Elincia's noobish sprite work

RNG Princess

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting new map, main problems I'm seeing is the paths, they don't seem to... End properly? The mountains look a bit wonky, and the peaks in the lower half of the map could use some work. Looking very nice so far, that tileset needs more love!

Lesse, I'm not a fan of those certain wall tiles, I like the ones used in serafew better, but that's just a personal preference :P It looks good with the broken wall tiles.

You put the wrong tile it seems on the lower left red house, easily fixable.

I'd say add some more trees and grass? It may be a city/town, but it looks very... empty lol Thats the only thing that comes to mind.

Happy Mapping~

Edited by Hero of Time

Like it needs something, I just can't think what to add other than the grass or trees.

Maybe if you remove some of the small doors, and make them complete paths, you can take out some of the paths.

79cdbb927714d292c83c3a13cd510055.png

Iunno, just whipped this up, see how there's a distinct path yet you can see some trees and grass? Something like that could help with the empty space issue.

• 2 weeks later...

rlb3af.png

What do you think? ^_^ the ones from bottom row are way old btw do they match their class?

On the top row from left to right they're supposed to fit these classes: Paladdin, Myrmidon, Pirate, Knight, and Shaman on the bottom row its Heroine, General, and Bandit.

They all seem to match their classes more or less.

A few things though. they all seem to be using FE8's or a really dark outline, but FE7's skin colors. You should really just stick to one game's colors. Another thing is that there needs to be shading where hair touches clothing or skin. The first one has really googly eyes IMO, make them a bit smaller. Use someone like Kent as a reference.

I like the concepts though, especially the female hero and the general next to her. They just need a bit of polishing to really make them shine.

• 2 months later...

Its been like two months ^_^ but I have been wanting to mix them around, I edited most of them except the shaman and the general guy. Do they look better?

28sqzva.png

BEFORE:

rlb3af.png

I've been having trouble with the first man and the girl below him, I also changed the myrm girl to a peg/falco. BTW I changed it to FE8 colors, most of them should be.

Oh and I made this map :) I forgot to add the bridge on the upper part of the map ^^', I based it off several FE maps. What do you think?

2zogkrc.png

Edited by Queen_Elincia

The first one still has serious eye problems. They just don't look right on his face.

The peg. Knight has an interesting concept. The shape of her head isn't quite right. And theres something about her eyes that bothers me but I'm not sure if its their size or their distance from each other. and her skin seems to blend in too much or be too light or something.

The pirate is pretty good. I'd probably say hes technically your best. He could use more shading under his bandanna on his head, reference Dart. The lowest section of arm armor on his right side opv has shading that makes it look crumpled and not really fit with the rest of is armor. I really like the colors on him.

I love chubby female knights! :newyears: Anyways, her eyes are definitely improved. The shading under her head could be improved, right now you mostly just have the 2nd skin color and you could use some darker shades there a little more. You could add shading to her armor where the hair goes over it. A few nit-picky preference things would be her nose seems a little too pointy and one thing of hair goes over her shoulder pad while the other goes under her shoulder pad.

Shaman could use more shading where the hood goes over the top of his face. The right opv part of the hoof from about his eye to the collar is weirdly shaped/chaotically shaded.

Great design on the heroine. I think you could put a bit more shading where the hair goes over her face. Also big issues with her breast plate. I think that boomerang looking part on the top left of it should be colored the trim color. Also it seems a little too straight across flat. That may be just because of the part you used to splice though.

The General's shading seems really edgy. Like not very smooth. Also you could connect his sideburns and hair better because now theres a little skin patch between them that looks strange but thats really just personal preference.

Aaaand, I know nothing of maps.

Good luck and keepin workin as you continue spriting!

Also, sorry this was so long!

Edited by Strawman the SawmanShaman

Aaaand, I know nothing of maps.

That's where I come in hee hee.

Been a while huh?

Anyway, map looks pretty good, a few issues here and there, mainly the paths, they don't have an end, they kind of just... stop.

01e83b470d2747b4857492e44b67c6ed.png

Red: The mountains and peaks I was seeing, they don't match up properly(shadowing on some, some just look off).

Blue: Brownish paths that cut off.

Orange: Light grass paths that cut off.

Green: The river cuts off there.

In general, the trees in the middle secluded section could be less spammy. Curtosy of Feaw for this:

424421bc2c5bbaf83832a2a342420e0f.png

The thickets aren't addressed sadly, but the forest layout is shown nicely there, use that as a reference for making large forests that aren't as spammy.

Happy Mapping!

The female hero's hair is a bit jagged. And I like her old color better, but you should try Orson's brown if you want a smooth FE8 color. o3o

I do like her design though. She looks so much like Meiko. owo

I followed all the advice given ^_^ I also changed the female hero's colors to Orson's and she looks much better :^_^: Thank you for the suggestions ^^'

I'm going to name them from now on, thanks to Eclipse for the idea ^^'

The first one is based on Dart so his name is Bart

Maggie is the chubby female knight she's based on Meg and Wendy

Maximillian is the Pally he's based on Percival and Seth mainly because I like Percival and Seth ;w;

The draco knight is based on Haar, Vaida, Glen, and Jill (armor color)I'll name him Wylar

The dancer is based on Feena and Lalum, idk what to name her ^^'

The female hero I can't think of a name for her ;;' I was thinking Diane but it doesn't fit her.

The peggy is named Bonnie she's based on Tanith, Catria and all other blue haired pegs.

The myrmidon is based on Karla and Fir mainly but she's supposed to fit in general as a female myrm, I'll name her Zafira.

The Bandit is hard idk what to do with him lol for his name I was thinking Gomez ^^' since Gonzales was FE6 and Garcia was FE8

Idk what to name the general lol I can't think of names for him or the shaman ;;'

30aq55e.png

btw do they look more cleaned up?

I made her too but I can't decide which hair color fits her more:

28arsrr.png

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Hmmm. . .

Dancer - Sherisse?

Female Hero - Dunno why, but the name Myrna is popping in my head.

General - Nelson, maybe?

Shaman - Dulane? Man, what am I thinking?

I like red hair better.

Keep it up~!

New Map

10g008p.png

Do you like it? Sorry about the hearts I couldn't help it ^^'

ftotaq.png

and new splices :^_^: I like the first 2 not so much the last 2. Do they match their class? Thief, Bow Knight, Priest, and Thief respectively. What can I do to make them look better?

Of course you have hearts dearie lol

Biggest problem I'm seeing is tree and grass spam, little mountain issues here and there, and the lolheart paths xD

Personal preference wants to say that cliffs lined the way you have them should be lined like__ _ -- _ instead of __--___--____ Basically add some breaks in them.

I like the map anyway though, keep it up!

Of course you have hearts dearie lol

Biggest problem I'm seeing is tree and grass spam, little mountain issues here and there, and the lolheart paths xD

Personal preference wants to say that cliffs lined the way you have them should be lined like__ _ -- _ instead of __--___--____ Basically add some breaks in them.

I like the map anyway though, keep it up!

Ok i'll fix it :)

Btw @ bold what do you mean?