(FE7) HHM draft tournament

Junkhead

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 22 4/72 Turns

Got the Brave Axe, but not the gold. It was too risky for Matt to get through there. Killed the thief for the axe.

Recruited Rath, and realized he has a B in bows without Lyn Mode. Brave bow here he comes.

Also recruited Heath for his crap. Dorcas bought a barrier and a physic staff from the secret shop, while the others ran around getting levels. Marcus doubled the boss with a Silver axe, and I must say, his stats are exceptional.

UNIT    LEVEL    HP  POW  SKL  SPD  LCK  DEF  RES  WEP
Hector  16.36    32   14   16   9    5    11   4   A Axe
Marcus  12.01    35   20   20  16   11    12  11   S Lance A Sword A Axe
Dorcas  12.79    38   14   11   9    7     4   0   A Axe
Lucius   8.23    22   12    8  11    2     1   9   D Light
Canas   12.02    25   13   10   9    8     6  11   B Dark
Fiora   10.98    22   10   13  14    7     8   8   B Lances
Rath     9.64    Base

First attempt of Living Legend, second turn:

Pent.png

Edited by General_Horace

Yeah, you guys are right. It would be unfair for me to change it just because it goes to my favor.

So assuming we goes with Raven's idea...that would mean 17x is free for everyone, considering they can get the exact same turncount with Florina alone. Although I would like hear Raven's reasoning behind that idea.

Why didn't you have the "undrafted units can't be deployed" rule. Really, that's what most of these drafts do. You shouldn't even be deploying units that aren't drafted. The only time they should appear is on their forced chapters, and to use them beyond hiding would be a penalty. I don't understand why you are even allowing meatshielding.

With better rules, the Florina thing wouldn't even be a question because only one person would even be able to deploy florina. Not to mention, you can go faster than 4 turns by simply not going to the chapter. It still shouldn't be free. You get exp and items (and Canas for one drafter) at the cost of turns. Seems simple.

Why didn't you have the "undrafted units can't be deployed" rule. Really, that's what most of these drafts do. You shouldn't even be deploying units that aren't drafted. The only time they should appear is on their forced chapters, and to use them beyond hiding would be a penalty.

That's usually only for FE10 & FE4 drafts. I don't think there is a good reason to even modify this normal rule for FE7 drafting.

I don't understand why you are even allowing meatshielding.

It's to avoid some penalties. Like the ones in Ch 16, if you haven't drafted Lyn's crew.

With better rules, the Florina thing wouldn't even be a question because only one person would even be able to deploy florina. Not to mention, you can go faster than 4 turns by simply not going to the chapter. It still shouldn't be free. You get exp and items (and Canas for one drafter) at the cost of turns. Seems simple.

I think this way is fair for everyone.

@Horie: I wish my Marcus was as awesome as yours.

Edited by Soul

Why didn't you have the "undrafted units can't be deployed" rule. Really, that's what most of these drafts do. You shouldn't even be deploying units that aren't drafted. The only time they should appear is on their forced chapters, and to use them beyond hiding would be a penalty. I don't understand why you are even allowing meatshielding.

Normally I'd say shopping is a good reason to allow them to be deployed, but Soul has banned that for some reason (another reason I never signed up; needing your drafted units just to shop would be annoying). Even so, I don't really see a reason to not allow them to be deployed. Trading is the only "useful" thing they might be allowed to do, but since you're not likely to be making much use of that all deploying them does is add someone that needs to be defended.

And I disagree that gaidens shouldn't be free at least somewhat. I think most of them should either be required or have a certain amount of free turns applied where going over costs you.

Chapter 23 - 6/78 Turns

Got the body ring and Oceal Seal. Canas will appreciate the Body ring greatly.

Marcus took out the closest buffoon with Isadora's silver sword, while Canas, Hector, and Fiora took down the other. Dorcas, Rath and Lucius went north to take out the enemies up there.

