Duel Terminal Mafia

eclipse

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. . .what in the hell. . .

We've got another vote majority? However, it's kinda close to phase end anyway. . .soo. . .

UNLESS SOMETHING SUPER-DRASTIC HAPPENS, SNIKE GETS HIMSELF LYNCHED AT 3:15 PM HST. I HAVE A LIFE TOO, Y'KNOW.

Announcement #2: I have some things that need to be done. Phase ends at 3:15 PM or whenever I get back, whichever happens second.

solidixsnike: Who gave you the idea of a scripted recruitment?

Because

me: I gave myself it

solidixsnike: OK

so then

me: None of the mafias we've killed are recruiters

solidixsnike: You're accusing me of being mafia since Day 1

Yes

and

me: No I'm not

I'm saying you were recruited

but not via night action

solidixsnike: Ah.

As in

me: akin to how Obviam and myself were converted from our original roles

solidixsnike: scripted/unblockable?

me: Yeah

solidixsnike: so

X dies

and then

ah

I just got home

me: My theory is that you had Obviam's pretty litle head dropped on your desk.

solidixsnike: ...

OK, so, I think I've been had

That is exactly what happened

##Unvote

##Vote: Rein

I'll grant you your last chance, at the very least.

After much arguing, the last four could not agree on whether to lynch the Mist Valley Thunder Lord or X-Saber Pashuul. Time ran out, and Catastor slowly turned between the two who were tied for the lynch. With certainty, it aimed for the Thunder Lord. Enraged, the condemned made a last desperate grab, and both he and X-Saber Pashuul were enveloped in the light.

Flamvell Uruquizas and the Dewdark of the Ice Barrier stood in shock for a second. Then, the Dewdark ran up behind the Uruquizas and cleanly broke his neck. Catastor sighed. How did it end like this?

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE DEWDARK OF THE ICE BARRIER (HAZE THE SERIAL KILLER) FOR WINNING DUEL TERMINAL MAFIA!

The last four role PMs and postgame coming up~!

So what the hell happened there?

Snike happened.

Dear Snike,

wTcOx.jpg

You are Mist Valley Thunder Lord. You aren't the easiest to summon, but if you pull off your effect, you can beat up most monsters you encounter in a battle. Despite what your image may suggest, you will always lose in a fight against Ally of Justice Catastor.

Your effect turns you into the biggest, baddest thing to walk out of Mist Valley, so the first night action that targets you will fail. All other night actions aimed at you that night will succeed.

You are allied with the town. You win if all threats to the town have been eliminated.

You are allied with your mafia. You win if you defeat all threats to your mafia.

If you are part of a lynch tie, you will automatically lose, and kill everyone you're tied with.

Which meant that Rein died with him.

Dear Reinfleche,

kbXcd.jpg

You are X-Saber Pashuul. Your Attack is laughable. Your effect is not, especially the "hit your master over the head for 1000 damage" part. Regardless, you see use in X-Saber decks.

Your effect allows you to survive one night kill. If this ability is invoked, you will not be allowed to post in the main thread the next day, because you need to nurse your wounds.

You are allied with the town. You win if all threats to the town have been eliminated.

That left Kevin

Dear Levity Kevin,

OmgdD.jpg

You are Flamvell Uruquizas. You don't start out with a lot of Attack, but it doesn't take much before your own effect pumps you up to something better. You are the answer to annoyances like Marshmallon.

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Kick <USER>!" You will aim a flaming kick at <USER>. <USER> will be able to evade the kick, but you'll get a glimpse at their role PM. The only thing you'll remember is their role.

and Haze, whose effing protection kicked in one last time to cancel WoMC's final action:

Dear Haze,

cR3x0.jpg

You are Dewdark of the Ice Barrier. You're a pretty cool guy who becomes a terror when combined with a few of your fellow Ice Barrier denizens and Wetlands. Putting you together with the Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier is just asking for pain. (BTW, the Cryomancer's chillin' back at home, so you may want to use this to your advantage)

You have a mission, but you're unsure if you're in the right place. For now, you are content to stay in the shadows and let events unfold around you. From your vantage point, you can see that there are no hidden players in this game.

