FE 6.5

Dr.Sholes

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome idea I thought of!!

[spoiler=Only read this if you wanna ruin a crazy plot twist for yourse:P]So Ephidel(who I think doesn't get the respect he deserves) survives and he's in disguise as a black fange member. He covers his eyes so no one can tell he's a morph ad his face is all scarred(from the dragons) so they can't recoginize him. He's gonna be trying to control the black fang and will be a major boss he's also no longer a sage, he's gonna be the upgraded version of a sage(maybe FERD version of an archsage).

Any thoughts on this idea?(If you read it)

Edited by Dr.Sholes

Definatley a good idea in my opinion, though it could be expanded. Like for instance why is Ephidel doing this, will he have alredy controlled the Black Fang, and maybe some other stuff.

Desmond will have kidnapped Brendan and Sonia's(a weird concept...I know, he's half morph) son and that's why the black fang is fighting Zephiel. They could just attack bern and kidnap him back but they won't because of Ephidel who is now going as Loki(maybe) becuse he's one of the four fangs and as a morph was made to manipulate people(I.E. Helman and Darin)

Updates!!!

I've decided most of the upgraded please tell me if you don't like some of these:

Prince->King(Zephiel only)

Knight->General->Great Knight

Mage->Sage->Archsage(necromancer battle sprite)

Social Knight->Paladin->Great Knight

Shaman->Druid->Dark Druid

Cleric->Bishop->Undecided

Priest->Bishop->Undecided

(Clerics and Priests will be able to use light magic)

Thief->Thief Knight(rogue battle sprite)->Assassin

(Assassins will be more powerful than they are in other games)

Myrmidon->Swordsmaster->Undecided

Merc.->Hero->Vanguard(Hector's Great Lord battle sprite)

Peg. Knight->Falcon Knight->Undecided

Wyvern Knight->Wyvern Lord-> Undecided

Fighter->Warrior->Berzerker?

Archer->Sniper->Marksman(needs custom battle sprite)

Anything I missed?

Try Master Thief instead of thief knight,

Swordmaster into Sword Sage, a Slightly modified Lyn Blade Lord?

Bishop -> Cardinal? Would probably need custom sprite

Prince -> Royal Heir -> King, doesn't seem fair all the others get three classes

Pegs and Wyvs get Light and Dark Sky Lords?

Just a few thoughts from a fan.

Try Master Thief instead of thief knight,

Swordmaster into Sword Sage, a Slightly modified Lyn Blade Lord?

Bishop -> Cardinal? Would probably need custom sprite

Prince -> Royal Heir -> King, doesn't seem fair all the others get three classes

Pegs and Wyvs get Light and Dark Sky Lords?

Just a few thoughts from a fan.

Master Thief sounds cool

For bishop someone on SoSF said Light bishop so it's either that or cardinal

Zephiel's upgrade is automatic after he kills Desmond so it wouldn't work well if he upgraded twicesad.gif

I like the dark/light sky lord idea thoughsmile.gif

it just seemed unlikely to me that there was a thief knight, though i've seen it done before. i didn't take into account that as the lord, Zephiel would be limited to story promotion. The sky lord thing is just how i refer to my best wyv and peg knights to myself.

Thanx, i try. i had wondered where the knight thing came from, now i know. the dark and light thing works because pegs are always white, and wyv color depends on the character. and a well trained Cormag, or Florina, is a sky lord.

If you didn't read the spoiler you'll have no idea who this is:

Loki.PNG

[spoiler=If you still can't figure it out]Ephidel.PNG

<br><br>EDIT:<br>What do you think of these? Should he have more scars, because they came from dragons when he got sucked into the dragon's gate so they really shouldn't be subtle but I'm not ure if this is a good amount.<br>

Edited by Dr.Sholes

IMO, he should have enough scars that even without the blindfold, he should be hard to recognize, otherwise legault would recognize him. unless of course legault does recognize him and is knowingly working with him. whether due to not caring, or eph blackmailing him. again just an opinion from a fan.

Legault doesn't recognize him and he's wearing the blindfold so they can't see his eyes, because they're yellow and that would prove he's a morph. He's also pretending he's blind and he has another fang(probably Jan) lead him around. This is again so people don't recognize him and think he's not a threat. But that's a good idea thanks for your opinion.

The hair could be change around a bit more, then I think he'd be less recognizable.

For Wyverns, it could be Wyvern Rider -> Wyvern Knight -> Wyvern Lord with increased stats?

Edited by Reinfleche

I'd like to add to the double promotions discussion. One thing I am pretty sure of is the stat caps of classes can only be extended to 30 excluding HP. What I think you should do is have 1st tier have 10 in their stats, then 2nd tier gets more creative and is around 20, and 3rd tier has their stats around 30.

Oh, another thought.

Archer-> Sniper-> Marksman?

maybe should be

Archer-> Marksman -> Sniper?

Sniper carries the connotation of being the elite, and every guy who's good with a gun, or situationally a bow, is a marksman.

maybe the difference could be a crit bonus for highest level? only other real choice would be adding a melee weapon.

But that would require another new sprite.

Again, just a thought.

I'd like to add to the double promotions discussion. One thing I am pretty sure of is the stat caps of classes can only be extended to 30 excluding HP. What I think you should do is have 1st tier have 10 in their stats, then 2nd tier gets more creative and is around 20, and 3rd tier has their stats around 30.

You can make the stat cap go higher with nightmare using the class editor module but over around 50 looks weird.

Oh, another thought.

Archer-> Sniper-> Marksman?

maybe should be

Archer-> Marksman -> Sniper?

Sniper carries the connotation of being the elite, and every guy who's good with a gun, or situationally a bow, is a marksman.

maybe the difference could be a crit bonus for highest level? only other real choice would be adding a melee weapon.

But that would require another new sprite.

Again, just a thought.

I was thinking of using marksman after sniper(like in FEPoR) also I kinda want to make it so bows can attack at short and long range like magic.

You can make the stat cap go higher with nightmare using the class editor module but over around 50 looks weird.

Not exactly what I meant. You see, based on what I heard, if you level up with stats above 30, the game will glitch and freeze. The only way for it to work is if an unit has above 30 when it is spawned.

I was thinking of using marksman after sniper(like in FEPoR) also I kinda want to make it so bows can attack at short and long range like magic.

Ah, sorry haven't played any but GBAFE due to system and financial limitations.

But i like the idea of bow range adjustment being a class ability.

better than the modified short bows in some games, though those have their uses to.

Edited by Duke Zarrikos

The hair could be change around a bit more, then I think he'd be less recognizable.

For Wyverns, it could be Wyvern Rider -> Wyvern Knight -> Wyvern Lord with increased stats?

How should I change the hair?

Ah, sorry haven't played any but GBAFE due to system and financial limitations.

But i like the idea of bow range adjustment being a class ability.

better than the modified short bows in some games, though those have their uses to.

You should get dolphin it's an emulator for the gamecube and wii and probably the best one(at least the best I know of)

Yeah, i tried. my comps a pawn shop POS running ubuntu. I like ubuntu, but its still a POS computer. that's part of the system limitations. VBA and Wesnoth are the most advanced programs i use.

As far as changing the hair for eph, a topic i wasn't involved in, maybe make it shorter. he faking blindness, so his hair shouldn't look well kept or stylish, even if you could argue it away as some doing it for him.