Hector  17.91    33   15   17  10    5    11   4   A Axe
Marcus  12.70    35   20   20  16   11    12  11   S Lance A Sword A Axe
Dorcas  13.79    39   15   12  10    8     4   0   A Axe
Lucius   8.99    22   12    8  11    2     1   9   C Light
Canas   13.34    25   14   10   9    8     6  11   A Dark
Fiora   11.92    22   11   14  15    8     8   8   B Lances
Rath    10.32    28   10   10  12    6     8   2   B Bows

Chapter 24 2/80 Turns

Marcus had exactly 4 less speed than Lloyd, which made things interesting. A Javelin and a Silver lance brought him down to 1 HP (enough for Lucius to finish, I need him to promote soon. Fiora got the earth seal, and Rath killed a monk and a wyvern. Two of my drafted characters GTFO'd to Bern before the chapter began x.x

Gave Lucius the Afa's Drops, and he responded with a perfect level. Thanks bud.

Hector  17.99    33   15   17  10    5    11   4   A Axe
Marcus  13.04    36   21   21  17   12    12  12   S Lance A Sword A Axe
Dorcas  13.98    39   15   12  10    8     4   0   A Axe
Lucius  10.62    23   14    9  13    4     2  11   C Light
Canas   14.11    26   14   11  10    8     6  12   A Dark
Fiora   12.01    23   12   14  16    8     8   9   B Lances
Rath    10.89    28   10   10  12    6     8   2   B Bows

WTF Marcus, why didn't you proc defence too?

Edited by General_Horace

Chapter 25 4/84 Turns

Fiora got the robe so she would survive and not have to promote early.

She soloed the right side, and picked up the Elysian Whip to sell. Marcus picked up Hector on turn 1, and dropped him behind him on turn 2. Marcus doubled Pascal with a hand axe, and Hector finished with the Wolf Beil.

This opened up a path for Marcus to seize the castle on turn 3, as Pascal was on a fort at the end of turn 2.

The south was taken out by Dorcas, Rath, Lucius and Canas.

I fed Lucius almost every kill because I want him to promote very soon.

Fiora killed the bishop on the turn 3 enemy phase, and seized on turn 4 player phase. Rath has suprisingly good movement in the forest, so he was able to seize after Canas + Lucius took down the Warrior.

UNIT    LEVEL     HP  POW  SKL  SPD  LCK  DEF  RES  WEP
Hector  19.02     35   16   19   11   5    12   4   A Axe
Marcus  15.23     38   22   22   19  12    12  14   S Lance A Sword A Axe
Dorcas  14.66     40   16   12   10   9     5   1   A Axe
Lucius  13.02     25   16   10   15   4     2  13   C Light
Canas   14.54     26   14   11   10   8     6  12   A Dark
Fiora   15.58     32   14   15   18   8     9   9   A Lance
Rath    11.45     29   10   11   13   6     9   2   B Bow

Will Hector cap skill?

Edited by General_Horace

Question: Is it actually possible to 7 turn Chapter 11 without having Matthew attack any walls? I've tried about 1,000 different methods, but all of them involve ridiculous RNG abuse.

Yes. I did it in this very draft.

I'm pretty sure we all did. If you have Matt, an easy 6 turn is possible, but you get lackluster exp.

Anyway, update

Chapter 26 11/95 Turns

Fuck, I got Jerme's Map. Oh well, I have to wait for Harken anyhow.

Marcus was my best combat unit not named Pent even when he was carrying around Eliwood.

Lucius promoted, and Staffspammed. Almost hit B in staves.

UNIT       LEVEL   HP  STR  SKL  SPD  LCK  DEF  RES  WEP
Hector     20.00   36   17   20*  12   5    12   5   A Axe
Marcus     15.48   38   22   22   19  12    12  14   S Lance A Sword A Axe
Dorcas     16.15   40   18   14   10  11     5   1   A Axe
Lucius  14/02.36   28   19   12   15   4     5  16   B Light C Staff
Canas      16.23   28   15   12   10   8     7  13   A Dark
Fiora      16.86   33   14   16   19   8     9   9   A Lance
Rath       13.50   31   12   12   13   6     9   3   B Bow
Louise      4.55   Base
Pent        7.29   34   18   21   17  15    11  16 

Pent is more durable than Hector with his Louise Support. Also, base Eliwood has the same AVO as Hector when he has a steel axe equipped.

Oh, and Hector capped Skill. Thanks bud.

Edited by General_Horace

Did it involve a lot of RNG killing?

