Event Assembler Questions Thread

CT075

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem: nightmare won't load the spell association module. It keeps saying there's no list to load as a dropdown.

For FE7, right?

Then, are you using the module package found here? Because I just tried opening it and had no problem at all.

I'm looking through Arch's tutorial, and while it gives how to identify the various pointers for text editing, it doesn't say what those codes do like [A] or like [X].

I'm looking through Arch's tutorial, and while it gives how to identify the various pointers for text editing, it doesn't say what those codes do like [A] or like [X].

[A] does it so that the player must press the A button in order to continue reading the text. [X] does it so that the conversation ends.

OK, this is really weird. The only module that won't open is spell association. I even re-downloaded everything, including a fresh ROM, and it still don't work.

It's not that big of a deal, but it might be a problem with the modules themselves. Weren't they just updated or something? maybe people with the older modules could still use it, but it might be something to look into, because i'm 99% sure the problem isn't on my end this time. Still could be wrong, though.

OK, something new just popped up. Unhandled exception has occured in the apllication. The file i'm trying to insert isn't complete (I just wanted to load some units to see if the game would flow easily to the next chapter), so I haven't set-up any opening or ending events yet. Could that just be the problem, or have I hit a roadblock again?

To answer ThatGuy, I think that's a yes. I know sometimes after thieves open chests they run to a particular part of the map (stairs, etc.) and will disappear. Doors probably shouldn't be too different. If anything, you could probably set-up an event in front of each door so they will go to each and unlock it, and the last would point to a spot on the map that would make the unit disappear.

Edited by Valmanway

OK, something new just popped up. Unhandled exception has occured in the apllication. The file i'm trying to insert isn't complete (I just wanted to load some units to see if the game would flow easily to the next chapter), so I haven't set-up any opening or ending events yet. Could that just be the problem, or have I hit a roadblock again?

Show us. The damn. Events.

Seriously, people, we can't actually help you unless you show us what the hell you did!

---

@Hithere - Thieves escaping is hardcoded to chapter.

Edited by Camtech075

So you know in an Event Script where it says Good Good Good Good. I was wondering if you could you use all four of those Goods (and Bads) for the different modes such as ENM, EHM, HNM, HHM like they do when you dissamble events.

That's basically the reason that they exist.

Show us. The damn. Events.

Seriously, people, we can't actually help you unless you show us what the hell you did!

BAH! Sorry, I didn't have my card hooked up at the time, and I didn't think it would require this. Just remember this is still in progress:

#define DISABLE_TUTORIALS

#include EAstdlib.event

EventPointerTable(0x09,Pointers)

org 0xD114D0

Pointers:

POIN Turn_events

POIN Character_events

POIN Location_events

POIN Misc_events

POIN BallistaData BallistaData

POIN Bad Bad Bad Bad

POIN Good Good Good Good

POIN Opening_event Ending_event

Bad:

UNIT Batta Cavalier Level(3,Enemy,False) [10x2] [10x2] [steelSpear,Javelin] [0x03, 0x03, 0x09, 0x20]

UNIT 0x8A Soldier Batta Level(2,Enemy,True) [10x2] [8x2] [ironSpear] [0x00, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00]

UNIT 0x8A Soldier Batta Level(2,Enemy,True) [10x2] [8x3] [ironSpear] [0x00, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00]

UNIT 0x8A Soldier Batta Level(3,Enemy,True) [10x2] [8x4] [ironSpear,Javelin] [0x00, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00]

UNIT 0x8A Cavalier Batta Level(2,Enemy,True) [10x2] 11x4] [ironSpear,Javelin] [0x00, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00]

UNIT 0x8A Cavalier Batta Level(3,Enemy,True) [10x2] [11x6] [ironSword,SteelSpear] [0x00, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00]

UNIT Empty

Reinforcements:

UNIT 0x8A Soldier Batta Level(3,Enemy,True) [9x5] [9x5] [steelSpear] [0x00, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00]

UNIT 0x8A Cavalier Batta Level(2,Enemy,True) [12x3] [12x3] [ironSword,Javelin] [0x00, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00]

UNIT Empty

Good:

UNIT Eliwood EliwoodLord 0x00 Level(1,Ally,False) [0x0] [1x1] [ironSword,Vulnerary] [0x00, 0x20, 0x02, 0x10]

UNIT Wil Archer Eliwood Level(1,Ally,False) [0x0] [2x1] [ironBow,Vulnerary] [0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00]

UNIT Empty

Good2:

UNIT Jaffar Assassin Eliwood Level(1,Ally,False) [1x10] [0x1] [KillingEdge,IronBlade,Vulnerary] [0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00]

UNIT Matthew Thief Eliwood Level(1,Ally,False) [1x10] [0x0] [ironSword,LockPick,Vulnerary] [0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00]

UNIT Oswin Knight Eliwood Level(2,Ally,False) [1x10] [0x2] [ironSpear,Javelin] [0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00]

