, but don't touch Selphina's pack or Glade. Glade can really only chip or something crappy. Use Fin and Othin. Othin is better cause of Pugi and you might want Dalsin, so give the Brave Axe to Lifis or something at the end of 3.

KARIN KARIN KARIN KARIN KARIN KARIN KARIN KARIN KARIN KARIN

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Er, yeah, use her. Otherwise, I'll watch and comment later today/maybe tomorrow.

I do know that you lose Eveyl really early so I'm going to take her stuff away after every chapter just in case (besides ch 1 because that would be cruel so I assume it wouldn't do that).

You could just check for this little tidbit. Most of your army dissolves after completing chapter 3. Items that were left on Othin, Halvan, Dagda, Marty, Tania, Ronan, and Saphy will return when the respective character returns (somewhere between chapters 7 and 8x). Items left on Eyvel will go to the convoy, which is accessible starting from the chapter 8 base. Items left on Lifis and Leaf will be moved to chests in chapter 4, which obviously need to be unlocked should you want the items back. Please do not stock them up full of unnecessary crap, because chapter 4 will take forever. Just the Light Sword and Fire Sword should be sufficient.

Feel free to suggest who to use- you could probably get me to use anyone because I refuse to look at growths for this first playthrough. If my results seem at all good I'll take your suggestion for probably the rest of the run (that feels like cheating).

Dagda is excellent. Quite a few of the midgame prepromotes are actually pretty clutch. In addition to Dean, who has already been brought up, Eyrios is pretty boss and definitely worth skipping Olwen for. Fred is pretty mediocre in terms of base stats but does well in indoor maps due to having A rank swords. Amalda also does pretty well due to having 1 base move and good weapon ranks.

If you plan on using Warp strategies, try capturing enemies with Physic staves. Those are the best way to raise Salem and Linoan's staff ranks from C to B, and promotion will take them the rest of the way.

Edited by dondon151

@Psych: Oh, cool. You should've seen my first runthrough. eveyl eveyl eveyl eveyl. Asvel's the mage right? and lifis is the thief dude? who is manchua. brighton looks cool. I recall hearing somewhere that Ronan's mag growth is like 4x his str growth :| and yeah probably gonna use Tanya. She didn't see much action in Ch 1 sadly. DThunder looks fun.

@Integ: K. FE4 gave me the first pegasus Knights I really wanted to use besides Gaiden. Hoping FE5 will do the same :)

@Gen Spoon: fuck that's insanely useful. i thought I was going to have to guess and check for everything which was really discouraging. Thanks.

@Dondon: woah what. Well that's good to know. I'll keep those in mind.

What happens with the other chests? Do you always get an item, or can you open them and have nothing show up?

Edited by Reinfleche

@Dondon: woah what. Well that's good to know. I'll keep those in mind.

What happens with the other chests? Do you always get an item, or can you open them and have nothing show up?

The map can hold up to 16 chests. There will be a minimum of 4 chests if neither Leaf nor Lifis enter chapter 4 with any items. Those chests will contain a Vulnerary, a Rapier, a Steel Sword, and a Javelin. There will only be as many chests as there are items that need to be retrieved. If Leaf and Lifis bring 13 or 14 items into chapter 4, then the excess items will overwrite the default items; for example, in the case that you bring 13 items into chapter 4, one of the Vulnerary, Rapier, Steel Sword, or Javelin will be replaced by the 13th item.

The configuration of the chests is also randomized each time you start the chapter. Which is annoying, to say the least. There are 64 possible chest configurations given a set of items in those chests. If you know what Leaf and Lifis are bringing into the map, you can use this page (http://hpcgi1.nifty.com/mickeyinu/fe/rand/fe5_c4.html) to figure out where the items are based on the arrangement of the chests (much easier to determine when the number of chests is low). Try to at least get the Rapier and Steel Sword.

Edited by dondon151

The map can hold up to 16 chests. There will be a minimum of 4 chests if neither Leaf nor Lifis enter chapter 4 with any items. Those chests will contain a Vulnerary, a Rapier, a Steel Sword, and a Javelin. There will only be as many chests as there are items that need to be retrieved. If Leaf and Lifis bring 13 or 14 items into chapter 4, then the excess items will overwrite the default items; for example, in the case that you bring 13 items into chapter 4, one of the Vulnerary, Rapier, Steel Sword, or Javelin will be replaced by the 13th item.

The configuration of the chests is also randomized each time you start the chapter. Which is annoying, to say the least. There are 64 possible chest configurations given a set of items in those chests. If you know what Leaf and Lifis are bringing into the map, you can use this page (http://hpcgi1.nifty.com/mickeyinu/fe/rand/fe5_c4.html) to figure out where the items are based on the arrangement of the chests (much easier to determine when the number of chests is low). Try to at least get the Rapier and Steel Sword.

Alright, that helps a lot. Thanks.

Here's a bit of a schedule for updates, for anyone who's interested.

Monday: Definitely will be an update every Monday, probably even two.

Tuesday: May or may not have an update.

Wednesday: Will usually have an update, possibly two.

Thursday: Will usually have an update, but rarely two.

Friday: Will possibly have an update, and possibly another.

Saturday: May have anything ranging from zero to three updates.

Sunday: Will probably never have an update.