During the night, you MUST respond to your role PM with "Night X - Eliminate <USER>". <USER> will die. If you fail to PM me a name, you won't live to see the next day.

You are good at keeping yourself hidden in the shadows. As such, any night action that targets you has a 50% chance of failing.

You are allied with yourself. You win if everyone else is dead.

You all deserve a postgame, so gimme a bit to finish typing stuff before I post it~!

The spreadsheet I had before I died: Link

RD should have died a lot sooner. ;/

Kay, DON'T LEAVE SHIT OUT WHEN YOU'RE TOWN.

Raymond, your role was TERRIBLE for you because it was mafia in almost every way. I already whined about that on your profile page though, haha.

JB...don't take so damn long to claim next time. It's a SUPAR SUSPICIOUS~

RD should have died a lot sooner. ;/

I may have been able to survive for even longer had I told Snike that Proto incriminating me wasn't a problem. Bussing me was a terrible idea since I was already so suspicious.

I may have been able to survive for even longer had I told Snike that Proto incriminating me wasn't a problem. Bussing me was a terrible idea since I was already so suspicious.

Define bus. I would've had you lynched regardless of my alignment come Day 3. After that Watcher claim.

Define bus. I would've had you lynched regardless of my alignment come Day 3. After that Watcher claim.

There were a multitude of switching roles; one of them could've been lynched to buy us some time.

There were a multitude of switching roles; one of them could've been lynched to buy us some time.

Then I'd get lynched. Also, as far as I knew, you claimed to proto as cop, and you managed to have two actions.

First, spreadsheet:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag8tkecgvXeAdFl5S1ZuTVBJcC1XRnVDVW0tQ1BiQkE&hl=en_US

Second, core concepts:

1. The mafia started out disproportionately small. The SK didn't know that they were SK, and there were two potential sleeper mafia members.

2. Priorities were made so that all actions would clearly be pass/fail. Even then, you guys managed to put me in a few weird situations.

3. Priorities were hidden so that the town would have a chance of winning after Day 4.

4. Everyone had a good chunk of public information and a tiny bit of private information. The town needed to talk to each other and determine which actions failed. Using what they knew of their own priorities, they should've figured out that something was fishy (especially when virtually every action that targeted Haze failed).

5. Stupid assumptions would be made, and broken. I didn't realize just how tightly some of you held on to them. . .

Now, the good and the bad, starting with the good:

- Kaoz immediately started talking to people. Sho followed a bit later. Anouleth, much later.

- Haze did a decent job faking his ability.

- JB did an excellent job faking his role.

- For the one lynch he had control of, Obviam did a decent job of scumhunting.

- Proto tracked the right person on N2.

- Kay got two awesome results.

- Snike came to the correct (initial) conclusion on D3.

- RD did a good job leveraging the fakeclaim in his role PM.

- Rein was smart enough to figure out how to get around his silence.

- Haze did the best job of reading everything, which saved Proto for a day.

- Snike did a better job convincing everyone that he wasn't mafia, due to his ability (which Haze figured out, almost too late).

- The one time Strawman used his ability on his own, it was hilarious.

- Haze learned reading comprehension, and figured out almost everything he needed to on the final day.

- WoMC used his beyond death action correctly.

- Snike finally decided to see what "lynch tie conditional" meant.

The bad:

- Deadtalking. Far too many of you were guilty of that.

- Thank goodness the mafia didn't target Snike N1, or he would've died.

- The Day 3 lynch. EVERYTHING was in place, and somehow RD escaped.

- People were suspicious of Snike, but no one stepped up to organize something against him.

- Snike was suspicious of Haze, but never got around to lynching him.

- Several of you chose to follow the leader rather than think things out for yourselves.

- Obviam didn't know what STFU meant, so he lost any hope of winning.

- Too many assumptions. Whenever you go into a game, let go of everything except your role PM and the stated rules. Do not assume anything about the core of the game, or unnecessary things will happen (like the whole mafia mail thing).

- Perhaps I was too subtle about fakeclaiming, but THREE of you were given hints to fakeclaim, and only one had an idea that those names were provided specifically for a fakeclaim.

