Anyone know good websites for chemistry?

Zanarkin

So far in chemistry we've been learning about the 5 reaction types and any special cases they might have and i need to do a research on it for an introduction to a Formal lab report. I tried searching in google but most are simple explanations and don't give the special cases (like the special case of synthesis where water and a non-metal oxide react to form an acid).

I need reliable sources because i need to source it. Wikipedia is not allowed ;_;

I think you and Freohr have good chemistry.

I'd say so as well but she's too far away.

Edited by SlayerX

So far in chemistry we've been learning about the 5 reaction types and any special cases they might have and i need to do a research on it for an introduction to a Formal lab report. I tried searching in google but most are simple explanations and don't give the special cases (like the special case of synthesis where water and a non-metal oxide react to form an acid).

That's because those 5 reactions that your talking about (combustion rection, synthesis reaction, decomposition reaction, displacement reaction and double-displacement reaction, right?) are the most common or basic that exist. There are other reactions. I dont remember any special cases for any of those reactions except the one you mentioned. I am sorry i wasn't of any help :/

That's because those 5 reactions that your talking about (combustion rection, synthesis reaction, decomposition reaction, displacement reaction and double-displacement reaction, right?) are the most common or basic that exist. There are other reactions. I dont remember any special cases for any of those reactions except the one you mentioned. I am sorry i wasn't of any help :/

That actually makes it easier for me, now i won't have to waste time to look for more explained versions of them.

As for special cases, guess i'll take the ones from my notes, and i'll ask the teacher where i can get others.

That actually makes it easier for me, now i won't have to waste time to look for more explained versions of them.

As for special cases, guess i'll take the ones from my notes, and i'll ask the teacher where i can get others.

:o Okay!! I am glad i helped! :D

One last question, what type of reaction would sulfuric acid and calcium carbonate powder be?

NVM, found out, its a special case of double displacement where water and carbon dioxide forms.

Edited by SlayerX

We're studying the 5 reaction types in my class, too, but I just had to make a poster on it. XD

I made lab :P I had more fun :B):

Although it depends if you had to do a group poster. If it was a group poster, that always lead to good mememories.

Okay, if it's just an introduction, then I don't think you need to go deep into the subject. Just a general explanation should be good enough. You should focus more on the main content on the report, because that's what matters the most.

Okay, if it's just an introduction, then I don't think you need to go deep into the subject. Just a general explanation should be good enough. You should focus more on the main content on the report, because that's what matters the most.

Actually we need a good explanation about it. We need to mention what the reaction as well as a how to distinguish them and special cases and also include example..

Use a Chemistry Textbook. You'll get bonus puntos or something for using a non-internet source.

Did, but we need 3 sources :/

Most of the intro is done. Just do some grammar/spelling fixing and maybe change somethings in it after i get the notes from the class about them.

Actually we need a good explanation about it. We need to mention what the reaction as well as a how to distinguish them and special cases and also include example.. Did, but we need 3 sources :/ Most of the intro is done. Just do some grammar/spelling fixing and maybe change somethings in it after i get the notes from the class about them.

Don't go deep into subject. Just provide a general explanation about it

Invent them!! :D

Yaaaay!! Fighto! I can scan you a small chart i made for each reaction...if you wantNewYearsEmoticon.gif

EDIT: well not exactly a chart but a way to identify them

Edited by Althenian Memories~

I can show you guys what i did if you guys want. I didn't go very deep with ether of them. Just defined them, gave things to look for, and the special cases. And some exmaples. since it's require.

If you can post it without much trouble sure. It'd give me something more to compare mine to. As well as it could be give me some ideas.

Edited by SlayerX