Super Thracia hack released

VincentASM

I do want that infinite uses badass Sleep Sword.

I'm on chapter 13 now though. I figure I can't kill Aless if I want him later, but I can steal his sword, hopefully.

What's the plan? Hoping that Rifis can steal his 5 Weight sword?

I didn't have any good Thieves at that point in time and I still don't so I didn't think about robbing it (that and I only just realised how light the Mistolteen is).

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the plan? Hoping that Rifis can steal his 5 Weight sword?

I didn't have any good Thieves at that point in time and I still don't so I didn't think about robbing it (that and I only just realised how light the Mistolteen is).

He shouldn't have any problem, but there's been things I couldn't steal or capture despite being able to in theory, like Halvan.

Kept the original weight. Sadly, it has uses, but at least I'll have a pair of Mistolteens.

Edited by Dio

Well, I may not have captured him, but I finished him, bad part being he stole some of my stuff and I had to partake in trade chains so he wouldn't steal my Silver Sword which was one of few things doing damage to him. Also, I really need to get over my fear of melee fighters. Thus far, my only promoted melee fighter is Marty of all people (who is almost as favoured as Asvel with Skl/Spd buffing rings and scrolls and the works) then the rest consist of a crapload of magic users, Leaf of course, Sheeda, Kleine, Shiva and Mareeta, Makua sort of being in there, but is falling behind. Tried using Lara like I do in normal Thracia (I'm a weird, weird soul and enjoy 20/10ish/20/20'ng her in normal Thracia for lulzy results), but it didn't go as well, so Patty is my main Thief.

Also concerning Aless: Aw crap, you mean he was recruitable in that chapter? I tried everything, but he was getting in the way, so he got a lovely Rapier to his face later on. I also enjoy the chapter right after that, as if it was scary in the normal Thracia, there is now a Bolting spammer who sometimes attacks four times in a row. -__-

EDIT: I greatly disliked that chapter, I decided to use half the amount of units you're supposed to bring so no one would get in the way, but then a bunch of angry women decided to randomly show up inside the city whilst the Thracians laid their assault, holy holepunch, I'm so happy that the Thracians end the chapter on their phase because Sheeda was pretty close to a farewell there. D; Also, did anyone get to the villages outside the city? I didn't have a Rescue staff apparently, so I didn't want to risk being attacked by that little girl.

Edited by Axefighter Maji

Well, I may not have captured him, but I finished him, bad part being he stole some of my stuff and I had to partake in trade chains so he wouldn't steal my Silver Sword which was one of few things doing damage to him. Also, I really need to get over my fear of melee fighters. Thus far, my only promoted melee fighter is Marty of all people (who is almost as favoured as Asvel with Skl/Spd buffing rings and scrolls and the works) then the rest consist of a crapload of magic users, Leaf of course, Sheeda, Kleine, Shiva and Mareeta, Makua sort of being in there, but is falling behind. Tried using Lara like I do in normal Thracia (I'm a weird, weird soul and enjoy 20/10ish/20/20'ng her in normal Thracia for lulzy results), but it didn't go as well, so Patty is my main Thief.

Also concerning Aless: Aw crap, you mean he was recruitable in that chapter? I tried everything, but he was getting in the way, so he got a lovely Rapier to his face later on. I also enjoy the chapter right after that, as if it was scary in the normal Thracia, there is now a Bolting spammer who sometimes attacks four times in a row. -__-

EDIT: I greatly disliked that chapter, I decided to use half the amount of units you're supposed to bring so no one would get in the way, but then a bunch of angry women decided to randomly show up inside the city whilst the Thracians laid their assault, holy holepunch, I'm so happy that the Thracians end the chapter on their phase because Sheeda was pretty close to a farewell there. D; Also, did anyone get to the villages outside the city? I didn't have a Rescue staff apparently, so I didn't want to risk being attacked by that little girl.

No, Aless is recruited in a much later chapter. I don't know if he still appears if you killed him here though.

Hated the Bolting boss in Chapter 14. That chapter wasn't actually as hard as I was dreading, but the boss was a right nuisance (IIRC he only has Charge, so you can still get lucky and only suffer 1-2 Bolting hits).

Yeah, I managed to visit all the villages. I *think* Leaf has to visit the one next to the Guinevere clone (forgot her name), which nets you a Berserk staff or something.

Did you move onto Chapter 14x? That chapter is a right nightmare, probably the worst chapter so far even with codes (up to Chapter 22 at least) >___<

14x is one of those annoying chapters too many reinforcements per turn. But at least my Salem got to level 33 dealing with that swarm.

Fuck 14x. Bring lots of 1-2 range and don't bring archers.

This said I tried with both Sothe and Eda to see if I could get anything from the Dean village. Oh well, Berserk has only one use and I'm sure I'll get more later.

