(FE7) HHM draft tournament

Junkhead

I have a few physic staves, and Lucius can almost use them too, so it won't be bad for me. Prissy probably doesn't have enough range on Physic to heal Zephiel, so you're gonna need to bumrush.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No amount of healing helps when our friend Zephy is ORKO'd by a mercenary. I was literally one turn from acquiring the rescue staff and rescuing him into the treasure room, already killed Ursula, Jaffar had unintentionally blocked the other treasure room from the thieves.

The mercs you're referring to are 2 of the ones that start near Ursula. On turn 4 enemy phase, the merc closer to Zephiel will move to a tile about 5D of the door to the east chest room. If you have a unit move on turn 5 within that merc's range, you should be able to divert him away from Zephiel.

I think that the more luck based part of the chapter involves Jaffar getting damaged. Sometimes he dies due to getting hit by Swordreaver fighters and mages. Also, if he retreats too far up the left side of the map when using Elixirs, the enemy archers will go for Zephiel instead of him, which is very bad news.

Just did a test run of the chapter, Marcus can easily make it to the throne room by turn 6 without much risk of death, but my main issue is getting the treasure, as Jaffar keeps killing the thieves, and I have only 1 use of lockpick left anyhow. And I don't have any more deployment spots for Matt anyway. I might decide to sent Harken down the right side instead, and see how that works.

The mercs you're referring to are 2 of the ones that start near Ursula. On turn 4 enemy phase, the merc closer to Zephiel will move to a tile about 5D of the door to the east chest room. If you have a unit move on turn 5 within that merc's range, you should be able to divert him away from Zephiel.

I think that the more luck based part of the chapter involves Jaffar getting damaged. Sometimes he dies due to getting hit by Swordreaver fighters and mages. Also, if he retreats too far up the left side of the map when using Elixirs, the enemy archers will go for Zephiel instead of him, which is very bad news.

@bolded: That's exactly what happened to me last run.

Any Hory, you've been chugging down the left side? I've been sending my entire army down the right side in order to kill Ursula.

I had Marcus go down the left side on his own in my 0% run so that he could pull over the enemy reinforcements if Jaffar got unlucky. Everyone else went down the right side because Ursula was there and there were also more enemies.

@bolded: That's exactly what happened to me last run.

Any Hory, you've been chugging down the left side? I've been sending my entire army down the right side in order to kill Ursula.

I've sent Harken, Pent and Louise down the left to take care of Maxime, and Marcus and everyone else down the right. Marcus can 0RKO all the enemies sans the Hero and Ursula with a Hand axe, so it makes it easy for me. I'll send Dorcas to replace Marcus in guarding Zephiel, and will hopefully be kept alive by Lucius's Physic staff. Marcus will destroy Ursula with the Brave Sword while she has Bolting equipped.

Relying on a Lowen critical with the Killer Axe kinda sucks, but it's my most reliable way of landing the kill. I might experiment with sending some people down the left side, but the issue is that Maxime wtfmurders my entire team.

Also, dondon: Post moar vids :-B

Relying on a Lowen critical with the Killer Axe kinda sucks, but it's my most reliable way of landing the kill. I might experiment with sending some people down the left side, but the issue is that Maxime wtfmurders my entire team.

Maxime won't come after you if you don't enter his attack range. 8 move units, while hugging the right wall on the left side of the map, can bypass Maxime's attack range entirely.

While that is helpful to know, I think the issue is that my only two 8 move units are Marcus and Lowen, and Lowen is forced downward toward Ursula, while Marcus needs to head to Zephiel's room as soon as possible. I'm thinking of blitzing him as far as possible next run, as I've been having him take out some enemy units as opposed to using his full movement every turn.

You should promote Kent. He should be able to handle the left side of the map fine by himself since his promoted stats are pretty much like the base Marcus that I had. You don't really need him to kill all of the enemies; just to pull them in the right direction.

Chapter 28 (15/148)

AKA: Kent is useless.

Just kidding.

