Sholes' Sprites

Dr.Sholes

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was using reference because they're not identical. The person who made the original does deserve credit for the parts that are the same and I should have put that in my original post. Sorry, to the person who made Aless for not making that clear.

Alright, so...

Some maps for Onmi's hack.

Ostiascrn.jpg

Not sure why it keeps shrinking so try to bear with me, I guess. :/ People playing the hack will love this map. XP

Ch8scrn.jpg

This one's not shrinking. :dry:

Anyways they're bot FE6 map remakes with FE8 tilesets and some different stuff.

There's a height inconsistency between the front and back wall of Liliana's chamber because it is now joint to a wall.

Also a height inconsistency between the bottom and top gate of the double-L shaped block.

Edited by deranger

[1:56:06 PM] Super Dumpy_Kitteh:

i hate that map

[1:56:23 PM] Super Dumpy_Kitteh: not because it's the FE6 and FE7 map combined

[1:56:29 PM] Super Dumpy_Kitteh: because it's so goddamn spammy

[1:56:47 PM] Super Dumpy_Kitteh: also, >armory

also, height inconsistancy everywhere

because you have that staircase 2 floors high, that makes the walls on both sides of it the same height as the floor(you should be able to walk on the walls)

See how you had the pillar next to the opening staircase 3 tiers high? all the walls connected to that should also be 3 tiers high

i suggest taking a close look at fixing the height problems before addressing the spam

The heights on what you're talking about are exactly the way they are in the actual game...

The GBA games have height errors in many maps.

Some stuff

ayao9d.png

Red box: Height error. Remove the stairs there, and lower the door one tile.

Black box: There should be no shading there

Orange box: Again, height error. The left side of that wall has a 2 tiles tall, while the wall on the outside part of the map is 1 tile tall.

Yellow, blue and green boxes: Three different tipes of pillars. It isn't really a problem, but it looks nicer if you use a single pillar type for the map (or one type for the inside and one for the outside)

Purple box: Incredibly empty space.

There's probably more stuff that can be pointed out if you use an image host that doesn't resize images, like TinyPic.

Edited by Krad