fe4 recomended parings

Bankai

Bread-and-butter would be:

Adean x Midayle

Ayra x Lex/Holyn/Noish/Dew

Lachesis x Beowolf (or Finn, but in that case make sure to give his Hero Lance to Fury before the end of Ch. 3)

Sylvia x Claude (or dead)

Levin x Fury

Tiltyu x Azel

Bridget x Dew/Holyn/Jamka

Edited by TheEnd

Those are pretty basic and easy and will carry you through the game. Alternatively, you can pair Levin with Tiltyu, and Fury with Noish or Claude.

Here's my recommended pairings, or simply what I used:

Aideen*Midir/Jamka

Aira*Lex/Holyn

Lachesis*Beo/Fin

Fury*Levin

Tiltyu*Azel

Briggid*Holyn

Sylvia*Claude/Hades

This is basically the bread-and-butter set. Here is the 'advanced' pairing set. I do not recommend trying these for beginners:

Aideen*Fin

Aira*Noish

Lachesis*Azel

Fury*Claude

Tiltyu*Levin

Briggid*Dew/Beo

Sylvia*Hades

Oh, and in case your wondering, Hades is the Greek/Roman underworld. And that's basically where Sylvia should go. Charisma/Berserk staff>Anything her son has to offer(assuming Claude is taken.)

Aideen x Jamka is silly.

I do not recommend trying these for beginners:

It's not *that* hard to make, even for beginner players.

• 2 weeks later...

Aideen x Jamka is silly.

I did it, but my Midir got so screwed and gained mext to no stats almost every level. I ditched him around level 18. Lester is a tank. Stronger, and though he doesn't double, Killer Bow and Hero Bow help.

So, who else is a viable pairing for Briggid? It's kind of difficult to pair her since you get her pretty late.

Holyn, Jamka, Dew.

Edited by Hawk King Tibarn

Brigid may come later, but that's canceled out by her higher base/growth love with everyone. Her slowest pairing is Dew with 50+2, which still only requires 64 adjacents for them to fall in love. Even if you seized Silvail later than turn 50 in Ch3, you should be able to do that in the 100 love turns you have left in Ch4 and Ch5. I know mine paired up in Ch4 for some inexplicable reason in my 0% growths playthrough, and that was reaaaally slow. Must've been jealousy though I don't know how that could have happened.

I did it, but my Midir got so screwed and gained mext to no stats almost every level. I ditched him around level 18. Lester is a tank. Stronger, and though he doesn't double, Killer Bow and Hero Bow help.

No matter how much Midir gets stat-screwed, Midir!Lester will be better than Jamka!Lester. The parents' stats don't make that great of a difference, but attacking twice as much does.

ClaudexEdain is pretty fun, if you don't mind ruining your Lester. A rank staves from the start is pretty handy. Jammy's fine if you're giving Lester the pursuit ring. However, the Hero Bow cancels out Continue and the skill isn't great (still passable), meaning there won't be as many critical hits.

Lex and Noish are good ones for Briggid, well... my favourites any way. Noish means Faval will finish off anything in range whilst Lex lets Patty level up quickly.

First time I played this game I just paired whoever. I got a lot of crappy children out of it XD. I guess what I'm saying is pair whoever you want. Besides Beowolf!!! I hate that guy!!!

As much as I hate Beowulf, he produces a good Delmud, potentially the best. Although a Noish!Delmud with the pursuit ring could be interesting. More fun that Tristan any way.

First time I played this game I just paired whoever. I got a lot of crappy children out of it XD. I guess what I'm saying is pair whoever you want. Besides Beowolf!!! I hate that guy!!!

Hating Beowolf doesn't make his stats of goodness at being a father suck.

FinxLachesis is probably her best pairing, though most characters benefit with Fin as a father (Except for Tiltyu's kids). Nanna gets a nice stat boost and frees up the Prayer Sword for someone else. BeowulfxBriggid is decent, since it at least gives Patty Pursuit at the start.

FinxLachesis is probably her best pairing, though most characters benefit with Fin as a father (Except for Tiltyu's kids). Nanna gets a nice stat boost and frees up the Prayer Sword for someone else. BeowulfxBriggid is decent, since it at least gives Patty Pursuit at the start.

I've also heard of BeowolfTiltyu, so that Arthur can fight well physically after promotion. Tinny can keep her magic, but maybe do slightly better with a sword, because she inherits her mothers magic growth entirely, and half of Beowolfs.

Tinny can keep her magic, but maybe do slightly better with a sword, because she inherits her mothers magic growth entirely, and half of Beowolfs.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe4/growth1a.html

If its anything I learned in math class, its that you cant divide by 0 :/:

EDIT: Already said... oh well.

Edited by Shirona

But Prayer can significantly improve their chances of survival after they go down into Wrath mode. How is that not benefitting?

• 3 weeks later...

This doesn't count as a necro-post, does it?

I'm curious, should I be actively trying to pair units, or will I manage to get pairings even if I don't try? It's important to do stuff like putting characters side-by-side and such, but I typically go with the "glue them together method."

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I'm not trying to pair characters, will pairing happen anyway?