Any help on my playthrough especially with Gaiden Stuff

I'm just wondering what are all the requirements to the gaiden chapters in this game? Also any tips on character that are good would be greatly appreciated. The only people I WANT to use are Lilina and I am using Dieck and both Aran and Lance

I'm just wondering what are all the requirements to the gaiden chapters in this game? Also any tips on character that are good would be greatly appreciated. The only people I WANT to use are Lilina and I am using Dieck and both Aran and Lance

Why do so many people want--

Never mind, I'll never understand this.

Anyway for Gaidens, refer to this:

http://www.serenesfo.../sidequests.htm

Recommended characters would be Clarine, Miredy, Rutger, Shin, Gonzales, Lugh but you WANT to use Lilina so you can scrap that.

Edited by Sirius

Never mind, I'll never understand this.

And the world continued to turn. :D

I'd use Thany and Tate a bit as well, if only for ferrying purposes. Marcus and Zealot are also good units to lean on a little during earlygame, and don't forget that Percival is all around solid (though late). Echinda works alright; especially if you go Ilia. Speaking of that, you'll have to decide where to go. If you use Shin, chances are you're going to Sacae, so best prepare your team to take on that place.

Why do people want to use Lilina? Primarily, for story reasons. She's Hector's daughter, which sets her up for a good deal of plot relevance. I mean, if it's possible for women to rule territories in Elibe, then she's the heir to Ostia and hence the Lycian League - making her even more politically important than Roy! Also, she's very cute. It's truly unfortunate that she's relegated to insignificance, in both story and gameplay. :(

So yeah, Jake, if your run is casual, then use her all you want. But if you're going for an efficiency run or rankings, you will want to bench her in favor of other units. My Lugh was already level 10 by the time she arrived at level 1. :|

Guest Wen Yang

Why do people want to use Lilina? Primarily, for story reasons. She's Hector's daughter, which sets her up for a good deal of plot relevance. I mean, if it's possible for women to rule territories in Elibe, then she's the heir to Ostia and hence the Lycian League - making her even more politically important than Roy! Also, she's very cute. It's truly unfortunate that she's relegated to insignificance, in both story and gameplay. :(

So yeah, Jake, if your run is casual, then use her all you want. But if you're going for an efficiency run or rankings, you will want to bench her in favor of other units. My Lugh was already level 10 by the time she arrived at level 1. :|

If it's on a casual run, I don't see why you wouldn't use her to start with.

She's much cuter than Lugh for one, and she frags mamkutes without wasting holy weapons easily too with that capped magic.

Granted, in a speed run/ranked run there are better options, but hey, I'm one of those crazy people who'd go by and run a Sue - Wendy - Lilina - Fir - Sophia team on a regular basis. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Cuteness >> Speed/ranked run effectiveness.

People playing this game use Lilina because they're doing it for storyline purposes(Astelaine said it already)or if they're fanboys(the latter being my case.)

My advice to you is that, if you are a casualist, go nuts. Hell, even if you are playing for ranks, Lily is still somewhat viable as she's good for the EXP rank(she'll rape combat for a while unless you feed her kills.) However, if you are trying to play efficiently, do yourself a damn good favor and just don't bother with her. In fact, if your playing efficient, I would wait until Clarine promotes. Or just use Lugh. Note that I am using Lilina in my so-called efficient playthrough, though it is more casual than efficient right now, as I've needed to slow down slightly to get her to a usable level(it took me 28 turns in C8, though most of that was due to reinforcements getting in my way.) And even in a casual PT, Bors, Barth, Miredy, and Percival have better things to do than protect some frail and slow mage.

As for anything else, here are my recommendations if you are playing efficiently:

God Mode:

Dieck, Alan, Lance, Clarine, Rutgar, Shin, Gonzales, Miredy, Percival

Good:

Fir, Roy, Tate, Lugh, Ray, Saul

Average:

Anybody I didn't list.

Bad:

Sophia, Wendy

Basically, if you use these guys, you'll have the easiest time getting a low turn count/high rank/whatever.

Or just look at this tier list.

Edited by DA125

Yeah this is definitely a casual play, I honestly just need to beat the game. Also, I don't see much point in effecient playthrough, there less fun for more.

I want to use Lilina because she is hectors daughter, my lughs always turn out with horrible magic and I like supporting her with Roy. and she is needed to recruit a bunch of people so I would rather just have her trained. Clarine for me is getting horrible growths. Still has 2 magic at level 6. Rutger is great. I'm also dropping Thany(still 4 strength level 10) and I think I might switch to Oujay because my Dieck has not gained any speed. Any thoughts on what archer I should use?

Edited by JaketheGr3at

Clarine is more for a healbot on legs than an offensive unit. The only real "staff" user that has combat is pretty much Niime. Clarine does offer a support for Dieck though, and if you plan Kleine later she supports him too at a rapid pace. I'd just go for Shin.if you desperately want a bow user, or maybe Kleine. The rest are mediocre to shit. Oujay is mediocre I guess since he really doesn't have a big advantage on Dieck (barring maybe Spd growth, but his lower con will knock him around when using Hand Axes).

