FE4 Reverse Inheritance run

Tables

Idea: Reverse the inheritance of all children characters. This means all male children inherit from their mother and all females inherit from their father, except Leaf, Altenna, Faval and Patty, who inherit from their same gendered parent.

This leads to some interesting results. Never before have I had three females who decide Claude is their best partner (well... Levin was actually better in each case but Levin is pretty much everyone's best partner...) Here are my pairing choices:

Aideen x Claude: This was a tough one to decide on. Levin was the main competitor, which makes Lester barely usable while letting Lana use Holsety after promotion and inherit staves. Ultimately I chose Claude because, well, Lester is really a lost cause without inheritance as the choice between Lana getting staves and Lester getting stats and skills was a losing one for him.

Aira x Lex: Nothing new here.

Lachesis x Azel: This was a choice between Azel and Alec in that one makes Nanna more offensive (Alec) by giving Swords and better strength, while Azel makes Nanna a better healer and gives her more speed. The difference to Delmud isn't huge, although he can use magic swords with Azel and is faster.

Fee x Noish: Noish gives Critical and Charge, two valuable skills to both Sety (who's magic suffers with Noish as a dad) and Fee (who also gets swords and lances from him). The other feasible choices were Azel (promoted, Azel passes on swords, both get great magic, but lack any other useful skills) and potentially Dew for the all around good growths and slightly better MAG on Sety, but again at the cost of no great skills and low HP.

Sylvia x Dew: With Corple inheriting from Sylvia there's not a lot to really benefit these two. Dew has the highest MAG growth of the non magic users (all of the mages are tied down elsewhere) and generally good growths all around except HP, and nice skills for Sylvia and Corple.

Tiltyu x Levin: Levin was going to be with Tiltyu or Aideen since Holsety needed to be passed down, and with Aideen prefering Claude this left Tiltyu. Slightly weaker than normal, since Holsety is missing for another 1 1/2 chapters (and comes at me on an enemy with continue and critical!), and then doesn't get a horse, but... eh.

Briggid x Jamka: Passing on bows to Faval, even if he doesn't get Ichival, is good. Jamka vs. Midir is kinda a tossup: Midir gives Patty pursuit and both little more speed and skill while Jamka gives Faval Continue and both a little more HP, STR and LUK. So Jamka eeks a win in my book.

Note: This leaves:

Ardan

Alec

Midir

Holyn

Beowulf

Fin

As forever alone.

Prologue:

Chalphy to Jungby: 8 turns

Pretty standard stuff here with a few mistakes. Sigurd goes south, takes an axe to the face, is followed by Fin and Ethlin who clean up. Fin takes the speed ring village, Ethin heals for EXP (and takes a few potshots where needed). Meanwhile Alec and Noish tag team a few bandits and are followed by Cuan and Ardan, who advance through said bandits and towards the bridge to Verdane and the village nearby. Lex and Azel move through the north, clearing the villages (Lex takes both villages, Azel will be having the central one soon), then moving back southwest towards the village and bridge, meeting up with Noish and Alec.

The mistakes mentioned were pretty much leaving Azel in OHKO range while on a road (albeit against axe users of course). Fortunately the enemy was too stupid to attack him, preferring instead to attack Noish on a forest ¬_¬.

Edited by Cylon

Fin can survive being alone though. The only person he could pass down his lances to is Fee, so I think he'd rather keep them.

Also, Valkyrie from chapter 6 looks fun! It's sad that Leaf can no longer inherit the Light Sword, or any weapon for that matter, but Gaeborg Leaf'll interesting, A holy weapon master knight. Whoo hoo.

Aira doesn't seem to change, since Skasaher would just inherit the swords Lakche would usually get (I always do AiraLex)

This seems interesting, I'll be reading this regularly.

Jungby to Evans: 8 turns (16 total)

Whew... that was slow. Not entirely sure what I did wrong with it, although I can certainly see two turns I could have shaved off (I'll point them out).