Kent is promoted. He heads left to rescue Jaffar before Jaffar does anything brash. The rest of my wtfsquadron heads down the right side. MVP Lowen, that bastard did everything. He killed many mercs, he killed Ursula. He's an absolute animal. The key to this strategy was, as previously mentioned, getting Matt to the treasure room to the right of Zephiel, and then rescuing his ass with the Rescue Staff. Done and done. By this point, Kent is running full speed with Jaffar in tow back to where Nino is. Nino talks to him, so that's a killing edge and elixer for me. Ursula is killed the turn after the general reinforcement spawns, which I thought might cause issues. Hawkeye had other ideas.

NAME    LEVEL     HP  POW  SKL  SPD  LCK  DEF  RES  WEP
Hector  18.73     35   18   12   12   8    17   8   A Axe
Marcus  15.01     41   16   20   15  14    13  14   S Lance A Sword A Axe
Lowen 18/5.32     43   15   12   20  11    18   5   B Sword A Lance A Axe
Erk   19/1.77     40   14   11   18   8     8  13   A Anima E Staves
Prissy  12.81     22    9   13   12  11     5  12   A Staves
Kent  18/1.22     36   14   14   13   5    10   4   B Sword A Lance E Axe
Hawkeye 10.82     53   20   15   13  16    15  10   S Axe
Farin 19/1.00     34   17   17   15  15    14  17   A Lance E Sword
Karel   08.91     31   16   23   20  25    13  12   A Sword

ALRIGHT. Time for some fucking COG OF DESTINY. Before I begin, here is what I plan on doing with each unit, or how I think they'll help:

Hector: He'll recruit Vaida and kill wyverns, most likely.

Marcus: His high resistance will help, for certain, might even have him bathe in pure water and charge at the enemies with 20+ resistance

Lowen: He's going to kill Linus. Hopefully he procs speed, because he's currently one AS short of doubling Linus with the swordreaver.

Prissy: Restore staff duh.

Erk: 13 resistance kind of sucks, a lot. So hopefully he doesn't get murdered.

Kent: I'm thinking of just feeding him to the sleep staffers, because he can't do anything.

Hawkeye: Potential wyvern duty, though I'm thinking with a pure water and Hand Axes he'll be BOSS.

Farina: Murder some magical bastards.

Karel: Lancereaver vs. wyverns.

I have a speedwings, which I'm not entirely sure who I should give it to. I'm thinking perhaps Lowen, just so that he can double Linus with the Swordreaver and end the chapter faster.

Also, I have a VERY small amount of pure water left. I have a pure water with 1 use, and a pure water with 3 uses. That's it. I'd appreciate any recommendations, because this chapter has been haunting me since my previous HHM draft run.

Edited by Chococoke

Lowen: He's going to kill Linus. Hopefully he procs speed, because he's currently one AS short of doubling Linus with the swordreaver.

You could also try 2x'ing with a Killer Lance.

Kent: I'm thinking of just feeding him to the sleep staffers, because he can't do anything.

He ORKOs unpromoted enemies and I think he can 2HKO valks with a Brave Lance. If you got the Brave Lance.

You should be careful with Priscilla, especially since you're kind of boned if she gets silenced by that 28 mag druid near Linus. I would suggest letting her use a Pure Water.

Lowen also isn't going to dodge any berserk staves anytime in the near future, even with pure water. Make sure Priscilla is in his range until the staff is no more. I'm glad that I have 2 restore staff users. I'm also very glad I have Harken, Marcus, and Dorcas to use the brave weapons to kill the valks. Although I don't know how well Dorcas will handle the other enemies.

Edited by General_Horace

You could also try 2x'ing with a Killer Lance.

For some reason I never gave that any thought, but I suppose that makes more sense.

EDIT: Wait, Linus has the Iron Rune...

He ORKOs unpromoted enemies and I think he can 2HKO valks with a Brave Lance. If you got the Brave Lance.

Erm... about that... :(

I actually kind of regret not getting the brave lance, since it would've saved me some heartache regarding those fucking valks.

