I need help in Final Fantasy IV.

I don't know because I don't remember FF4 because I repressed the memories.

It's dat moon and its sexy pudding monsters, innit?

Anyway, IIRC, you can fight him as soon as you liberate Baron in the eastern tower, although I would highly suggest against fighting him until you get the Lunar Whale and have everyone in your team.

Odin is weak to Thunder, cast Thundaga on him.

In order to challenge Bahamut you need to have Leviathan,not Odin.

EDIT: If you're asking how to fight Odin in the first place, you need to visit the land of the summoned monsters first.

Edited by Charpig

Thanks! I forgot to say that I have the DS version. I thought you needed to do something with the Eidolons, I'm not sure what Bahamont says if you didn't earn the trust of the Eidolon king. And also, how do you forge weapons? On Youtube, Cecil has a blue looking sword like the Lustrous Sword. Don't want to get murdered on the final boss.

Leviathan is in a room accessed by a warp tile in the lowest floor of the library in the Feymarch. You first need to defeat Ashura, found in the same room.

For Excalibur, in the first area of the Feymarch, there is a discolored tile that warps you to a room with chests. One contains the Rat's Tail. Bring it to the miner in the cave near Mythirl (you need the Hovercraft), and exchange it for the Adamantium. Then, give it to Kokkol in the Underworld before heading to the Moon for the first time. You'll need to wait until after heading back to Earth to pick up the sword.

In itself, the sword has good stats, and you're still slightly far from his most powerful sword. So yeah, it's worth it.

Oh, so it was for... nevermind then...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Excalibur is actually a bad weapon to use in the final dungeon. Most enemies there are resistant to holy damage, and Excalibur just so happens to be a holy elemental weapon. You'd be better off giving Kain and Cecil the Defender sword, a Poison Axe, or a Rune Axe if you can be bothered to steal one. Also note that Kain and Cecil's ultimate weapons are also holy elemental, so you're probably better off not using them until the final battle.

Remembering all four of my runthroughs (SNES, PSx, GBA and DS, yeah, I'm that hardcore), unless you're into grinding for .5% drop rate items, the final dungeon WILL be a pain no matter how you take it on. Then again, it could just be me sucking at FFIV like I've been told.. make sure to Stardust (can buy at the item shop at the moon for an absurd price) spam the enemies, that's how I got through!

Remembering all four of my runthroughs (SNES, PSx, GBA and DS, yeah, I'm that hardcore), unless you're into grinding for .5% drop rate items, the final dungeon WILL be a pain no matter how you take it on. Then again, it could just be me sucking at FFIV like I've been told.. make sure to Stardust (can buy at the item shop at the moon for an absurd price) spam the enemies, that's how I got through!

Its not a pain, paralyze/stop/slow your enemies. It makes everything so much easy and saves the stardust for the flan princesses