- Priorities were really, REALLY important (as I specifically hid them), yet the two people with priority-affecting roles didn't use their abilities much.

- RAYMOND!!!! NOOO!!!

Individual profiles coming in a bit.

Which is how I managed to convince him his results were wrong.

Well, I don't know how you managed to do that, but that gives me respect points for you. Not so much for Proto.

- Deadtalking. Far too many of you were guilty of that.

This is seriously not as big of a deal as you make it. No one was unable to hide my posts from view using the board's system and it didn't affect the gameplay at all. Quit whining so fucking much, all of you.

- The Day 3 lynch. EVERYTHING was in place, and somehow RD escaped.

orly

- People were suspicious of Snike, but no one stepped up to organize something against him.

"yarly"

you guys are baa, baa baaaaaaad about sheeping.

- Snike was suspicious of Haze, but never got around to lynching him.

How is this a bad thing?!

- Several of you chose to follow the leader rather than think things out for yourselves.

This is like the third time you mentioned it. This is way worse than deadtalking. Playing stupid out of negligence should be a punishable offense.

People get banned from mafia on GameWinners for inactivity. Consistent sheeping is typically considered inactivity.

- Obviam didn't know what STFU meant, so he lost any hope of winning.

Everyone here knows how biased you are. You can't just say "I don't like you, you lose." I mean, you did anyway, but no sane person would have acknowledged that.

- Too many assumptions. Whenever you go into a game, let go of everything except your role PM and the stated rules.

- Do not assume anything about the core of the game, or unnecessary things will happen (like the whole mafia mail thing).

It helps if people tell the truth if they're trying to help the town and are townies...

- Perhaps I was too subtle about fakeclaiming, but THREE of you were given hints to fakeclaim, and only one had an idea that those names were provided specifically for a fakeclaim.

Yeah that's not how that works. Townie fakeclaims are stupid if they change flavor; at least some part of it needs to be true if not all of it. I was originally a townie and Snike was too.

- Priorities were really, REALLY important (as I specifically hid them), yet the two people with priority-affecting roles didn't use their abilities much.

Yet with priorities being italicized but information about roles that affected them not being italicized all kinds of "you're going to be modkilled for talking about this" moments popped up that just really didn't need to. Hell, someone could have fakeclaimed a priority affecting role and accidentally or purposely gotten someone else or themselves modkilled from trying to figure out how to use it. This isn't like in Death Note Mafia where the flavor heavily implied Excellen legitimately needed to be quiet and that I wasn't just holding Life's hand (although I kind of did, I admit).

- RAYMOND!!!! NOOO!!!

The role he got has to be one of the worst townie roles I've ever seen, given the context. Mafia flavor? Daytime when all other roles are night roles? Coroner, something that requires information only the mafia would have to accurately fakeclaim?

Seriously, what kind of luck does Raymond have to get roles like these which shouldn't exist to begin with?

Alright, here's everyone, by group. Some groups had a loose theme; others had a stronger one.

[spoiler=Flamvell - Town Essentials I]They were the watcher and role checker. Fairly basic stuff.

Kay - lynched Day 3

Dear Kay,

1H6IE.jpg

You are Flamvell Archer. Your initial stats are disappointing for one with as much muscle as you. Once you use your effect, you're a little more forgivable. You appear on another card, and you look absolutely silly on that card.

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Looking at <USER>" You will keep your eyes on user, and at the end of the night, you'll know who visited <USER>. Your action priority is 19.

Kay did exactly as she was told, but was a tad terse about giving Obviam her N1 results. As a result, he thought she was scummy. After the N2 fiasco involving RD, Snike decided to believe RD over Kay, and had her lynched. If she had been able to reach the thread in time, she might have had a chance to defend herself, but she came in right after she was lynched.

She didn't talk much, and that's not how OC is played. In an OC game, try to find a few people to talk to! It's better than no one!

As a postgame note, she noticed that there were 19 priorities, so wondered if there was a hidden player. Priority 16 was the mafia kill, which is why there was an extra spot.

