FE 6.5

Dr.Sholes

The problem is that when I load my events it either gives me an error or, this happens 99% of the tines(I'm not sure why the other 1% is different), just doesn't actually insert them and gives me the random events shown in the video. Any thoughts?

Hmm, I've never heard of a problem like that. You should post in the Event Assembler Question Thread about this.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I should post a screen of the now functional Chapter 1 and a few of the new graphics. :B):

[spoiler=Screens]Chapter1.PNG

Like the map?

Zephiel.PNGIntro1.PNGIntro2.PNGSwordsman.PNG

It's all in FE8 colors and and...

[spoiler=This isn't going to be a spoiler for long]a new, non-Seacean myrmidon animation

The current myrmidon animation ISN'T specifically Sacaen. It held for Magvel, and Rutger (was he even Sacaen?) predated Guy's animations, which I would say are the more specifically Sacaen ones.

Edited by Furetchen

Brunya looks "better", Murdock's colors are extremely frightening and not in a good way, and why in all that is holy does Legault have pink hair

why

Wow, that was a fast reply...

I made the Brunya and it was a pretty simple splice/PC :/

Murdock's colors where ripped from someone in FE8. I don't remember who though, I might end up changing them. Finally, the magical hair. That's for a few reasons; one being to show that his hair had lightened with age after that when I changed them all the FE8 colors it came out pink. I didn't change it because I think it looks good on him. :):

EDIT:

The current myrmidon animation ISN'T specifically Sacaen. It held for Magvel, and Rutger (was he even Sacaen?) predated Guy's animations, which I would say are the more specifically Sacaen ones.

It has the long hair and IMO looks Seacean. Also Rutger was supposed to be half Seacean, he also had long hair. But then in FE8 the myrmidons were all from Jehenna so it seems like it was supposed to show a specific race. Then there's Llloyd, he clearly wasn't Seacean and his Swordsmaster animation shows that. So I'm going to make a short-haired, Lloyd-like, myrmidon to show that it specifically isn't Seacean.

Edited by Dr.Sholes

It has the long hair and IMO looks Seacean.

Yes. Because all long-haired people are Sacaen, like Pent.

Also Rutger was supposed to be half Seacean, he also had long hair.

Your point being...

But then in FE8 the myrmidons were all from Jehenna so it seems like it was supposed to show a specific race.

I am not understanding how you have reached this conclusion.

Then there's Llloyd, he clearly wasn't Seacean and his Swordsmaster animation shows that.

Lloyd's animation shows that he is Lloyd. It's like saying Linus' coat shows that he's from wherever the fuck as opposed to every other bloody hero out there.

So I'm going to make a short-haired, Lloyd-like, myrmidon to show that it specifically isn't Seacean.

Utterly pointless but w/e

I mean sure if you want to make a new animation, more power to you, but it's just a weird reason to do so for. Just don't let what quality this hack has (I'm going to, with difficulty, withhold judgement on the quantity of the quality this hack has) be diminished by a shoddy animation, if you cannot make a smooth, flowing, fitting animation.

(I can't really gauge your skill from Zephiel because I haven't seen SoS Roy in ages. Isn't the jacket myrmidon free to use provided credit is given, anyway?)

Edited by Furetchen

So is the implication is that every Swordmaster and Myrmidon in the whole of FE6/7/8 are from Jehanna or Sacae?

Well, considering the Myrmidon's Class Roll description in Blazing Sword, for example...

Swordsmen from the eastern lands.

Specialized in swift killing strokes.

Could be, yeah.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

There can be plenty of reasons. It's not unheard of for people to travel outside their homelands for whatever reason they may have. They travel, become mercenaries, join a country's army, resort to thievery becoming bandits, etc.

It's the same deal with the Nomads, who are truly specifically mentioned to be unique of Sacae. And yet you can find them elsewhere on the continent. They just pack and travel looking for a living elsewhere.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

All I'm saying is that myrms look a damn lot like Zihark... who is some vigilante from Daein.

You're really seeing an awful lot in a certain style of tunic.

Edit: And no, it isn't like the nomads. The myrmidons aren't mentioned as being specifically Sacaen. More to the point, there are no Magvellite Nomads. There ARE Myrmidons from there, and from Tellius, and Archanea and arguably Jugdral as well.

Edited by Furetchen

Edit: And no, it isn't like the nomads. The myrmidons aren't mentioned as being specifically Sacaen. More to the point, there are no Magvellite Nomads. There ARE Myrmidons from there, and from Tellius, and Archanea and arguably Jugdral as well.