Everyone moved to the central village and nearby area as Verdane attacked. Then as Sigurd arrived, I attacked, and easily killed most of the enemy in one turn. Then I moved towards the bridge to bait the enemy over (this is where I could have saved a turn, sending someone forward earlier), and rather than getting clogged on the bridge I opted to remain behind it, defeating the enemy as they came to me and scoring lots of hits with Ardan and Alec, and kills with Azel and Noish who need the EXP more for when they become dads.

Then Dimaggio. What a joke boss. Yeah, no. Never before have I seen Dimaggio dodge enough attacks AND hit enough that he took not only 2 turns to kill but left everyone (including Sigurd) in OHKO range. That was serious RNG ownage on me, there. This could easily have been a turn quicker if, I dunno, Dimaggio had actually been hit a few more times or something.

I'm going to be controversial and do the arena for the following chapter before posting character stats. In a way I think it's more natural, since, well, by the time I do any proper fighting my characters have had a few more levelups from the stats I'd otherwise be posting.

Chapter 1:

Preparations: Javelin and Iron Lance go to Noish (figure he could use them, might give the Javelin to Fin eventually). Slim sword goes to Alec (for the power boost). Sigurd's steel sword went to Ardan.

Now for big table.

|  Lv.  | Arena Ch. |                 Stats                 |       | Lover  | Notable
Character |  Exp  | 1/2/3/4/5 | HP | ST | MG | SK | SP | LK | DF | MD |  Gold | status | Equipment
----------|-------|-----------|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|-------|--------|---------------
Sigurd    | 11.17 | */1/1/1/1 | 42 | 16 |  2 | 14 | 13 | 10 | 12 |  3 | 21970 | None   | Silver Sw
Noish     |  7.35 | 6/1/1/1/1 | 35 | 12 |  0 | 11 |  8 |  4 | 10 |  1 |  7560 | None   | Steel Sw, Javelin
Alec      |  6.33 | 6/1/1/1/1 | 35 |  9 |  1 | 12 | 12 |  4 |  7 |  0 |  7740 | None   | Slim Sword
Ardan     |  5.79 | 6/1/1/1/1 | 38 | 14 |  2 |  5 |  4 |  3 | 15 |  0 |  9220 | None   | Steel Sw
Fin       |  4.69 | 4/1/1/1/1 | 34 | 10 |  0 |  9 | 11 |  8 |  8 |  0 | 10620 | None   | Iron Ln, Speed
Cuan      |  6.31 | 6/1/1/1/1 | 36 | 16 |  0 | 10 | 11 |  5 | 11 |  3 | 17390 | Ethlin | Steel Ln, Javelin
Midir     |  4.49 | 4/1/1/1/1 | 34 |  9 |  0 |  8 | 10 |  3 |  7 |  0 |  7060 | None   | Iron Bow
Azel      |  5.47 | 4/1/1/1/1 | 34 |  0 | 12 |  8 | 11 |  2 |  3 |  7 | 11620 | None   | Fire
Lex       |  8.14 | 4/1/1/1/1 | 37 | 11 |  0 | 11 | 12 |  8 | 11 |  1 | 15540 | None   | Steel Axe
Ethlin    |  3.58 | 3/1/1/1/1 | 29 |  7 |  8 | 11 | 13 |  9 |  4 |  6 |  5840 | Cuan   | Slim Sw, Live

Tinny using Holsety... this is a dream come true

btw would Leaf even GET Gae Bolg from Cuan? He doesn't inherit Lex's axes in normal FE and he can't use lances before promotion, so wouldn't the Gae Bolg just disappear forever?

Holy Weapons are always inherited. For example, a Levin!Skasaher will be holding Holsety forever despite not being able to use it.

This is why Corpul can use Holsety despite not being able to use it at base level.

btw good luck beating Alvis without Tyrfing.