UNIT Empty

Turn_events:

TurnEventPlayer(0x00,Opening_event,1)

TURN

Character_events:

CHAR

Location_events:

House(0x06,House1,7,6)

House(0x07,House2,10,10)

Village(0x08,Village1,5,2)

Village(0x09,Village2,13,7)

LOCA

Misc_events:

CauseGameOverIfLordDies

AFEV

Opening_event:

LOU1 Good

ENUN

LOU1 Good2

ENUN

LOU1 Bad

ENUN

ENDA

Ending_event:

MNCH 0x02

ENDA

House1:

MUSI

BACG 0x02

FADU 0x0A

TEX1

REMA

MUNO

ENDA

House2:

MUSI

BACG 0x02

FADU 0x0A

TEX1

REMA

MUNO

ENDA

Village1:

MUSI

BACG 0x02

FADU 0x0A

TEX1

REMA

ITGV EnergyRing

MUNO

ENDA

Village2:

MUSI

BACG 0x02

FADU 0x0A

TEX1

REMA

MONE 5000

MUNO

ENDA

BallistaData:

BLST

MESSAGE Events end at offset currentOffset

//The map for this chapter is at offset: D11440

The good news is this is chapter 2, so I am moving along.smile.gif The bad news? No prologue.laugh.gif

*sigh* Damnit, now I just feel stupid. Again. But, this is what I came here to find out. Thanks ALS. It's something I would have caught eventually, but at least I know the ROM isn't screwed (not that it matters, i'm keeping constant back-ups nowwink.gif).

So many little things, and now I do this 2AM in the morning after 10 hours of work. Not a good combo.

Edited by Valmanway

For the UNIT problems, coordinates are [X,Y], NOT [XxY]. Fix that and it should work.

For the TEX1 errors, you forgot to imput the text pointer. Right now you only have TEX1, while you should have TEX1 and the pointer to the text after.

For the MONE code, I'm not really sure since I haven't used it myself, but looking at the EventAssemblerLanguage file:

Money
 FE7:
  MONE *Village or cutscene* *Amount of money* 

Seems like you're missing the first parameter.

-any time I change the text, the game crashes

Been working on things from Arch's video tutorial Ch3, and I can't get text (conversations between portraits) to work. I didn't edit the map. On turn 2 (when the conversation should happen), units disappear and the game emits the loud screechy sound. Before using the event assembler, feditor edited the text fine. After using the event assembler, I made the pointer to text pointer to one of preexisting text, and that worked (changed it to pointer 004A and to 0083). Changing the text after applying the event, however, seems to cause the game to crash (go all screechy).

My code:

//Made by markyjoe1990 of Youtube
//Modified by Nintenlord

#define DISABLE_TUTORIALS
#include EAstdlib.event

EventPointerTable(0x06,ThisChapter)

ORG 0xd80000
ThisChapter:

POIN Turn_events 
POIN Character_events 
POIN Location_events 
POIN Misc_events
POIN BallistaData BallistaData
POIN Bad Bad Bad Bad
POIN Good Good Good Good
POIN Opening_event Ending_event

Bad:
UNIT

Good:
UNIT Lyn LynLord 0x00 Level(12,Ally,True) [14,9] [11,8] [ManiKatti,WindSword,Vulnerary] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00] 
UNIT Rath Nomad 0x00 Level(14,Ally,True) [14,8] [10,7] [shortBow,Longbow,BraveBow] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]
UNIT Empty

Turn_events:
TurnEventPlayer(0x00,Opening_event,1)
TurnEventPlayer(0x00,Turn2,2)
CODE $00

Character_events:
CHAR

Location_events:
LOCA

Misc_events:
CauseGameOverIfLordDies
AFEV

Opening_event:
Lou1 Good
ENUN
ENDA

Turn2:
Text(0x0800)
REMA
ENDA

Ending_event:
MNCH 0x??
STAL 1
_0x1
ENDA

BallistaData:
BLST
ALIGN 4

MESSAGE Events end at offset currentOffset
//The map for this chapter is at offset: ????????

The text I put in at 0800 (I tried copy and pasting text from other values into this one, which fixed nothing):

[OpenMidLeft][LoadFace][0x16][0x01]

[OpenMidRight][LoadFace][0x2E][0x01]

[OpenMidLeft]

Rath.[.][A]

[OpenMidRight]

Yes.[.][A]

[X]

That's right, I don't get text editing. Thanks for any help.

Out of curiosity, are you assembling the events before or after FEA? Because I know if I don't first use FEA and then assemble events, things go funny. (Namely FEA reverts everything back to an earlier version). So you might try that first.

Also, your text can just be Text(0x800). No need for the extra 0, EA will handle that (This probably doesn't matter but it's worth trying).

And I always write TURN events the old fashion way: TURN ID pointer [startTurn,EndTurn] TurnMoment Extra

You might try that.