Why does everyone consider Guy and Matthew gay?

JaketheGr3at

Guy is one of my favorite Fire Emblem characters ever. I just like sword users I guess. But everywhere I look people say he is gay with Matthew. I have nothing against the gay population, I just see no reasoning behind this.

I apologize for using and ultimatum of everyone. I had heard a number of people refer to their relationship as that and was annoyed and saw no back to it. It is completely ludicrous to me. Ike and Soren also makes me kinda angry but that one kinda makes sense. Lucius and Raven is probably because Lucius looks like a girl and is devoted to Raven and follows him around like a puppy.

I never thought of Matt and guy like that.

Only characters I ever really think of as gay are Lucius and Heather

Soren maybe, but he is kinda socially challenged I'm sure he could act more straight if someone taught him.

Soren maybe, but he is kinda socially challenged I'm sure he could act more straight if someone taught him.

Good point and also funny. Yeah I always thought that Soren was gay (or simply liked Ike) and Ike felt bad so he let him have his crush.

Kinda reminds me of a similar question I have, although it doesn't seem to relate to either one or homosexuality.

If anything, by "everyone," you actually mean the yaoi fangirls (The type of fans that typically like to pair two boys together.) without knowing it. Like the others have said, there's not much people that actually think that Matt and Guy are gay. I have yet to see a such person myself. As for the other two pairs mentioned, I just never really saw either of Lucius, Raven, Soren, or Ike as homosexuals. (The last one mentioned, I thought of as asexual maybe no thanks to FE10, but never homosexual.)

Edited by LittleAl

I have nothing against the gay population,

Curiously specific denial.

Yeah, this isn't the kind of thing you'd see outside of slash fics and badly drawn DeviantART.

Are there any Fire Emblem characters that are actually canonically homosexual? There are a ton of hetero canon pairings/marriages, is there anything of the sort for same-sex couples? I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I ask because I haven't yet played all the games.

That's another thing.

Hector ships Matthew's Corpse X Leila's Corpse.

You Do Not Fuck With Hector.

Exactly! :3

Besides Karel obviously kills Guy, because Guy was cheating on him with another guy its not possible for Guy to have dated anyone.

Lucius and Raven is probably because Lucius looks like a girl and is devoted to Raven and follows him around like a puppy.

Lucius is the mature and calm one, Raven is the young and mildly wild one. Raven never thinks of Lucius as anything but a guy, but still wants to bang him.

Also, Lucius is totally the man in the relationship.

Are there any Fire Emblem characters that are actually canonically homosexual? There are a ton of hetero canon pairings/marriages, is there anything of the sort for same-sex couples? I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I ask because I haven't yet played all the games.

Heather in Radiant Dawn is pretty obviously lesbian, though the game never says it outright. No canon same-sex couples/marriages though, as far as I know.

Guy is one of my favorite Fire Emblem characters ever. I just like sword users I guess. But everywhere I look people say he is gay with Matthew. I have nothing against the gay population, I just see no reasoning behind this.

The reasoning is that it's hot. You really don't need any more than that.

Clearly sexual orientation can be taught and a proper society instructs one how to be straight :/

On another note, there's some evidence indicating Legualt is bisexual.

Matthew belongs to Leila!

guy x matthew is a big no it makes no sense

lol

Exactly! :3

Besides Karel obviously kills Guy, because Guy was cheating on him with another guy its not possible for Guy to have dated anyone.

He kills Guy actually cuz he's afraid that Guy might actually overpower him someday. Well...Guy did ask for it when he wanted to prove himself by battling Karel. -.-

Edited by Wilhelmina

• 2 weeks later...

Matthew was attracted to Leila, and it's possible for him to hook up with Serra. As I understand it, "gay" in this context means a man who is attracted to other men but not to women, and Matthew certainly isn't that.

Sure, Serra seems to drive Matthew up the wall, but then she seems to drive Hector up the wall too.

Edited by Paper Jam