(FE7) HHM draft tournament

Junkhead

Well, since I'm almost done with the 2nd SOYO draft, I felt like going through an FE7 draft that, for once, others don't pick for me. I had the misfortune of inhereting a team in my first FE7 draft because a certain someone ragequit. Then there's the SOYO draft, my second FE7 draft experience, which obviously, I have others pick for me.

So, the rules are the usual:

- No going through Lyn's Mode before entering HHM.

- Marcus and Hector: Free for all.

- Undrafted characters may meatshield as long as they have no weapons. And no, I'm not counting staves as weapons.

- Undrafted characters may only rescue other undrafted characters, NOT your drafted characters, and vice-versa.

- Undrafted characters can Trade and carry items around, but they can't go shopping, visit houses/villages or open doors.

- Undrafted characters can be used to recruit other characters. :)

- Matthew may be used for thieving purposes only, if undrafted.

- Gaidens aren't mandatory. They do add to your turncount. 31x is free for all. We don't want to be short on supplies. And I want to get Karla for free. :awesome:

- At last, if you use an undrafted character or characters for purposes they are not allowed, you get a 4-turn penalty.

Am I forgetting anything?

Remember, keep track of your turncounts as you go through chapters.

Also, don't be afraid of commitment. You sign in. You finish it. I don't want slackers.

List of characters. Credit to SDS for the tier list:

-Top-

-High-

-Upper Middle-

-Middle-

-Lower Middle-

-Low-

The drafting order and draft choices are the following:

1. Soul: Florina, Heath, Ninils, Eliwood, Barf-tray, Vaida, Athos, Karla

2. Chococoke: Priscilla, Kent, Lowen, Erk, Hawkeye, Karel, Farina, Geitz

3. General_Horace: Pent, Fiora, Harken, Lucius, Dorcas, Rath, Louise, Canas

4. 13thshadow: Raven, Sain, Matthew, Isadora, Legault, Jaffar, Wallace, Nino

5. Raven: Serra, Oswin, Guy, Dart, Lyndis, Rebecca, Wil, Renault

Edited by Soul

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say Matthew can open chests, but is he allowed to open doors as well?

Are doors covered by "thiveing purposes"?

Also, sign me up.

Edited by VanguardRaven

Because we don't want to take forever. I could also ask why Titania is free at FE9 with how much easier it is.

Answering my question with "why is Titania still free in FE9 drafts" is not sufficient. Just because one group of people is doing something wrong doesn't give you the faculty to do the same.

Answering my question with "why is Titania still free in FE9 drafts" is not sufficient. Just because one group of people is doing something wrong doesn't give you the faculty to do the same.

What exactly constitutes that being "wrong?"

That wasn't fully answering your question, you know. It was the sentence before that. I'm just thinking you could use that for a better reasoning if my answer wasn't enough. Marcus is so helpful that cutting him around Ch 16-17 isn't very ideal. Alot of characters aren't ready to stand for themselves until Midgame.

I'd guess the free use of Titania in FE9 drafts. Although I think it's subjective.

It is very much subjective. And I think it's fine. Not being able to use the likes of Marcus and Titania early on makes things needlessly painful, especially for someone with a relatively small early team. A suggestion could be to make them free to a certain point, though.

It is very much subjective. And I think it's fine. Not being able to use the likes of Marcus and Titania early on makes things needlessly painful, especially for someone with a relatively small early team. A suggestion could be to make them free to a certain point, though.

It's not painful if you make the player eat penalties. The goal of drafting is not to make it easy for everyone regardless of how poorly they pick; it's to reward good choices and punish poor ones. Anyone can lean on Marcus or Seth or Titania to carry him throughout most of the game with hardly any difficulty.

Regardless, it's fine to make Marcus free until he is no longer forced, or something. There's no reason to allow drafters to deploy him throughout the entire game when he is superior to mostly everyone for the first half of the game and then still better than half of the cast for the other half.

I can't draft until Saturday... should I still join?

EDIT: Also, I believe Marcus should be free up until a certain point. Such as chapter 16/17 or something.

Edited by Chococoke

You could send a PM list to me, or someone else, if that's okay with you.

I'll see what we do with Marcus. Don't really see it as a problem, for now.

You could send a PM list to me, or someone else, if that's okay with you.

I'll see what we do with Marcus. Don't really see it as a problem, for now.

I'm okay with that, do you want me to do that now? Given I'm the last member of the draft.