You could probably only watch Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays and be good, to be honest.

Edited by Reinfleche

For your own sake, if you're going to be playing in Japanese, you really should have a basic command of hiragana and katakana, if for nothing else, telling the weapons apart.

e.g.

てつの大剣: Iron Blade (literally Iron Big Sword)

ておの: Hand Axe

はがねのおの: Steel Axe

てやり: Javelin (literally Hand Lance)

ゆうしゃのやり: Brave Lance

The boss was holding a ロングソード, if I remember right (Longsword).

Edited by Balcerzak

I would also really suggest at least glancing at a guide so you'd have an idea of where to go. I can imagine that on chapter 2x you'll end up sending all of your units down the incorrect path and then have to waste time backtracking.

Hmm. Well, I managed to get through FE4 multiple times solely by memorizing the icons and the order of menu items.

... What's a Master Weapon supposed to be for? Are they any good? They look awesome, but their uses look limited and the hit rate isn't stellar... then again, neither is much else's. Also, how exactly does PCC work? It just adds that much critical, multiplies it, what? And what qualifies as an attack that can use PCC?

@Dondon: I've played Chapter 2x already. I got most of the way through chapter 3. I also have FEWoD bookmarked which helps.

Edited by Reinfleche

Needless to say, I love Master Weapons and I wish they'd bring them back for future FEs (FE12 Master Sword is not as epic as FE5's).

PCC is known as Pursuit Critical Cooeficient. So if a character can double, the higher the PCC, the greater the chance of a critical on the next strike.

The formula is Critical rate x PCC.

It makes units like Othin and Fergus even more epic and cements Pahn as a better fighter than Lifis.

Edited by Laughing Unicorn

... What's a Master Weapon supposed to be for? Are they any good? They look awesome, but their uses look limited and the hit rate isn't stellar... then again, neither is much else's. Also, how exactly does PCC work? It just adds that much critical, multiplies it, what? And what qualifies as an attack that can use PCC?

Master weapons exist mostly so that enemy units can fuck around with you by attacking you twice and whatnot. The Master Axe and Master Lance are pretty useful because of their 1-2 range. They're also fairly decent for capturing if you can't double naturally with another weapon. I wouldn't make it your priority to get them, but you should still nab them when given the chance.

PCC multiplies a unit's battle crit rate on their double attack. Attacks extended as a result of Astra, Adept, or hero effect count as the attack from which they originated on. For example, the first attack and any additional attacks from the skills listed above will not have a critical modifier. The second attack of a round of combat and any additional attacks from the skills listed above will have the critical modifier.

http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cXefV22X4

Episode 2! I feel like I did very little for the period of time I recorded. My mom came home at the end so I cut it short.

EDIT:@Robfather: Sadly, I think I'm at the highest framerate allowed. I'll check for next time, though.

EDIT2: Yeah, that's the highest it'll go. But it's like the only thing ever that works for Mac, so I do the best with what I've got.

Edited by Reinfleche

I can't see it, but I would watch if I had my comp/ you used YouTube.

Also Dagda + Scrolls = :awesome:

If you want to hear my personal recommendation for an effective team, look no further.

I recommend using the following characters for your main campaign(not that this post is a S.Y.O.T topic, and in no particular order):

Othin, Halvan, Fin, Safy, Lifis, Felgus, Bryton, Asvel, Nanna, Shiva, Olwen, Marita, Sarem, Pahn, Dean, Linoan, Sara

I do not recommend these characters for any real use other than their forced period:

Ronan, Miranda, Eda, Marty, Shanam

Or just look at my Tier List:

Notes: Durability is more important than offense. You can get away with fail durability/offense if you have staff/thief/dancer utility. Move/availability doesn't matter as long as you can do your job.

Top:

Sety

Galzus

Othin

Halvan

Felgus

Fin

High:

Safy

Asvel

Lifis

Dalshien

Sara

Pahn

Dean

Shiva

Lara

Above Average:

Bryton

Linoan

Nanna

Carrion

Karin

Olwen

Dagda

Marita

Salem

Homer

Eyrios

Tina

Tanya

Machua

Average:

Amalda

Hicks

Sleuf

Delmud

Glade

Fred

Xavier

Trude

Misha

Ralph

Conomore

Below Average:

Cyas

Selphina

Eyvel

Kein

Alva

Robert

Marty

Crap:

Eda

Miranda

Shanam

Ronan

I revised my old one, and made some changes. Sara should be in high tier now, and Xavier in Lower Mid. I also moved Dagda and Tanya into Upper Mid.

Anyway, good work on your playthrough.

Edited by DA125

@DA: From the looks of it, that is...

... almost exactly what my team will be except Olwen. Guess it's good to see people like it.

Sorry for no update yesterday guys. My internet on this computer outright died, though, so I couldn't do much about it. I have a few questions...

-Where does Sety show up in Chapter 23? I don't see him on FE:WoD's map. I'm guessing he shows up when you enter the green area?

-What's this about "random reinforcements?" Is it just their location that's random, or their items too?

-Does rescuing affect your move, or just capturing?

-Would I be right in thinking I can still recruit Shiva later if I capture him in 2x?

-Do I have to get all the Crusader scrolls to get some sort of best ending or something?