Levity/Kevin - died Night 7 (Dewdark)

Dear Levity Kevin,

OmgdD.jpg

You are Flamvell Uruquizas. You don't start out with a lot of Attack, but it doesn't take much before your own effect pumps you up to something better. You are the answer to annoyances like Marshmallon.

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Kick <USER>!" You will aim a flaming kick at <USER>. <USER> will be able to evade the kick, but you'll get a glimpse at their role PM. The only thing you'll remember is their role. Your action priority is 15.

Levity was fairly quiet and followed orders, but had horrid luck during the first two nights. She ran into Snike on the first night, then Haze negated her on the second night. She finally got results from WoMC and Rein, and then Kevin took over. Kevin did quite a bit of talking and questioning. Like Sho, he also said a bit too much at times (like Anouleth's role). Unlike Sho, he didn't doubt that he was voting for mafia. Due to his late start time, and the fact that he played exactly as the town should've, he shares town MVP.

[spoiler=Genex - Town Essentials II]They were the tracker and doctor. Again, more basics.

Proto - died Night 5 (Worm Ugly)

Dear Proto,

5poCW.jpg

You are Genex Worker. You are always doing whatever your master wishes you to do. Usually, it's "show up on the field and be sacrificed".

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Follow <USER>" You'll do whatever it takes to follow <USER> around at night. Once the night is over, you'll see who <USER> visited. Your action priority is 17.

His role was a rather standard one. He had all the pieces to lynch RD on Day 3, but instead decided that someone had messed with his results. He did get the hint when I told him that if he wanted to figure out why his results were wonky, he should talk to others. . .by others, it meant only Snike/Obviam. I think he could've done better if he'd made an effort to talk to everyone (especially Anouleth, after seeing that Anouleth failed to meet with his target, and someone explicitly stating that Obviam had two protective roles on him).

Anouleth - died Night 6 (Dewdark)

Dear Anouleth,

UCJ7m.jpg

You are Genex Doctor. You've got some fairly impressive Attack for your level. Your effect is hardly befitting of your name.

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Pay a visit to <USER>" You will go to <USER>, and if <USER> would be killed, you will see to it that <USER> is not. You may choose to visit yourself once during the game. Your action priority is 9.

At first, did a whole lot of nothing. He started talking to people about midgame, but poked Levity a little too hard, which made her ask for a sub. Haze convinced him to visit himself, then killed him. I don't think Haze realized that he outprioritized the doctor. . .

[spoiler=Ice Barrier - The Ties That Bind]Trishula was central to this group. If either Grunard or Raiho died while Trishula was alive, then Trishula would've been the Serial Killer, with the Dewdark being a vigilante whose goal was to kill Trishula. If Trishula died, the Dewdark would become the Serial Killer. Guess which path this game took?

Kaoz - died Night 1 (Worm Zero)

This is Kaoz's BASE role PM.

Dear Kaoz,

vUwAI.jpg

You are Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier. You are the true Dragon of the Ice Barrier, unlike Brionac and Gungnir who are back at the Ice Barrier. You are an extremely useful monster, but you may not want everyone else to know that.

Since something is holding you back, the only information you were able to gain is that all the players are part of the following archetypes: Ice Barrier, Flamvell, Worm, X-Saber, Mist Valley, Fabled, and Genex. Your action priority is indeterminate.

If you are part of a lynch tie, you will lose, but you have a 50% chance of killing each person you are tied with.

He immediately went out and talked to several people. Unfortunately, one of them was Paperblade. Once Paper saw Kaoz hunting for info, he suggested the mafia kill him. . .which they did. This irritated me for several reasons. First, Kaoz was the ONLY ONE to ask if the mention of Brionac and Gungnir was there for fakeclaiming (which it was). Second, he had a role capable of filtering through fake PMs. If he had survived, the mafia wouldn't have been able to hide as easily as it did. Lastly, he never got his proper role. Had one of Sho or Bal died before him, he would've received his true role PM, outlined below.

The seal holding you in check has been broken! You are free to destroy all that stand in your way!

Your role has changed to the following:

During the night, you MUST respond to your role PM with "Night X - Turn my wrath on <USER>". <USER> will bear witness to why you were sealed by the people of the Ice Barrier. Unfortunately for <USER>, this will also be the last thing they see. In the afterlife, they can brag about being killed by a dragon strong enough to destroy the world, so it's fair! If you do not give me a target by the time the night's over, you will no longer be able to kill. Your action priority is 8.