Celice doesn't inherit the Tyrfing, he gets it by talking to Palmark in that chapter. However, his strength won't help him do any damage to Alvis..

Base level Shannan with double Charisma, 20% leadership and Lover bonus faces 40% hit from Alvis (and gets OHKO'd because lol 67 atk) so if nothing else he could RNG abuse his way through.

Also, I think Celice's holy blood is fixed anyway, so he'll be able to Tyrfing. It's not a huge loss if he can't, there are other capable units (lol Gaebolg lol Balmung lol Mistoltin)

Evans to Genoa: 6 turns

Nothing especially noteworthy here. Everyone moved south, made a wall, killed axe users, got the Hand Axe, Ethlin visited the village for money, Alec baited Aira while Sigurd seized. Meanwhile Aideen made her way towards Genoa and Dew gave his money to Aideen (20K on a healer is a decent start) and then started stealing money from the bandits from the village.

An interesting turn occurred after I made a quick plan on killing Kinbois: Sigurd and Lex cleanly killed him between them (and Lex wants the kill for the hand axe). First I had to clear a fighter out the way. Fin misses... with 96% hit. Not a problem, leaves me in a slightly worse position as others have to now deal the final hit. I clean up, Sigurd weakens Kinbois, Lex... misses and gets killed on the counter. He missed with 88%. Both of these happened on the same turn. Naturally I wasn't amused.

Genoa to Marpha: 9 turns

Aira gets recruited, and everyone advanced right. Aideen talks to Ethlin for the Return staff, and I clash with Marpha's bandits. I try to feed kills to Dew (especially), Azel and Aira to catch them up, while keeping kills from Sigurd, Cuan and Lex. Noish takes the village, and I advance. The boss doesn't die easy, but after everyone attacks Azel manages to take the kill. I'm not bothered about him having the skill ring, I suppose someone like Noish would have been better (critical) but it's not a big loss.

Edited by Cylon

I've changed my mind on doing stats after arenas. I'm going to do them at the ends of chapters now. Mainly because I abused the arena a fair bit at the end of this chapter.

Marpha to Verdane: 18 turns (33 total)

Start by having everyone that needs to revisit the arena. A few people come pretty close the second time, but narrowly miss out so I make a note to send them back at a later point. I advance into the forest, nothing notable happens. Aideen recruits Jamka, Diedre appears, Jamka is warped back to arena, so is Azel now he's gained needed magic (Azel was a real dude in the arena, even reduced to 1 HP he fought on and cleared it). Lex gets his Hero axe, Diedre silences the boss and is warped back for her own arena. Everything is killed, Fin gets the magic ring since there's nobody else in range who could have gotten it. No big loss, he can sell it for money. Also Dew gave a lot of money to Diedre, and still made a little more off chipping.

