(FE7) Tactician Stars Draft

Radiant Dragon

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we have to use a ROM? Preferably, I'd use my DS and I could just take pics with my DSI to verify star counts chapter-by-chapter.

This would be fine, but is there a way to find out how many stars you get per chapter? We're not talking about the stars you see when you view the Tactician's data.

Are you talking about measuring the difference between star rankings for each chapter or something? Like seeing improvements or declines from chapter to chapter? If that's the case, I'm willing to do enough photos lol.

Are you talking about measuring the difference between star rankings for each chapter or something? Like seeing improvements or declines from chapter to chapter? If that's the case, I'm willing to do enough photos lol.

Each chapter has it's own Tactics/Funds/EXP etc. requirements for 5/4/3/2/1 stars. At the end of the game, in the battle records in the upper right hand corner, it shows how many stars you got during the playthrough. That's the number we're going for here.

i just have two questions.

1) how many rounds are there?

2) can we go over the rules in more detail before the draft?

1) Each participant will pick 7 characters, if that's what you wanted to know.

2) Of course, ask any questions you need.

also i dont know ROM's at all, do we need to delete our data somehow if we've beaten HNM before?

If you don't have access to an emulator, deleting your save data is probably the only way to see how many stars you receive.

i just want to go over the general rules. I get drafting obviously, and i understand some of the restrictions, but what about chapters that require you to use a character u did not draft, like the final chapter with Lyn, Eliwood, and Nils, althohg Nils is free. Do you just unequip them and put them in a corner?

Oh and when will the draft be held.

Edited by noheartx

i just want to go over the general rules. I get drafting obviously, and i understand some of the restrictions, but what about chapters that require you to use a character u did not draft, like the final chapter with Lyn, Eliwood, and Nils, althohg Nils is free. Do you just unequip them and put them in a corner?

Oh and when will the draft be held.

Yes, you should leave any undrafted units away from the enemies so they are not targeted. Early on before you have access to battle prep. this may be difficult, so I recommend not unequiping your undrafted units (enemies will generally prefer to attack Matthew than Oswin for example, unless Oswin can't fight back).

The drafting starts whenever The Thief's Assassin makes his first pick.

Ok, we can start, I'll take Dorcas as a side note, i cant find a way to clear the data, would is be ok to show a picture of the stats before, to show proof for later?

To clear the data, hold right (on the directional pad), the L button and Select when you start the game. Note that this erases everything (battle history, support libraries, sound room, game saves etc.), so I recommend using an emulator if you can.

i cant believe neither of you took my boy Canas. Definitly going with him.

oh and a quick question, how do i use the save file you put up. i downloaded it, put it in my FERom folder, but it wont work.

Edited by noheartx

Well, Tactics should go up to 5, Survival and Combat should stay at 5, EXP will probably go down to 1 or maybe 2. Not sure on Funds.

Of course, if the game determines the 'best' playthrough by stars, then I have no idea what would happen.