I was ill prepared and didn't realise the reinforcements are almost infinite in number, so nearly everybody broken their weapons D:

The enemies there don't really give that much experience either, although I think part of the reason is because some classes are bugged with respect to experience calculations (eg. female Sages).

Anyone have any advice for chapter 7? You got a whole of enemies rushing to you at once, including those bandits at the west. Even worse, some of those bandits move towards Fin and Saphy.

Edited by BerserkerBarst

I was ill prepared and didn't realise the reinforcements are almost infinite in number, so nearly everybody broken their weapons D:

The enemies there don't really give that much experience either, although I think part of the reason is because some classes are bugged with respect to experience calculations (eg. female Sages).

Both my Rivis and Asvel got fatigued from that chapter since they were in the frontlines.

Anyway as for chapter 15, does Mareeta still get Starlight here or is it later?

Anyone got any tips for chapter 7? You got a whole of enemies rushing to you at once, including those bandits at the west. Even worse, some of those bandits move towards Fin and Saphy.

You have to kill the Dragon Knight boss to stop the reinforcements from spawning at least. Otherwise Karin is pretty vital for that chapter.

Asvel or Brighton can tank the north reinforcements (Bryton would need some serious lucky to dodge that fire girl and the Sety scroll to avoid crits).

If you plan to get Shiva, you will likely need to have Karin transport Saphy near him and tank the sword fighters with an unequipped/sword carrying Dalshin.

Not completely sure on the details, but it's probably not a good idea to visit the green castle in Chapter 7 until the boss is dead since...

Hannibal and co spawn as enemies.

Anyway as for chapter 15, does Mareeta still get Starlight here or is it later?

Oops, forgot about that. I stayed around that chapter for a while, but didn't see anybody like Shanam spawn. I have a feeling she won't get that skill. I'll have a look anyway.

EDIT

Haven't checked, but I heard you need to make her talk to Claus (the guy who looks like the final boss).

Edited by VincentASM

Oops, forgot about that. I stayed around that chapter for a while, but didn't see anybody like Shanam spawn. I have a feeling she won't get that skill. I'll have a look anyway.

Well I tried by doing nothing and no reinforcements came after a certain turn (5-6 I think). Then again there were 50 enemies on the map already, so maybe the game is merciful enough to not overflow with overpowered bandits.

Claus huh? I'll see that right away.

Edited by Dio

Sorry for the wall of text, I have so much to say! D;

Welp, is such is the case, I am screwed for Aless, but I have to break it out: I sadly gave up hope for a 100% perfect playthrough (decided on this when I killed "Gerik" in 12x), I'm more or less just playing to see what to do for each chapter. Maybe if I have my usual "YAY, THRACIA!" mood, I'll do a 100% playthrough. D:

Regarding 14- Last time I try to bring Eine into a survival chapter, just.. don't ask, I like using her and her 100% re-movement rate. Also Lucius also angered me, it was sort of a pick your poison: death by Long Arches, or death by the Thracians for him. I think I even assigned Sheeda to not attack but be a rescue bot in the end, but those damn Long Arches limited her to where she can hide.

14x (Yay, Linoan!)- I surprisingly didn't have any problem with it, the only beef I had was it was friggin long and fatiguing for both my units and their weapon uses. I found Sothe is fabulous on mountain tiles with a Silver Sword. Heck I was even feeling ballsy and ended up capturing some soldiers and stole their abundance of Silver Swords for Leaf to have fun with. Then I got to the northern part of the map and immediately started getting destroyed by "Aideen" (?). Biggest thing there is feeling like a prick afterwards for destroying a nation's population of children. XD

Plan of assault for 15 (Lol@suicidal Misha [does she get Evayle protection or was the RNG Gods being nice to me?] and screwed over from Roros Faval)- I'm thinking Sheeda to rescue if she can rescue Faval so he doesn't get cornered and wrecked by the Roros, then the rest will be fair game hopefully. However, from what Hell I've just gone through, I almost know there's more to this chapter than just a bunch of Roros waiting to jump out on me. Hi Claus!

7- I didn't do it as people might want to, but I just ran, like by run, I mean hit the gas, leave Asvel to troll with wind magic, some Vulneries and place him on any form of protection tile available and slowly make his way south and not look back. Of course, I know it wasn't the greatest of ideas as the Shiva recruitment for me was fairly luck based (ie: make Leaf hide in the trees and pray Shiva doesn't ORKO him whilst partaking in rescue chains to safely get Safy to him), but other than the Shiva recruitment, Asvel got through fine, and everyone got away safely. Oh, and just if you haven't found out, the minute anyone tries to escape, a haxx Hannibal shows up and attacks your army, so you might want to make an escape all in one phase.

Well I tried by doing nothing and no reinforcements came after a certain turn (5-6 I think). Then again there were 50 enemies on the map already, so maybe the game is merciful enough to not overflow with overpowered bandits.

