Inserting a Map

Psych

So I'm trying to insert this map here.

I've watched Arch's video at least 3 times, and appear to be following it to the letter. But when I load the game, it ends up being a large green field with a mess of tiles and empty spaces.

I tried looking through what I've done, and all the only thing I can see that might be a problem is Mappy keeps saying it's too many block structures and can only be used with an FMP 1.0 compatible thing. :/

Lol no way, I just finished FE5 ch1's map XD

What are the odds!?

Anyway, back on topic, could you possibly show us the FMP file, a MAR serves us no purpose since we have no idea what the size is.

Oh wait a second, are you using one of the custom tilesets Feaw provided? They aren't compatible with GBA FE...

Edited by Hero of Time

Okay. So I followed that.

But now I have my map on the bottom and a bunch of random tiles on top in the picture of the map. Do I just insert that MAR into the rom?

Eh? Show me what you have there, what you're saying isn't making much sense to me...

Basic steps are to copy the tileset that you used in the map into the folder with the converter and rename it "Tileset"

Then copy a PNG version of the map into the folder.

Convert it normally and you should see two maps with identical images on them.

Then process the txt file and make a FMP and MAR.

Thats about it.

Did that, no dice. :/

It says the MAR file is the wrong size, and I try importing the tileset to Mappy to see the map and it's either a mess of tiles or a blackscreen.

I got that picture on the bottom half, but I renamed the tileset and got a bunch of gibberish on the top still.

Thanks, I'll see if it'll work now.

Woooo! It worked! Thanks!

Now to see what's wrong with my events.

Edited by Psychedelica

OKay, I'll redownload it tonight then.

BUt I was able to put my events in last night, and they appeared to work with a conversation happening when Dagda's group came in, but there weren't any actual PC's on the map when you didn't hover over them and there was no opening event. I didn't put enemies on yet, so that part happened on purpose, I know that.

I think it may have something to do with the Tutorial, but I'll have to check later.

I had the exact same problem as the one you specified in your first post. I followed arch's video. I made a map using tileset 6A006B6C, which had 1616 still blocks despite having 1017 when i load it onto a new map(problem?). That tile set came with mappy when I downloaded it from AstraLunaSol's mapping contest thread on Shrine of Seals. It gave the "Warning: You have more than 1024 block stuructures, only use this .MAR with FMP1.0 compatible editors/libraries". Does that mean it too is "borked", and that I have to put all that work back in?

Modified post because I'm an idiot.

The number of still blocks seems to exceed 1023 when I tried importing different tile sets to see what they looked like. Anyways, I remade my maps but better. And this topic is dead.

Also, can cutting, copying, and pasting fix the number of tiles? (it works when I accidentally crtl+x a tile, though maybe only when I still had it selected).

Edited by deranger