Edited by Chococoke

ALRIGHT. Time for some fucking COG OF DESTINY. Before I begin, here is what I plan on doing with each unit, or how I think they'll help:

Hector: He'll recruit Vaida and kill wyverns, most likely.

Marcus: His high resistance will help, for certain, might even have him bathe in pure water and charge at the enemies with 20+ resistance

Prissy: Restore staff duh.

Erk: 13 resistance kind of sucks, a lot. So hopefully he doesn't get murdered.

Hawkeye: Potential wyvern duty, though I'm thinking with a pure water and Hand Axes he'll be BOSS.

Farina: Murder some magical bastards.

Karel: Lancereaver vs. wyverns.

I have a speedwings, which I'm not entirely sure who I should give it to. I'm thinking perhaps Lowen, just so that he can double Linus with the Swordreaver and end the chapter faster.

Also, I have a VERY small amount of pure water left. I have a pure water with 1 use, and a pure water with 3 uses. That's it. I'd appreciate any recommendations, because this chapter has been haunting me since my previous HHM draft run.

Oh man. Here for moral support at least. Cog will be a bitch, for sure. At least you have one Restore user, though that might not be enough, especially with her Resistance. I mean, Pent has trouble dodging the status here sometimes.

Being a little shorter on the Pure Water than you'd like is also unfortunate, I'm not going to lie.

Offhand, I'm not sure I have any advice beyond what you're thinking of for placement and general strategy, though. I doubt Hector can take all the mages from the RHS that will come on down, so he'll need some help with that, and perhaps for some of Vaida's crew as well.

I never tried triggering the Bishop/Monk reinforcements last time, so I don't know if that's preferable to the Druid/Shamans. Whatever you do, don't trigger them both though (obviously).

Anyway, make the most of Farina, she looks like she will prove very helpful.

Regarding the wings, killing Linus won't make the chapter end any faster, as far as I recall, as there's usually more than enough other swarming guys that even if you go for a quick kill you can't rout. So I'm not sure it's worth investing them on Lowen, but if you find yourself struggling, leave that as an option to fall back on on a separate save perhaps?

I don't know how much else I have to say, as I often figure most of my thoughts out through trial and error.

Well, the level is already giving me a headache. It's impossible to take out the Purge Bishop without activating his reinforcements, and I'm already activating the Druid reinforcements, which BY THE WAY WHY DID IT TAKE IS UNTIL FE8 TO REALIZE THAT LUNA WAS WTFOVERPOWERED.

Also, Lowen loves to get critkilled. That is all. I am not giving up hope.

EDIT: Thanks for the moral support, Bal. I shall channel your draft tournament-ness and prevail

Edited by Chococoke

Chapter 28 15/123 Turns

Sent Marcus, Pent, and Louise down the left, and everyone else down the right. Jaffar convieniently placed himself in Zephiel's room, and Marcus got there in time to rescue him and take out all the enemies with a hand axe, while holding Jaffar. Harken one rounded Ursula with a steel sword, after Dorcas drew the mercs with a swordreaver, and Rath eating the boltings. Lucuis spammed Torch this chapter, and is got an A in staves. Made the enemy thieves steal everything, then killed them. Got all the items.

UNIT      LEVEL      HP  POW  SKL  SPD  LCK  DEF  RES  WEP  
Hector    20.00      36   17  20*   12   5    12   5   A Axe
Marcus ??/17.77      38   23  24    20  13    12  14   S Lance A Sword A Axe
Sacrod 16/02.72      44   19  16    10  12     8   4   S Axe E Bow
Lucius 14/05.66      31   21  14    18   4     5  18   A Light A Staff
Canas  16/02.95      32   15  12    14   8     9  15   A Dark E Staff
Fiora  20/01.00      40   16  18    20   8    11  12   A Lance E Sword
Rath   15/01.00      36   15  13    14   6    12   6   A Bow E Sword
Louise ??/07.68      29   13  14    18  17    10  12   S Bow
Pent   ??/09.82      34   18  21    17  15    12  18   S Anima A Staff
Harken ??/10.36      42   24  21    19  12    16  13   B Sword B Axe

Edited by General_Horace