Only those who are strong of heart will dare to approach you. In other words, any night action that targets you has a 50% chance of failing.

Your win condition has changed to:

The RNG dictated that Haze would be the one that was most affected by Trishula, which in retrospect is hilarious.

Kaoz received this role solely because I figured he'd have the best shot of figuring out who the serial killer was based on flavor (it would've said something about the world being on the brink of destruction). Though he sat out on the sidelines, he seemed to have a pretty good grasp of what was going on. Thanks for talking~!

I wonder how he'd do as a serial killer. . .

Balcerzak - died Night 3 (Worm Zero)

Dear Balcerzak,

K15av.jpg

You are General Grunard of the Ice Barrier. Your enormous sword is strapped to your back. Certain cards make you very easy to summon, and should be a part of most self-respecting Ice Barrier decks. You remind eclipse of Radd as a General.

Due to your sheer awesomeness, your vote during the day counts as two. Your action priority is 18.

If you are part of a lynch tie, you will automatically win the first tie.

He started looking for claims early, but got busy later. He died because Haze was a lucky bastard and negated WoMC's drive. His role would've been extremely powerful come lategame. He got a priority because I felt like putting a joke one in there.

Sho.M - died Night 4 (Dewdark)

Dear Sho.M.the.Money,

xwZkA.jpg

You are General Raiho of the Ice Barrier. The fan you hold is a weapon in your hands. Your effect is meant to be a detriment, but that's not always the case.

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Throw fan at <USER>". You will knock out <USER>, which will protect them from all other night actions. However, they'll be so confused that they won't be able to take part in the next day's lynch. Hitting yourself over the head is silly, so don't do it. Your action priority is 12.

If you are part of a lynch tie, you will automatically win the first tie.

He talked a lot, which was the entire point of the game. However, he said far too much to far too many people, which made him seem scummy. His scumhunting skills need a lot of work, as do his skills regarding "who do I claim what to, and where".

For getting the general concept of the game down (which is to do as much talking as possible and form your own damn opinions), he shares town MVP. His scumhunting may have been horrid, but it was far better than the jack squat the great majority of the town was doing.

Haze - WON

Dear Haze,

cR3x0.jpg

You are Dewdark of the Ice Barrier. You're a pretty cool guy who becomes a terror when combined with a few of your fellow Ice Barrier denizens and Wetlands. Putting you together with the Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier is just asking for pain. (BTW, the Cryomancer's chillin' back at home, so you may want to use this to your advantage)

You have a mission, but you're unsure if you're in the right place. For now, you are content to stay in the shadows and let events unfold around you. From your vantage point, you can see that there are no hidden players in this game.

During the night, you MUST respond to your role PM with "Night X - Eliminate <USER>". <USER> will die. If you fail to PM me a name, you won't live to see the next day. Your action priority is 8.

You are good at keeping yourself hidden in the shadows. As such, any night action that targets you has a 50% chance of failing.

50% my ass. Haze negated EVERY SINGLE ACTION THAT TARGETED HIM (did you bribe random.org or something?) He slowly figured things out, including the fact that the kill flavors meant something, and that Snike was recruited via story, not ability. He was able to hide as a vigilante for almost the entire game, and all attempts to verify this failed (and no one questioned why this happened). For playing smart, and winning with what was easily the hardest role in the game, Haze gets game MVP!

[spoiler=X-Sabers - Kill Resistant]The X-Sabers, if they used their abilities, could withstand one night kill each. Rein's was used in a silly manner; Wen's was used correctly.

Wen Yang - died Night 5 (Dewdark)

Dear Wen Yang,

xD07c.png

You are X-Saber Anu Piranha. You're the only known female X-Saber. Though you have no direct effect, you've got decent stats, and--

"HEY!"

Get lost, I'm trying to type out flavor text.

"I wanna take part in this game!"

No, you can't.

"I WANNA I WANNA I WANNA!"

Shut up!

"I'm not leaving until you replace that airhead with me!"