I don't "quite" understand your second sentence barring you don't want to play efficiently, which is fine. I'm just with Sirius here; never will understand the Lilina like. I remember using her in NM and wanting to shoot my foot then. <_<

Clarine is more for a healbot on legs than an offensive unit. The only real "staff" user that has combat is pretty much Niime. Clarine does offer a support for Dieck though, and if you plan Kleine later she supports him too at a rapid pace. I'd just go for Shin.if you desperately want a bow user, or maybe Kleine. The rest are mediocre to shit. Oujay is mediocre I guess since he really doesn't have a big advantage on Dieck (barring maybe Spd growth, but his lower con will knock him around when using Hand Axes).

I don't "quite" understand your second sentence barring you don't want to play efficiently, which is fine. I'm just with Sirius here; never will understand the Lilina like. I remember using her in NM and wanting to shoot my foot then. <_<

On Lilina: I can't speak for anyone else, but I like the fact that she can make mincemeat out of Mamkutes without needing a legendary weapon (at least on normal mode). Also, I'm kinda like you and Sirius... if you replace "Lilina" with "Gonzales", that is (I never was a fan of the "awesome offence, but shaky hit rates" type of unit, and unfortunately, Gonzales is just that. Not helping his case is the fact that he's ugly).

Edited by Metal King Slime

In the case of Gonzales, while his hit rates are shy, the guy has great Speed growth that allows him to double and really doesn't require any babying to level up because his first bunch come back quickly if he starts as level 7 and his high STR makes it so that his attack either..

A) Cause decent damage like a Lilina with high Mag if he hits at least once

B) 1RKO, something I rarely saw for Lilina outside of arena abused using playthrough and only in normal mode.

That's not even factoring Lilina's speed and durability which plenty enemies such as Sacae, Heroes and Wyvern Lords laugh at. More could be argued but let's not turn this into a debate.

To each his own.

Yeah this is definitely a casual play, I honestly just need to beat the game. Also, I don't see much point in effecient playthrough, there less fun for more.

I want to use Lilina because she is hectors daughter, my lughs always turn out with horrible magic and I like supporting her with Roy. and she is needed to recruit a bunch of people so I would rather just have her trained. Clarine for me is getting horrible growths. Still has 2 magic at level 6. Rutger is great. I'm also dropping Thany(still 4 strength level 10) and I think I might switch to Oujay because my Dieck has not gained any speed. Any thoughts on what archer I should use?

lulz that reminds me of this youtube comment I got for not recruiting Garret:

why you kill garret you can use lilina to talk him and you can able to use garret what the fuck fuck yourself shit mother fucker bullshit
Edited by Sirius

In the case of Gonzales, while his hit rates are shy, the guy has great Speed growth that allows him to double and really doesn't require any babying to level up because his first bunch come back quickly if he starts as level 7 and his high STR makes it so that his attack either..

A) Cause decent damage like a Lilina with high Mag if he hits at least once

B) 1RKO, something I rarely saw for Lilina outside of arena abused using playthrough and only in normal mode.

That's not even factoring Lilina's speed and durability which plenty enemies such as Sacae, Heroes and Wyvern Lords laugh at. More could be argued but let's not turn this into a debate.

To each his own.

Wow Garret isn't even good enough to use in the game. And I meant I care absolutely nothing for efficiency, except in FE7. I just play for the fun of it and to compare final stats. Also what are the differences between Sacae and Ilia modes

Edited by JaketheGr3at

Sacae consists of hordes of speedy Nomads with low ATK, high hit and crit rates which are also low but still exist. Bad for slow units with poor DEF like Lilina and Sophia. Anti-cavalier weapons like Horseslayer have no boosted damage against them in this game.

Ilia is generally seen as the easier route since most of the Pegasus wield Steel Lance which cripples their speed to the point where they're doubled by the slow folk among your team.

If you need maps, they're here

Edited by Sirius

Wow Garret isn't even good enough to use in the game. And I meant I care absolutely nothing for efficiency, except in FE:7. I just play for the fun of it and to compare final stats. Also what are the differences between Sacae and Ilia modes

Sacae is a big open field full of VERY fast nomads and myrmidons. Ilia is a dense forest/mountain area full of weighed down pegasus knights. Basically, if you are going to Sacae, I'd recommend using either very fast(1-2 range optional)units or very durable units(granted, you only need like 20def to get tinked by everything except Monke in NM, and base Douglas has this. Bors and Barth are also looking at 25def each by 20/10, not that they'll reach that value by C18.) If you are travelling to Ilia, then investing in a bow user may not be such a bad idea(not that Wolt or Dorothy are good.), as half the enemies are made up of pegasus knights, and even if you don't want to use a bow user, then Gonzales/Geese works just as good. Again, you can use something like Barth here as he'll laugh at the pegs, and can take on the falcos easily enough(just don't expect him to DA anything.)

