Fire Emblem Gaiden's "Megaquake": any way around it?

Sir Ilpalazzo

I've been playing Fire Emblem Gaiden for a while. I finally spent a night getting through the last chapter, but while I was in the final battle (and I was pretty far in, I was about to finish off a few bigles and go after Judah), but then Doma used Megaquake and one of my characters (who was at full health) got killed. I don't see anything I could have done, so unless there's some way to stop this, it looks like the final fight is just luck-based. Is there actually any trick to dealing with Megaquake?

I don't remember ever even seeing this thing you refer to. Sorry?

Megaquake is one of Doma's more elusive attacks, which damages every playable unit on the field. I've never seen it in action myself.

I've been playing Fire Emblem Gaiden for a while. I finally spent a night getting through the last chapter, but while I was in the final battle (and I was pretty far in, I was about to finish off a few bigles and go after Judah), but then Doma used Megaquake and one of my characters (who was at full health) got killed. I don't see anything I could have done, so unless there's some way to stop this, it looks like the final fight is just luck-based. Is there actually any trick to dealing with Megaquake?

Apparently it targets Resistance and has a base attack of 20 (after factoring in Doma's stats). Maybe your character get critical'd?

The only advice I can think of is to warp some units to Doma ASAP. Maybe Arum and Cellica if they're powerful enough (plus they have a special support attack if you make them attack next to one another).

Edited by VincentASM

Megaquake is one of Doma's more elusive attacks, which damages every playable unit on the field. I've never seen it in action myself.

Apparently it targets Resistance and has a base attack of 20 (after factoring in Doma's stats). Maybe your character get critical'd?

The only advice I can think of is to warp some units to Doma ASAP. Maybe Arum and Cellica if they're powerful enough (plus they have a special support attack if you make them attack next to one another).

And where is this on the main site?

It's nowhere; I never got around to confirming that it exists : o

Although I did use it as a subject for one of the quizzes...

EDIT

Technically, when I was compiling Nightmare Modules for FE2, I found that it doesn't exist, at least not as an item. Maybe it's a spell or a scripted event? Or people are lying about it, nah.

Edited by VincentASM

Yes, I think Jamil is the only other character to have that. He pulled it on me twice during that fight.

If this really is something that's rare for him to use, then I guess the game just had it out for me that time.

Alm definitely is strong enough to fight Doma, but I don't think he could take attacks from him and all of his entourage at once. Celica would probably die for sure if I put her over there, she isn't really all that powerful even though I leveled her a lot with mummies (and she was the one that got taken out by the earthquake).

• 2 weeks later...