Splices for my hack

iavasechui

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XD to be honest neither do I, I just saw it and liked it... probably need a better one XD Though I do want it to start with Is XD I'm weird and she's supposed to be Isabel's mother... might need to make her look a bit older though... -_-;

8a00b73ab4bd7830e9fa6d8752ec3daf.png

Ah, what makes the shoulder look weird is how it looks as if her back bends like a V. Her left (to our right) arm is facing the side while the rest of her body looks to be facing forward, or towards us.

Isemeine.png

Queen Isemeine (still needs a crown and probably a ton of fixes)

Even though you took the neck directly from Eleanora, it doesn't look right because a portion Eleanora's shoulder and her neck is covered by her hair giving it kind of a funky looking shape. I see that not only did you keep her neck, but also the rest of her body so you didn't change the proportions at all. Shifting it down might make it too short, or at least on the left side of her it will be too short. Maybe all you really need to do is reveal more of her shoulder and neck.

Edited by Freohr Datia

Free, I don't see what you mean. The neck is too long on both sides, and in total, not just because her shoulder is being covered. Eleanora's neck on the original sprite is too long itself, so whenever someone splices right onto that neck, it's going to look too long.

Really, I don't get your point here ' x'

Well I thought it looked long too but I was just in the mind that whoever the fe spriters were knew what they were doing XD

But if that's so then what I mean is incorrect.

It's 'k, even I had problems with Eleanora when I started splicing. It's a nooby mistake, they get corrected, it works itself out ~( ' x')~

Edited by seph1212

It's 'k, even I had problems with Eleanora when I started splicing. It's a nooby mistake, they get corrected, it works itself out ~( ' x')~

You gots wiiinnnngs =3 Weeeee

But while shortening I still kinda thing more of the shoulder should be shown at least since it was covered up in the mug.

Huh?

I'm saying Eleanora's neck is covered up, not Queen Isemeine's

Ooohhhh, okay.

I'm tempted to say it's not, seeing as it's 16 wide, which is the width of most FE7 females, if not wider Cough Serra cough. Her neck is just really long.

• 4 weeks later...

Still not sure how I'm going to fix the queen, but I made a new splice last night out of boredom XD

version1.png

Her name is Marion and I guess she's a Wyvern Rider XD

(XD god I hope nothing's wrong with this one, I already got perfect blinking and talking frames made for her XD)

Last I checked, my head wasn't sitting on the side of my neck, pointing at my right shoulder.

Having a believable turned body is different than having dissonance between head and body angles. This doesn't happen to fall into the former category. The angle simply doesn't work.

... Like... it almost kinda makes it look like it has some strange tilt compared to the neck. So I suppose if the neck is still Miredy's then the neck is facing where the body is and the head still isn't. It's mostly looking at its placement on the neck that looks wrong to me.

I'm not really sure though but the first problem (since I have no idea how you could make a neck look turned) I could see is that the angles just don't look right, even if it is a turned head it just doesn't look right.

Edited by Freohr Datia