From what I've heard(from peeps like Inui), going to Sacae rapes your combat rank should you play for ranks, but I can see that your not doing that.

Edited by DA125

You would probably want to add two healers. Clarine is the best healer in the game, and you can also add Ellen, Saul, or Cecilia. Ellen is probably the weakest and has bad stats pretty much everywhere. Saul is decently fast and is higher levelled, but has terrible luck. Cecilia has really bad stats even compared to Ellen, but doesn't need to be trained to promote, comes with a mount, and has access to anima magic (in particular, she can use Aircalibur against the flying enemies), so I would recommend her over Ellen and Saul.

You should also decide if you want to go to Ilia or Sacae. Ilia has slower enemies and lots of fliers, while Sacae has lots of fast bow and sword users.

You'd probably want to glue Aircalibur to Cecilia permanently because it has the same MT as Elfire but 10 more hit. Cecilia's accuracy is terrible.

I'd personally suggest using Saul in addition to Clarine because Saul has about 1-2 more staff range compared to Clarine at similar levels when both are promoted, which makes it easier to use status staves and ranged staves. Cecilia's base C staves is a bit too far off from actually getting anywhere, unfortunately.

Why do people want to use Lilina?

Cuz she's the most epic Mage you could have. :)

Granted, in a speed run/ranked run there are better options, but hey, I'm one of those crazy people who'd go by and run a Sue - Wendy - Lilina - Fir - Sophia team on a regular basis. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Cuteness >> Speed/ranked run effectiveness.

It's too bad that Sophia's join time will not make her any useful without arena whoring. >_>

Gonzales is just that. Not helping his case is the fact that he's ugly).

Even though he is the only Zerker that doesn't fuck up your funds. >_>

Puck Garret. His base stats won't even save him upon his joining time. Not when he gets doubled by Valkyries. =3

From what I've heard(from peeps like Inui), going to Sacae rapes your combat rank should you play for ranks, but I can see that your not doing that.

Miledy with a Javelin and Delphi Shield says different. >_>

Cecilia has really bad stats even compared to Ellen, but doesn't need to be trained to promote, comes with a mount, and has access to anima magic (in particular, she can use Aircalibur against the flying enemies), so I would recommend her over Ellen and Saul.

Plus she won't cost you 10000G against your funds rank either.

Cuz she's the most epic Mage you could have. :)

I think not.

It's too bad that Sophia's join time will not make her any useful without arena whoring. >_>

Correction: She's pretty much unusable.

Even though he is the only Zerker that doesn't fuck up your funds. >_>

What?

Puck Garret. His base stats won't even save him upon his joining time. Not when he gets doubled by Valkyries. =3

He's just another reason why I'm not fond of prepromos not named Percival in this game... Aside from earlygame Marcus.

Miledy with a Javelin and Delphi Shield says different. >_>

Too bad Javelins are inaccurate... >_>

Plus she won't cost you 10000G against your funds rank either.

I like Valkyries, but Cecilia's stats... just don't do it for me. At all. >_>

Okay I just finished level 11A(i think it's the one were you get Klein) I have Roy level 20, Alan supported with him as a Paladin, Shin almost a Nomad Trooper, Training tate because my Thany got RNG screwed. Using Clarine (you guys called it she is the best Valkryie I didn't even use LIlina.) Using Chad and Astol as my thiefs and Rutger just got a Hero Crest (he also kicks ass). Does anyone else's dieck get Speed screwed?

Dieck only has a 30% Speed growth, but his base is very good. Contrary to popular belief, that means he's one of the least likely people to get "speed screwed".

Dieck only has a 30% Speed growth, but his base is very good. Contrary to popular belief, that means he's one of the least likely people to get "speed screwed".

My level 5 Hero Dieck has 18 speed. He would have about 14 If I hadn't messed with save states and giving him speed wings. Honestly I'm not impressed next time I am definitely using Oujay. Also Why do the Pegasus Knights suck in this game? All of their great resistance growths went down the toilet

Dieck averages 17.7 at 20/5, so what you have is what you should generally get without wings. :P He still doubles almost everything though, especially if you're playing Normal Mode. He'll miss out on fast swordies and that kind of thing, though.

You could probably get even more unlucky with OJ and have less HP, str, def, etc. than Dieck.

Not really. Dieck and Oujay's averages are so comparable it won't matter. Dieck is just riding on his good bases. Oujay just needs more effort, but with so many levels full of axe users its not hard. They end up pretty much the same though. Ever stat is comparable at 20/0 and 20/20 oujay will have more luck and speed on average and Dieck claiming skill. It depends on the RNG. and my dieck only has 18 speed cuz I used save states so he would gain speed because I already invested too much time into him to drop him