Mapping Voting

Chocolate Kitty

32 members have voted

1. 1. Map, which do you prefer?

• [img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q30/Feaw_2007/2-08.png[/img] - Feaw
    • [img]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u67/anouleth/villagescrn-1.png[/img] - Anouleth
    • [img]http://i55.tinypic.com/r7vj1g.png[/img] - Krad

Yay, hypocrites~

Shadow... Your map is just tilespamtilespamtilespam, and there's no creativity in it at all. It's just blocks of space; extremely uniform. Maps shouldn't be so manmade (And by that I mean, since most man made things are uniform and symmetrical, most things in nature would not be). Even in a town, the town still had to be built around nature, most of the time, so it would be a LOT more random than you have it.

Krads gets my vote for that sweet sweet arena placement. Also it looks like something i wouldnt mind playing on. Nice job. I know very little about map spriting so i usually just look for the ones i would have the most fun with.

Also Shadow, what is that, i dont even...

Edited by Florina

@13: JUST. GET. OUT.

20kwznr.jpg

@red:

there are large empty spots, which deter the aesthetic appeal.

@green:

That ocean is really funky looking, and the ships are strange

Edited by Camtech075

Yep. It sucks. But it doesn't change the worth of his criticism. Mostly, it just makes it easier for others to forgo the criticism and move on to ad hominem--which, as seen, happened :/

Though on a different note, seeing Krad's map again, I suddenly see the first map of TearRing Saga... and can't unsee it XD

Yep. It sucks. But it doesn't change the worth of his criticism. Mostly, it just makes it easier for others to forgo the criticism and move on to ad hominem--which, as seen, happened :/

That's true. While there's nothing wrong with constructive criticism, it takes a lot of nerve to then go and make a map and declare it superior (at least, that's the impression I was getting from him) while displaying those exact criticisms, except worse.

That's true. While there's nothing wrong with constructive criticism, it takes a lot of nerve to then go and make a map and declare it superior (at least, that's the impression I was getting from him) while displaying those exact criticisms, except worse.

But he didn't say it was superior. He said it is what he would have done. To say it was superior (and that it has "nerve") is something you would have had to added yourself, intentionally or not. And it's not good to give made-up qualities to things undeserved, especially when most people are gullible and believe whatever occurs without any critical thought.

Which, it's pretty easy to have a vision and find you don't have the ability to reach it. But that doesn't mean your vision is any less grand. It only means you don't have the ability to reach it. These are two entirely distinct qualities.

Edited by Celice

But he didn't say it was superior. He said it is what he would have done. To say it was superior (and that it has "nerve") is something you would have had to added yourself, intentionally or not. And it's not good to give made-up qualities to things undeserved, especially when most people are gullible and believe whatever occurs without any critical thought.

That was my interpretation of his comments. I'll admit that my choice of words was too harsh, though.

Which, it's pretty easy to have a vision and find you don't have the ability to reach it. But that doesn't mean your vision is any less grand. It only means you don't have the ability to reach it. These are two entirely distinct qualities.

I know what you mean, that's a very discouraging feeling. Anyway, I'm stopping now on HoT's request.