|  Lv.  | Arena Ch. |                 Stats                 |       | Lover      | Notable
Character |  Exp  | 1/2/3/4/5 | HP | ST | MG | SK | SP | LK | DF | MD |  Gold | status     | Equipment
----------|-------|-----------|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|-------|------------|---------------
Sigurd    | 14.12 | */1/1/1/1 | 46 | 19 |  2 | 15 | 15 | 11 | 13 |  3 | 21970 | Diedre     | Silver Sw
Noish     |  9.90 | 6/1/1/1/1 | 37 | 12 |  0 | 12 |  9 |  4 | 11 |  1 | 12560 | None       | Steel Sw, Javelin
Alec      |  7.95 | 7/1/1/1/1 | 36 |  9 |  1 | 13 | 12 |  4 |  8 |  0 | 10840 | None       | Iron Sw
Ardan     |  6.67 | 6/1/1/1/1 | 39 | 14 |  2 |  5 |  4 |  3 | 16 |  0 |  9220 | None       | Steel
Fin       |  9.06 | */1/1     | 37 | 11 |  0 | 11 | 11 | 11 | 12 |  0 | 22780 | None       | Iron, Speed, Magic
Cuan      |  8.81 | */1/1     | 38 | 17 |  0 | 10 | 13 |  5 | 11 |  3 | 23750 | Ethlin     | Steel, Javelin
Midir     |  8.03 | 6/1/1/1/1 | 37 | 11 |  0 |  9 | 13 |  3 |  8 |  0 | 12180 | None       | Iron
Azel      |  9.77 | */1/1/1/1 | 36 |  0 | 13 |  9 | 13 |  4 |  3 |  7 | 19700 | None       | Fire, Skill
Jamka     |  8.72 | */1/1/1/1 | 37 | 13 |  0 | 14 | 16 |  6 |  9 |  0 | 16700 | 200 Aideen | Killer
Lex       | 13.40 | 7/1/1/1/1 | 42 | 13 |  0 | 12 | 13 |  9 | 14 |  1 | 22420 | None       | Steel, Hand, Hero
Dew       |  6.31 | 3/1/1/1/1 | 29 |  4 |  1 |  8 | 15 | 14 |  4 |  1 |  3000 | None       | Iron
Deirdre   |  5.62 | 4/1/1     | 28 |  1 | 16 |  9 | 12 |  6 |  3 | 17 | 19270 | Siglud     | Aura, Silence, Circlet
Ethlin    |  9.44 | 7/1/1     | 34 | 11 |  9 | 11 | 14 |  9 |  5 |  7 | 16180 | Cuan       | Slim, Live, Return
Aira      |  9.10 | */1/1/1/1 | 35 | 12 |  0 | 19 | 19 |  4 |  8 |  2 | 14760 | None       | Iron B, Slim
Aideen    |  8.20 | 1/1/1/1/1 | 32 |  1 | 15 |  8 |  9 | 14 |  1 | 11 | 20000 | 200 Jamka  | Relive, Warp

Just a quick note on lover status: 200/300/400 means 'Fortune teller says it's at least this many lover points with this person'. A single name means they're lovers.

Compared to averages, most of my characters are comfortably just below average with a few jumping to the just above average random. Which is pretty average when you consider the Arena's effect on levels. Annoying, where I seem to be blessed is where it doesn't matter (oh, joy, Ardan has TWO magic! And look at Aideen and Diedre's strength! Also a few characters are a few HP up on normal and I think someone was up on skill), but the shortfalls are in actually worthwhile stats (Dew already is at -1 STR, -2 SPD, which is pretty irritating. He's +1 DEF though).

Edited by Cylon

You know, this is a pretty good idea. Another would be to reverse the children's classes. You'd have to do something clever with several characters though as a few don't have male/female sprites. Not sure what you'd do with Celice and Julia. Shaman Celice / Junior Lord Julia?

You know, this is a pretty good idea. Another would be to reverse the children's classes. You'd have to do something clever with several characters though as a few don't have male/female sprites. Not sure what you'd do with Celice and Julia. Shaman Celice / Junior Lord Julia?

I've already done something pretty similar to that. Not the same, just similar. And I ran into the same sorts of problems with some people's class suggestions.

Just a quick note on lover status: 200/300/400 means 'Fortune teller says it's at least this many lover points with this person'. A single name means they're lovers.

This is a fabulous idea.

I shall have to steal it.

Heh. I just did it because of the brevity of it.

Anyway...

Chapter 2

Arena

People do okay in it. Only 3 people clear it now, Jamka (Killer bow = awesome), Sigurd and Aira. About 6 others will probably clear by the end of the chapter. People are actually stuck at various numbers right now all the way from 3 (lol Dew lol Ardan) up to 7. I think by the chapters end most people will beat at least 1-2 more. Except Aideen.

In terms of items, a little shuffling around.