EDIT: Fuggit:

Chapter 11 (7/7)

Western route taken, Wire killed on enemy phase. That only took about forever. Red Gem stolen on turn 7. Hector got a shit level up but MEH he hates me anyway.

Chapter 12 (5/12)

Stupid RETREATING BANDITS I had a perfect 5 turn set up the first time WITH SHOPPING, and then a bandit that was supposed to suicide on Lowen decided to retreat to a fort. Wonderful. Anyway, Hector gets an ill level up to start the map, and then stood on a mountain and handaxed fuckers like it was his job. Marcus did his usual antics of killing off all but 3 enemies in the south before heading north. Basically, nobody could miss an attack or else it would lead to at least 1 more turn added on, sometimes even two, and that's just unacceptable (even though I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose regardless -____-) Lowen actually managed to do some quality shopping, AKA selling the Rapier and buying an Iron Lance and Iron Axe. GOOOOD SHIT.

Chapter 13 (7/19)

This one wasn't too bad. Went west across the snag, fucking shit up and shit. Oswin tanked like 1,000 people, he's such a champion, as always. Excited to get 2 new units next chapter. Lowen got minimal experience, Hector gained a kind of crappy level, and Marcus gained a level of only HP. Woo for crappy growths already. I'll update stats after I finish chapter 14.

Edited by Chococoke

But Marcus kills the whole Map...

Yes, but it's hard for him to kill everything at once, especially when there are pirates who need to die, as well as bandits to the northwest and a few fun cavaliers next to Erik.

But I think I've figured out a strategy that will work. We shall see.

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU----

My Cart just spazzed and deleted my data. Restarting soon as possible... (all my hard work...)

EDIT: Just learned that a kid came in and started over my save. So it has the work, but the file is gone. So Restarting today.

Edited by 13thshadow

Chapter 14 (9/28)

This would've been much easier if Marcus had procced speed. He'd actually double everything he was borderline on. Basically, Serra and Lowen went by Erk while Marcus shot down the middle with Javelins. Oswin managed to lure the 2 bastard pirates away from Prissy's village and toward Marcus, who was busy raping everyone. Accidentally lured Erik with Lowen, but he dodged a crippling Horseslayer shot and chipped back. Erk hit him once and Marcus javeline'd da hell out of him. Marcus barely managed to get into range to kill the 2 cavaliers on turn 9 EP with the horseslayer. If that dumb motherfucker procs speed I will dance a jig, because until he does I'm going to be miserable. Also, Lowen is training his sword rank so that he can use the killing edge and stop sucking offensively.

NAME    LEVEL     HP  POW  SKL  SPD  LCK  DEF  RES  WEP
Hector  06.43     24    9    7    7   6    11   1   B Axe
Marcus  03.41     32   15   16   11   8    10   9   A Lance A Sword B Axe
Lowen   05.71     26    8    5    8   4     8   1   D Sword D Lance
Erk     02.64     17    6    6    7   4     3   5   D Anima
Prissy  base

Sorry, Horry, I stole your format. Because it's beautiful.

Good News: The kid is punched and grounded from his DS. :P

Bad News: HHM is going to drive me into insanity.

Question: Keep the turncounts as they are? If that's what you mean, do I have permission to try and get something better than 25 turns on 14?

Chapter 15 (7/35)

Wow. This took a while. I managed to create an optimal strategy after about 5 dry runs, one which included a sick level up for both Erk and Lowen. About 30 tries later, I finally managed to clear the map. Here's what happened for each unit:

Hector: Moved South, toward Sealen, hand axed a few archers and actually managed to overcome WTD to kill a few mercs. This was the cause of much of my frustration, as he had to hit with about 50-55 displayed on 2 mercs.

Marcus: ORKO'd a soldier turn 1, then went south and drew out Sealen, killing him in 2 turns.

Lowen: Ran Northwest with his sword out and killed some fighters. Sword rank going up!

Erk: Killed a knight and a myrmidon, and also got an awesome level up, as mentioned previously.

Prissy: Healed as needed

Oswin: The usual

Matthew: Got both chests

Oh yeah, Marcus also got a level up. It fucking BLEW. Health and Skill. He's still at base speed, and it's causing me MANY problems.