#LookingForANewTitle

Caliban of Sycorax

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta stop banding and pillow shading on all of your sprites :S

I agree. And the shading under the hair is chunky. There are still jaggys (Left OPV) AA it out. If I am no mistaken, that purple collar/undershirt is pillowed as well, even though it can from an existing sprite. Hope this helps.

72176aa401c44391370d02040f11d15e.png

1) Hair, like all things, is affected by gravity...unless you're using copious amounts of hairspray/gel/mousse/cement/beargrease/etc.

2) Hair FLOWS.

Edited by · j e a l o k i t t y ·

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Untitled-1.png

Minimal custom shading on this one, mostly in the hair where I spliced it on. Lance's head, Erk's eyes, Karel's nose, Alan and Ephraim for hair, Carlyle and Oleg/Sealen for the body.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Oh hey 4th page how you doin'?

Figured I'd post some things.

Bowfighters.png

Made today--just decided to fix the Archer sprite and make it more Bowfighter-like. Not too drastic, but noticeable enough changes, I think. I included all of the GBAFE pallettes.

NewPersonalMug-3.png

I'm working on re-doing my personal mug, but I've reached a few standstills.

1) I don't know how to shade the jacket properly.

2) I don't know how to incorporate the tattoo sleeve I'm planning on creating.

I also want to change his hair, but I'd rather deal with the first two problems first.

Hyacinth.png

A quick splice, I believe I used Cecilia, Eleanora, Karla, Cath, and Ursula. It's meant to be Canas' wife and Nino's aunt, named Hyacinth. Nothing too special, really.

Untitled-3.png

And these... are a few mugs I made. I like Analia and Michael the best, and want to work on Joshua's the most.

Yay?

Your personal mugshot looks cute!

Archers look even more unique; and I like it, despite of me seeing something odd about it? Or maybe it's just me and my eyes playing jokes again...

Analia simply looks gorgeous in that look!

Edited by Frostbite

It's probably because I kept the original colors without changing anything, so the armor has colors from the white and bowstring as well as the clothes--sometimes it doesn't blend properly.

Joshua's collar is shaded oddly. Reference other characters collars to get the shading right. His hair looks rather unnatural too, I think it's because it's so straight. Hyacinth's hair is odd as well, her hair looks taped on. Analia's shoulder armour looks pillow-shaded. Nikola's hair looks unnatural near the bottom. I can't see too many issues with Rune. No need to change the shading for Michaeal's armor. You used Aias' armour for it and the shading on it looked fine to me. As for a compliment, I like the hair on your personal mug, although the face seems kinda squished.

Keep up the good work!laugh.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Oh hey swordfighters.

Swordfighters.png

I combined Mercenaries and Myrmridons in FE4 style. If these were in a game the Hero promoters would be more balanced and the Swordmasters would have more Skill/Speed, obviously.

I tried to make Eastern and Western variations, hence why the Generics have multiple styles.

Originally I was just going to do Myrms because I never understood why they were all left handed and so slouchy. Proper swordsmen would have a better stance.

Edited by Laurence Olivier