Anu Piranha stays, but she'll get your effect. Fair?

"Oh, fine. Next time, I wanna join!"

NO!

Your younger self/younger sibling/evil twin won't leave me alone unless I do this, so your role is outlined below. A cookie if you guess who was arguing with me.

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Use this imposter's effect on <USER>" Your effect will redirect all actions on <USER> to you. You will survive the first night kill you redirect in this way. You may not redirect things to yourself, because that makes no sense. Your action priority is 10.

He started talking, then stopped. Generally followed orders, and managed to use his ability to save Proto from death on Night 4. Nearly got himself modkilled for asking a question regarding priorities in chat on the first day, but was otherwise quiet. Talk more~!

He never did guess who made those random comments in his role PM. . .

Rein - died Day 7 (Thunder Lord)

Dear Reinfleche,

kbXcd.jpg

You are X-Saber Pashuul. Your Attack is laughable. Your effect is not, especially the "hit your master over the head for 1000 damage" part. Regardless, you see use in X-Saber decks.

Your effect allows you to survive one night kill. If this ability is invoked, you will not be allowed to post in the main thread the next day, because you need to nurse your wounds. Your action priority is 7.

Slightly restricted BP whose silence only counted in the game thread. He was smart enough to figure out that he could channel his voice through Haze, which he did. This got RD lynched. He also figured out that Snike was the final mafia member. I kinda wish he'd talked to more people. You're not as bad as you think you are!

[spoiler=Mist Valley - Fickle Alliances]These two started as town, but could switch to the mafia. The Thunder Lord did so by story; the Falcon either had to name a mafia member as his boss, or name his boss and survive to D4. Luckily for the town, Obviam died before the story portion hit.

Obviam - died Night 2 (Worm Zero)

Dear Obviam,

AFCv4.jpg

You are Mist Valley Falcon. For your level, you have quite impressive Attack. Your effect, which was supposed to be a detriment, allows for some very abusive combos. You are a part of this game because eclipse wanted to summon a trap.

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with. . .uhh. . .it seems that you've lost your role PM. You're pretty sure your boss has a spare copy of it, but you need to find him first. During the night, you MUST respond to your role PM with "Night X - Is <USER> my boss?" You get the feeling that if you fail to do this, something VERY BAD will happen. You also know that the longer you slack, the angrier your boss will get. Your action has a priority of 14.

What I didn't tell Obviam was that there were about nine people with his role PM. This is what he would've found if he named any one of them:

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Attack <USER>." You will attempt to attack <USER>, but since you need to return something to your hand, and you don't have any other cards on your side of the field, your attack will fail. Before you hit yourself with your own effect, you will see <USER>'s flavor text. Your action has a priority of 14.

Here's the full spread of who he could've contacted, and what would've happened:

- Finds boss (Snike) - Will follow boss' loyalties (which means this person will side with the mafia starting from D4).

- Finds mafia (RD, JB, or Paperblade) - Will side with the mafia to save his skin.

- Boss dies before D4 - Will get real role and side with the town.

- Finds one of five specific townies (Sho, Wen, Rein, Bal, Haze) - Will side with the town; boss has 50% chance of seeing this person's true night result (as long as boss is alive).

- SK is revealed - Will get real role and side with the town, because running around without a purpose is bad in such a situation, m'kay?

- Does not give me a name - Dies the next day.

- None of the above - Dies on D4.

This game was impossible to balance precisely because Obviam's loyalty was uncertain. If he recruited to the mafia early, they'd have an extra person (who was good at being mafia). If he recruited to the town, he'd give them an awesome ability. I gave Obviam this role becuase he was fairly good at keeping himself alive, so I figured he'd be able to get his role before dying.

Being the awesome analytic he is, he named Snike on N1, which meant that he got his role on D2. He (correctly) claimed to Snike, then went about leading the town. His actions were meant to test certain roles and loyalties, while trying to minimize damage. However, he made the grave mistake of asking Strawman which way he set someone's priority. This was AFTER I yelled at him for hinting at his own priority in chat a couple days earlier. I was tempted to modkill them both on the spot, but then RD asked a question regarding JB's role. Since Obviam learned something about Strawman's role that he shouldn't have (namely, Strawman outprioritizes Paperblade), I told the mafia that if JB drove the mafia kill, the mafia kill priority would be raised. Fittingly, they took advantage of this to priority drive the mafia kill on Obviam.

