Best/Worst in the Series: Round 82

NinjaMonkey

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being the worst doesn't imply that we think it's awful, just not as good as the others on offer. Personally all of those mentioned on my worst list were ones that annoyed me a bit, I don't actively dislike any of them.

Oh, and I actively admitted to jumping on the bandwagon and wouldn't be surprised if a load of its votes were "yeah, now you mention it I don't really like that one, let's vote for it."

Being the worst doesn't imply that we think it's awful, just not as good as the others on offer. Personally all of those mentioned on my worst list were ones that annoyed me a bit, I don't actively dislike any of them.

It's still better than the unmoving snoozefest that is "Change of Scenery." I actually agree with Red Fox when she says it's a perfect match for Lyn's chapters, and it's a bit catchy, and it gives off a nice "beginning of a journey" feeling to boot. Sure it's not the best map song, but the people that are voting it for worst are giving it far less credit than it deserves. Edited by LittleAl

My problem with Winds Across the Plains was that it got old rather quickly, and not helping was that Lyn mode in general was boring.

Edited by Metal King Slime

It's still better than the unmoving snoozefest that is "Change of Scenery" though. I actually agree with Red Fox when she says it's a perfect match for Lyn's chapters, and it's a bit catchy, and it gives off a nice "beginning of a journey" feeling to boot. Sure it's not the best map song, but the people that are voting it for worst are giving it far less credit than it deserves.

Exactly. I also look at context. Change of Scenery is in some serious maps, most notably Chapter 17. I haven't read the story for that game in a long time, but I can't imagine the events going on at that time are worthy of such a boring tune when it's the only 4 part chapter and precedes Ike's promotion. On the other hand, Winds Across the Plains is in the very beginning of the game, in the tutorial no less, where it fits rather perfectly. I'll admit, though, that part of the reason I like it may be nostalgia seeing as it was the first map theme I ever heard in FE.

In any case, many people voting for it are probably just like Byte2222 said and are really only bandwagoning because they didn't know what else to vote for. Can't say my vote for Worst was much different...

You guys really do hate that song, don't you...

It's bland, used for almost one-third of the entire game, and in the most boring chapters. It gets extremely grating. At least Change of Scenery is done after Chapter 17.

Friendship and Adventure was also pretty bad, too. :/

It's still better than the unmoving snoozefest that is "Change of Scenery." I actually agree with Red Fox when she says it's a perfect match for Lyn's chapters, and it's a bit catchy, and it gives off a nice "beginning of a journey" feeling to boot. Sure it's not the best map song, but the people that are voting it for worst are giving it far less credit than it deserves.

Well, as 'early chapter' themes go, FE8's Distant Roads isn't much better.

Well, as 'early chapter' themes go, FE8's Distant Roads isn't much better.

Ditto to FE7's "Companions". Or maybe that's just because Pussywood Plailywood Eliwood irritates me.

Ditto to FE7's "Companions". Or maybe that's just because Pussywood Plailywood Eliwood irritates me.

I thought Companions was pretty good... It's not the song's fault Eliwood's subpar.

Whoa, almost missed this one!

Best: Truth, Despair, and Hope (Sacred Stones Ch. 16-20). Honorable Mentions to Eternal Bond (RD), Inescapable Fate (Blazing Sword), and Footsteps of Fate (Shadow Dragon)

Worst: The Time to Act (Shadow Dragon Ch. 1-12).

Exactly. I also look at context. Change of Scenery is in some serious maps, most notably Chapter 17. I haven't read the story for that game in a long time, but I can't imagine the events going on at that time are worthy of such a boring tune when it's the only 4 part chapter and precedes Ike's promotion. On the other hand, Winds Across the Plains is in the very beginning of the game, in the tutorial no less, where it fits rather perfectly. I'll admit, though, that part of the reason I like it may be nostalgia seeing as it was the first map theme I ever heard in FE.

In any case, many people voting for it are probably just like Byte2222 said and are really only bandwagoning because they didn't know what else to vote for. Can't say my vote for Worst was much different...

On that note, I personally think some of the later Lyn mode maps were pretty serious. I'd have problems seeing Winds across the Plains fitting on, say, the map where you're about to confront Lundgren.

On that note, I personally think some of the later Lyn mode maps were pretty serious. I'd have problems seeing Winds across the Plains fitting on, say, the map where you're about to confront Lundgren.

So do I. Personally, I would have liked it if they had used Companions for that battle.