Claus huh? I'll see that right away.

Apparently some players are having difficulty triggering the event, so maybe Claus isn't right.

Gerik is Boyce, a minor Epilogue boss of FE4 and that Aideen is named Sonia I think.

Honestly I don't feel so bad about slaughtering this many children. THEY HAD IT COMING!

I forget if you can rescue Faval but don't forget you need fucking Patty to recruit him.

Apparently some players are having difficulty triggering the event, so maybe Claus isn't right.

I remember that event being annoying to pull off sometimes in the original.

Edited by Dio

Hey guys.

Any tips on how to recruit Ishtar and get the Kia staff on Chapter 24?

Also,

Lucius doesn't recruit L'arachel... and I have no idea who does either. :/

Edited by Scaramanga

The Claus event didn't seem to work, but at least I got her some easy levels. Maybe it's when you recruit Galzus? Promote her?

I recruited Galzus with Mareeta and she didn't gain any additional skills.

Edited by Scaramanga

For chapter 11x, what do you do D: the children are attacking Olwen... are we suppose to leave the children like in the normal FE5? and should I rescue staff Fred?

Fred and Olwen should be left alone, but Fred needs to get his ass quickly to Olwen's cell and open the door. After that I don't suggest to use them much. There's a Dark Mage that can attack either if they go to close and thanks to Fred's Duel skill he can be killed in one round.

I'm only on 2x and some of the changes feel almost trollish. Brigands with Steal that don't get penalty for walking on water? Holy crap.

Still loving it, though.

Edited by Jave

I'm in the same position as Scaramanga now for L'arachel. None of the units I currently have on the field can talk to her, even the newly recruited ones. Trying to capture her and flee with her does nothing either.

Edited by Dio

Would anybody mind posting screenshots of their current team? Maybe some sample enemies as well? Want to see how inflated stats are.

Excuse my image heavy post: I think I'll show the people I actually favoured just to cut down on a Photobucket tower.

Also: The readme is wrong (I think), it says second tier promotion available at level 25, but I managed to promote my units at level 20.

Marty (Stats)

SuperThracia073.png

Marty (product of skill favouring)

SuperThracia085.png

I really like using Marty if you can't tell. I find Dalshin to be the the target of Hammer friendly foes later on, and Marty isn't. Although granted, I had to ring/scroll favour him for semi decent Skl/Spd stats and give him a shitload of skills, I think he'll end up being one of my main tanks later on anyway.

Dalshin

SuperThracia074.png

Why the hell not? I mean not every unit in Endgame will have Hammers and magic (hopefully)

Mareeta

SuperThracia076.png

I broke her sword the chapter I got her by the way. ._.;;

Salem

SuperThracia079.png

I'm liking how he is turning out, I want to actually use dark magic in this playthrough as I never used it before.

Linoan

SuperThracia080.png

Oh my, I do love her base magic, and I'm glad I went through the effort to steal a Rezire tome for her as she didn't start with one.

Asvel

SuperThracia082.png

My main damage dealer, I was trying to get him to use lightning magic as well, but in the end, he's my full out wind mage.

Roaming boss

SuperThracia041.png

Early on that is, usually, the bosses are more badass (see earlier posts), but most things that spew magic or fly can be dealt with Asvel

Also: The readme is wrong (I think), it says second tier promotion available at level 25, but I managed to promote my units at level 20.

I noticed that as well. I know 35 for 3rd Tier is right though (at least for Shiida and Miranda and IIRC Asvel).

Team pics from Ch 22:

Asvel

ST_Asvel.png

A godsend. As Axefighter Maji led onto, he decimates pretty much everything that moves. There's also a very healthy amount of wind tomes around. I think I still have 5 Grafcaliburs and Tornados to burn, and let's not mention those Blizzard tomes I pilfered.

Brighton

ST_Brighton.png

Reliable as always. Even better in this game since he still has axes on foot.

Felgus

ST_Felgus.png

My main offensive unit along with Brighton.

Fin

ST_Fin.png

Janne

ST_Janne.png

Bit of a surprise unit, was expecting worse for Ronan's replacement. Her build is kind of crappy though.

Leaf

ST_Leaf.png

Not such a liability in this game, although I'm hesitant to use him because of the trolling you get in this game. Didn't stop him being my highest level character though o__o

Miranda

ST_Miranda.png

Pretty beastly, with tons of HP to boot. I'm not sure if it's worth training her, but those Cymbelines that you can steal in abundance could be in worse hands.

Sara

ST_Sara.png

Mrow. I like the new face sprite as well, I always thought her original one looked odd.

Shiida

ST_Shiida.png

Flipping overpowered. Who's the Bolt Axe General now? : D

More screens can be found here (expect spoilers).

Edited by VincentASM