• Alec got an Iron Lance from Fin
  • Fin bought the Steel Lance and sold the Magic Ring
  • Midir got the Steel Bow
  • Holyn got the Steel Blade
  • Azel got his +5 speed tome
  • Dew got a Slim Sword from Aira
  • Aideen sold her soul Warp staff to Deirdre
  • Aira got a Steel Sword from... somewhere... I dunno.

I've also been thinking about training and things. In particular, with Deirdre being Celice's major influence I'm going to want a decently levelled Deirdre to pass on some nice stats. She has the money and Warp staff to burn 26 warps, which is 22 levels. I probably won't use ALL of them, but certainly a lot of them to train her up.

Also, Azel and Tiltyu are going to want to promote: Azel so he can take a decent C rank sword (not sure what yet) to pass down to Nanna, Tiltyu so she can take Elwind to give to Arthur (since Tinny comes with Elthunder anyway, having both AND Holsety is a bit overkill).

Parent inheritance for growths is also swapped, right? Because that's gonna make Celice suck no matter what you do. He'll be slightly weaker everywhere except Defense, where he'll be much weaker. His holy blood should help him out, but otherwise he's just gonna wind up a nerfed version of himself.

Parent inheritance for growths is also swapped, right? Because that's gonna make Celice suck no matter what you do. He'll be slightly weaker everywhere except Defense, where he'll be much weaker. His holy blood should help him out, but otherwise he's just gonna wind up a nerfed version of himself.

It isn't, actually. It's one of the oddities I realised while trying to work out why Faval's growths are more affected by his dad than he should be.

Still, Dierdre Celice could be interesting (assuming he also got major Narga, minor Baldo - HB in brackets and included):

HP: 115% (40%)

STR: 35% (10%)

MAG: 52% (40%)

SKL: 45% (10%)

SPD: 25%

LUK: 30% (10%)

DEF: 30%

RES: 52% (40%)

He'd be fairly effective with a Wind sword, actually... but that's really about it.

It isn't, actually. It's one of the oddities I realised while trying to work out why Faval's growths are more affected by his dad than he should be.

Still, Dierdre Celice could be interesting (assuming he also got major Narga, minor Baldo - HB in brackets and included):

HP: 115% (40%)

STR: 35% (10%)

MAG: 52% (40%)

SKL: 45% (10%)

SPD: 25%

LUK: 30% (10%)

DEF: 30%

RES: 52% (40%)

He'd be fairly effective with a Wind sword, actually... but that's really about it.

This is the bad apple in the barrel and you know how that saying goes.

Well yeah, that's the way it normally works (only item inheritance is swapped for Cuan/Ethlin and Faval/Patty), I was just curious if that too can be changed. Back when I was mucking with Nightmare to try to rebalance weapons, I didn't see anything in particular for it, so I guess not.

Can we do a Pregnant Father run, where the father determines the kids and the moms must compete for their spot? Only problem being that there's too many men in Gen 1.

Can we do a Pregnant Father run, where the father determines the kids and the moms must compete for their spot? Only problem being that there's too many men in Gen 1.

Well... that certainly goes far beyond my 'lol this takes 5 minutes in Nightmare' level of hacking skill I'm afraid. It might feasibly be possible with ASM hacking to, say, have each man influence 1 kid... that'd be 15 in total including Cuan and Sigurd, so I guess if Cuan still has 2 and... someone else has 2 too (Levin?), that makes the 17 children. Then you get the substitutes for the unpaired males.

I think it would certainly be possible. Just, really quite difficult to program.

And, well, that 25% SPD is part of the reason I recommended a Wind Sword :P. He's still looking at reaching about 17 SPD by level 30 which... certainly isn't great, but it's 15 AS with the Wind Sword, 20 AS with Tyrfing, which should be sufficient.

Moving on to the run...

