#LookingForANewTitle

Caliban of Sycorax

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I dug through my Photobucket archive again, and found these:

Mybestmugs.png

Hardly "best" at any rate. I plan on doing some fixings to these. Any ones I should fix first (and any fixing tips as well)?

Camus-1.png

Mostly this one is just pillowing but are there any other fixes I should do?

Axel-4.pngDarius-2.png

These as well. I don't care for the frames/sprite/chibi.

The shading that should transfer the hair to the skin is a little weird and in some places non-existent. Just fix that and you'll be good.

Know what? That splice looks pretty sweet, now that I really look at it. Did you splice the face together yourself?

Sarcasm? huh.gif

Sarcasm? huh.gif

Was gonna ask the same thing, actually. Most of the hair shading near the end of the tendrils is chunky, as is the shading on the cloak and the armor near where they touch. Also, Percy's cloak, uuuuuugh. It's so gross. You'd have to either fix the shading manually on it which I think is out of your realm of ability or use someone else's cloak, because the shading on Percy's cloak is just gross.

Am I missing something really obvious here? I actually like the splice, and I don't know who's face that is, if it isn't spliced.

Dude, it's Idoun's face with some eye edits.

And, like I mentioned in my above post, there's a lot of problems with the mug still.

Am I missing something really obvious here? I actually like the splice, and I don't know who's face that is, if it isn't spliced.

I guess it was just the way you worded it. And yeah, it's spliced with some edits, looks like Idoun, Percival, and Erika.

I guess it was just the way you worded it. And yeah, it's spliced with some edits, looks like Idoun, Percival, and Erika.

Idoun, Percival, Eirika, Eleanora, and maybe some others. This splice is a few years old but only recently fixed up. I might give her a new body again anyway, the character isn't supposed to be heavily armored in the first place.

The face is just Idoun's, as is most of the hair.

Dude, it's Idoun's face with some eye edits.

This. The eyes were expanded by...2 pixels? I really liked Idoun's face and everything worked well.

This was originally supposed to be the character after she gained a certain power (to oppose another character who gained the opposite of her power), but then I decided on this being her regular face.

EDIT.

I figured out the problem. My frames were off.

Brunya.png

It was a matter of re-doing them properly. This SHOULD work. If you need to move Brunya's facesprite around to fit properly you may do so, and if you need to add/cut pixels to the bottom you may also do so.

Urgh, Brunya's mug, urgh. So bad.

There :V

The hair is chunky and not smooth in any way, the neck is too small and improperly shaded (Making it look like it's collapsing on itself), the eyes seem too far apart, the hand has a shading problem on its right side (OPV), and the nose is flat.

The blinking frames are flat, have no depth, and are chunky with a need for shading.

The clothing is the best part because you've barely touched it, but there's still a small shading problem on the left side of it (OPV).

And the worst part about the mug? It look nothing like Brunya, in any way, shape, or form. I would never be able to tell that this girl would grow up to be Brunya, no matter how much you tried to convince me.

Are you happy that I have posted this in your spriting gallery, now? Honestly, I stopped giving you advice, because no matter what I pointed out, or suggested to fix, you never seemed to improve, so I felt like I was wasting my time.

Let's see if you can actually make this mug better, this time.

Edited by seph1212

Not to be a jerk, but I think you should scrap it and try again. From what I can tell, a lot of custom work is gonna be needed for that (Or at least to make it work) , and you don't seem ready for custom work. Re-splice it, dood.

With the Brunya mug the biggest problems I see is that the hair, comes from that spot in the back. In her actual mug it comes from a line and splits. And the left arm only have a dot on the bottom to make it a separate arm.

Edited by KingKomodo

With the Brunya mug the biggest problems I see is that the hair, comes from that spot in the back. In her actual mug it comes from a line and splits. And the left arm only have a dot on the bottom to make it a separate arm.

In all honesty I hate the new body, so does everyone else. I don't know what I'm going to do next but I'm gonna fix it eventually.

For now, I have this masterpiece.

Jeanne-5.png

I redid the body fully. Lucius, Eleanora, and a bit of Epilogue!Hector make up Jeanne's new body. The headpiece contains elements from Geitz and Ismaire. And the pallette is completely rehauled. The mouth frames are clearly not done, but that's not hard, I just have to use Idoun's. To be honest, I can't believe that this:

JeanneRedux.png

became this. I know that there's fixes that can be done and I'd love for people to point them out but I honestly think this may be one of the greatest creations I've made.