True, but their description still states Eastern Lands. At least for Elibe. Granted, that's essentially any point frm Ilia to Bern as long as it is in Elibe's east, but it still states a specific area.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

It's implied that Myrmidons in general are Sacaeans, just like Nomads. Myrmidons have more of a tendency to wander than the archers of the plains, honing their skills, and thus are easier to find as Mercenaries across the land. Hell, Guy's excuse for leaving, IIRC, was because he was a poor archer and wanted to hone his skills to prove himself.

Brunya looks "better", Murdock's colors are extremely frightening and not in a good way, and why in all that is holy does Legault have pink hair

why

It looks nothing like her, but at least it's not mine =/

Not to mention she shouldn't look that young, if she's arguably less than 5 years younger than Zephiel.

Murdock's armor colors lack contrast between the shades, and Legault's hair should be light purple, not pink. Looks like you upped the saturation too much. Generic bandit guy also needs more contrast in his bandana.

Map looks tilespammed but I don't do maps so I'll leave that to someone who knows them better than I.

It does have a bit of tile spam, but its more the maps are empty.

True. A few forests or forts would make it work better. Even adding a road, or differently colored grass would make it less tilespammed, and more interesting.

Also, Sholes, you've got a Brigand on the water. I don't remember if they can walk on water or not Jesus? but if they can't, only Brunya can take him down. Might want to fix that, especially if it's a Rout map.

There can be plenty of reasons. It's not unheard of for people to travel outside their homelands for whatever reason they may have. They travel, become mercenaries, join a country's army, resort to thievery becoming bandits, etc.

Right, which is why in FE6 you see Wyverns all over the place working as random mercenaries or joining bandit groups.

And before you mention FE7 HHM, it's retarded. Why would Pegasi who are much in demand as mercenaries go and join some scrub bandits or a guild of assassins? Why do bandits who live in a desert have mounted and armoured units with atrocious mobility? Hell, why are monks fighting alongside them?

As for Magvel, I find it hard to swallow that any significant number of Jehannans would join Grado in waging a war against their own country.

I mean, if you're going to say that, then you might as well say that all Paladins and Cavaliers in FE8 are from Renais. Or that all Valkyries are from Etruria. Or that all thieves except Legault are from Lycia, therefore Legault should have a different sprite.

Right, which is why in FE6 you see Wyverns all over the place working as random mercenaries or joining bandit groups.

And before you mention FE7 HHM, it's retarded. Why would Pegasi who are much in demand as mercenaries go and join some scrub bandits or a guild of assassins? Why do bandits who live in a desert have mounted and armoured units with atrocious mobility? Hell, why are monks fighting alongside them?

As for Magvel, I find it hard to swallow that any significant number of Jehannans would join Grado in waging a war against their own country.

I mean, if you're going to say that, then you might as well say that all Paladins and Cavaliers in FE8 are from Renais. Or that all Valkyries are from Etruria. Or that all thieves except Legault are from Lycia, therefore Legault should have a different sprite.

Well, the party also has it's fair share of traitors, mercenaries, etc. Just because it may sound absurd doesn't rule it out.

For Magvel, there is no need. Unlike Elibe, this is their class description...

Swordsmen who possess superior speed and technique. They specialize in killing strokes.

Unlike Elibe's, these don't reference a place. Therefore, Myrmidons are not tied to a country. Just like any other class whose description don't mention coming from X or Y place.

So you're right, it'd be absurd to claim a class is tied to a place if there is no evidence to it. Hence why I never mentioned it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Fe8 aside, it's still implied that all the myrmidons in Elibe are from Saecae. Rutger was half Saecaen, lived in Saecae all his life, and had long hair. Therefore he would dress Saecaen and his battle sprite would have long hair. Lloyd didn't have long hair and was from Bern so his battle sprite showed that. It's not going to be major changes it's just making the hair short and slightly changing the clothes. It's really meant to up game quality by having two distinctly different myrmidon animations and having a Lloyd-like character have long hair then upgrade into something with short hair that's completely different wouldn't make sense.

EDIT: Prove that the bandit isn't Jesus! tongue.gif That's my bad, I'm going to fix that now... Doop doop!

Edited by Dr.Sholes

It's really meant to up game quality by having two distinctly different myrmidon animations and having a Lloyd-like character have long hair then upgrade into something with short hair that's completely different wouldn't make sense.

It's going to do the exact opposite if your animation sucks.

No offense, but judging by your other... works, you'd be better off with the long-haired one, or at least TBA's Jacket Myrm.