Evans to Nodion: 5 turns

I have everyone move out as far and fast as possible, except for Alec (since he's going to be Deirdre's warp boy) and Ethlin (since Deirdre needs to give her the Light Sword). Dew also wants to give money to Deirdre but I realise this causes a terrible level up, so I delay it a turn to when Alec is warped back... and it still gives a terrible level up (I think it was +HP +SKL one time, +SKL the other). So Alec burns RNs in the arena until I get a levelup that's at least +STR/SPD/DEF and any 1 other stat except Magic (given Dew's already slightly stat screwed). These very liberal requirements mean about 70% of levelups will fit... so of course it takes around 7 tries before one finally works ¬_¬.

Dew suckage asides, everyone else rushes to save Lachesis and her Paladins, which happens relatively easily. Noish, Midir, Fin, Cuan and Sigurd clear the enemy, with Lex who was sitting with Aira also getting in a hit or two. Cuan gets the Silver Lance, and Sigurd recruits Lachesis.

Edited by Cylon

Genealogy of Fala does this. Just switch around all the males and females. You'll still only have seven mothers (or now, fathers) to choose from, but same thing.

Unless what one actually wants to have is all the current fathers as the deciders and the seven mothers as the viers. That seems wonky to me though :/

Edited by Celice

The latter as I mentioned, could work in a slightly different way, or I guess it could do what you're suggesting. But that's just really a cosmetic change is all. Does Genealogy of Fala have like 15+ females in Gen 1 then?

Also first part of chapter 2 is in my last post.

Edited by Cylon

NAME	HP	STR	MAG	SKL	SPD	DEF	RES	LUK	BLOOD	SKILLS
Alvis	70+40	20	20+60	40	40	20	30	30	Fala+	Pursuit
Aida	70	20	40	30	30	10	30	20	-	Critical, Charge
Vaha	60	10	30	40	50	10	30	30	-	Pursuit, Nihil
Arden	70	50	10	20	20	40	10	10	-	Ambush, Big Shield
Olwen	50+20	10	30	30+30	40	10	20	50	Tordo-	Pursuit, Prayer
Tiltyu	50+40	10	30	30+60	30	10	30	50	Tordo+	Wrath
Selfina	70	30	10	30	40	30	10	30	-	Pursuit, Charge
Eda	50+40	30	20	40	20+60	30	20	20	Dain+	Continue, Critical
Machua	70	30	10	50	40	20	10	30	-	Ambush, Sol
Ethlin	50+20	20+10	20	20+10	30	20	20	10+10	Baldo-	Charisma, Critical
Fury	70	30	20	40	40	30	20	30	-	Pursuit, Critical
Sylvia	50+20	10	20+20	20	30	20	10+40	30+20	Blagi+	Life
Amalda	80	40	10	40	30	30	10	20	-	Pursuit, Elite
Adean	70+40	40	10	20	30	30	10	30+60	Ulir+	Continue, Charge
Lara	50	40	10	40	40	40	10	40	-	Steal
Diadora	40+30	10	10+60	20	20	10	10+60	20	Heim+	Continue, Nihil
								Lopto-

Azel	40+20	10	20+30	20	50	20	20	20	Fala-	Pursuit
Shanan	80+20	30	10	30+30	40	20	10	20	Odo-	Nihil, Astra
Elto	70+20	30+30	20	20	30	40	20	50	Hezul-	Pursuit, Luna
Trabant	70+20	50	20	20	20+30	50	10	10	Dain-	Nihil
Finn	70+20	30+10	10	40	30+10	30+10	10	50	Noba-	Pursuit, Prayer
Dew	50+20	30	30	30	30+30	30	40	40	Sety-	Sol, Bargain
Lex	70+20	40	10	20	20	20+30	10	20	Neir-	Ambush, Elite
Lango	70+40	50	10	20	30	20+60	20	10	Neir+	Wrath, Elite

Seems like it. Almost all changes are cosmetic in truth--the player just decides when they're something different.

Nodion to Heirhein: 6 turns

The cavalry rushes forward and generally has no problems dispatching of the armour knights and Ballistae. Aira and Jamka manage to catch up and get a kill for themselves, then everyone moves on towards Heirhein. Sigurd ended up getting the Return Ring... I'm not too fussed about that to be honest, I never really take advantage of the Return Ring anyway. I guess Patty might be good with it, but... meh.

Moving on to Heirhein, I take everyone down, and then have Jamka get the boss kill, taking the Barrier Ring. And just in time for Levin to be able to save that village.

Heirhein to Amphony: 11 turns

Heh, things kinda slowed down a little here...

People move north. By now Aideen had caught up, but Azel is so slow I sent him back, and Lachesis went with him to keep him company. Since I was a little out of position killing everything near Heirhein, I decided not to bait the armour knights and instead kill Voltz' unit first, since both together leads to silly amounts of attacks and makes recruiting Beowulf pretty tough. As it turns out I had to go through both together anyway since Beowulf hid himself in an awkward place and insisting on attacking the person most likely to ORKO him, so he needed to be recruited sooner rather than later. Voltz was taken down by Noish - I wanted to give the Elite Ring to Dew but with his AMAZING attack I wasn't able.

Meanwhile Levin saved the villages with Sylvia's help, and Ethlin was sent to the villages to return them. This might have been a mistake as it left me with only one healer, and lots of people getting hurt (I think I had at least 3 people at <5 HP by the time I killed Macbeth). It worked out okay though, Ethlin picked up the Bargain Bracelet, probably Levin would be a better choice but... meh. Dew actually managed to pick up the Macbeth kill, which means coupled with his avoid and now pretty decent defence (5+5) means he might well survive on the frontline.

Levin and Sylvia haven't quite attempted the arena yet. They will do soon, but as it currently stood Levin would get a shocking pair of levelups if he did it immediately (Nothing first level, +HP +SPD second (and Levin doesn't care about getting speed). Neither has Beowulf. Lachesis will be sent in again soon, I'm confident she can get further than she has already (she's on round 4 I think). Also, Ardan picked up the pursuit ring.

Amphony to Mackily: 9 turns

Ah, that's better, much faster. I sent Midir to help with the Villages, since I suspected I'd want to send Ethlin back. Meanwhile Sigurd actually used the Return ring, since asides from Levin and Sylvia wanting to talk to him, with Silvia dancing him it was actually quicker anyway, surprisingly, even counting the turn the return ring was used.

Otherwise, everyone simply moved out etc. Deirdre moved out of the castle (now she's capped MDF and near capping MAG, she doesn't actually gain much, and I realised Warp gives 60 exp not 85 per use, which meant she levelled a lot slower than I calculated) along with Alec, who she still warped back a few times. When it came to fighting, Lachesis' Paladins got in the way, as normal, and since I want the Knight Ring I didn't want to just leave them to die. So that got slightly annoying, since at one point they completely blocked the path (taking up all three 1 and 2 range places you can attack that Knight from) and were imminently going to get put to sleep. A restart and faster play stopped them completely blocking things up, and from there the enemy fell quite easily (with Azel and Deirdre overlevelled, the Ballistae aren't even a threat - Dierdre was 4HKOed by them!

What was really useful, though, was having Ethlin and Midir on the ledge. Up there is a GREAT attack spot - since the path is so thin they can attack every turn, and they have pretty good offence. And the great thing is Midir doesn't even need to come back down, since there's enemies she can hit right up until near the end of the chapter (at which point there's only 3 Ballistae and Shagall left, so that's not even a loss). I think Midir is always going to the villages for me.

Levin recruited Fury, who killed the armour knight and is now moving towards Mackily to meet her future husband. Dew and Sylvia have started building love, so have Azel and Lachesis. Sigurd got the boss kill for the Sleep staff because Eva overextended himself like a BOSS and would have likely been killed by a Ballista on the next turn - otherwise Deirdre could have reasonably gotten it.

Edited by Cylon