I liked the fact that Obviam was willing to explain why he had certain people do certain things (for example, telling Haze why he wanted Raymond dead). He also did a decent job of organizing things into a spreadsheet. However, I did not like the fact that I had to threaten to modkill him on several occasions, and. . .

Kay

The town leader acting like a condescending jerk and going way out of line insulting people.

One can lead without being a whiny jackass. Obviam's stinky attitude and willingness to bend/break rules are the reasons why he's not town MVP. This, too:

Mazda

anyway I don't want to brag but if you'll notice I was mafia in unicycle and there, mafia won; this game is supposedly structured similarly and here your whining would hint to me that the town is winning, and I happen to be a townie

Mazda

if the team I am on happens to be the one winning maybe it's not a balance issue but a who-has-Hextator issue

The reason why it looked like he was doing so well was because he was leading the town when the mafia was at a serious numerical disadvantage (14/2, to be exact). That's not something to brag about.

Despite his great intelligence, it didn't occur to Obviam that NOT listening to the mod would have consequences. In his case, it prevented him from winning and getting the MVP he seemed to want.

Snike - lynched Day 7

Dear Snike,

wTcOx.jpg

You are Mist Valley Thunder Lord. You aren't the easiest to summon, but if you pull off your effect, you can beat up most monsters you encounter in a battle. Despite what your image may suggest, you will always lose in a fight against Ally of Justice Catastor.

Your effect turns you into the biggest, baddest thing to walk out of Mist Valley, so the first night action that targets you will fail. All other night actions aimed at you that night will succeed. Your action has a priority of 1.

You are allied with your mafia. You win if you defeat all threats to your mafia.

You know the Mist Valley Shaman is back at Mist Valley, and you know that advertising your strength might be a bad thing. If you are part of a lynch tie, you will automatically lose, and kill everyone you're tied with.

Broken as hell? Of course. The Mist Valley Thunder Lord was set to defect on Day 4, and the only thing that would stop this is if he was dead. Obviam's death gave me a cool story idea, which I wrote out.

As a town leader, Snike made some interesting decisions, but wasn't very talktative about why he decided what he did. Once he changed sides, he didn't read Wen's ability correctly, which saved Proto for a night. Rein was eventually suspicious of him, but Snike and Haze decided to attempt to tie the lynch. This ended the game. I found him to be quite amusing, and it looks like I got to kill him yet again. You'll get your turn soon enough, Snike~!

Snike got this role because I figured he'd have a good chance of playing both sides well, which he did. Tee-hee~!

[spoiler=Fableds - Once More Beyond The Grave]The Fableds had gimmicky abilities that could be used exactly once after they died. StSS didn't bother; WoMC nearly won it for the town.

Strawman the Sawman Shaman - lynched Day 5

Dear Strawman,

hrDem.jpg

You are Fabled Kushano. You are like the unholy merging of Honest, Kozaky, Vincent Valentine, and some heart-shaped sunglasses. In Duel Terminal, you are seen adjusting your awesome glasses. You do your best work from the Graveyard.

During the night, you may reply to your role PM with "Night X - <USER> go <number>!" <USER>'s priority will be set to <number>, where <number> is a number between 1 and 20. You don't see the point in using this ability on yourself. Your action priority is 3.

Strawman landed a very powerful town role - it's the one role that cannot be held completely accountable to the town leader. Obviam asked him a question he was better off not answering, but he answered (this put me in a situation where I either confirm Strawman's role, or modkill both of them for not paying attention to the rules. I opted for the former. I wound up giving a tongue-lashing to both of them, and later told Snike what Strawman could report back, which was only his target.

He also had the ability to use his role once more after death (as did the other Fabled, WoMC). It's a pity that Strawman kept quiet and only followed orders. He was one of the few that could've had Snike night-killed as mafia (target Snike, then have Haze kill Snike).

WoMC - died Night 6 (Mist Valley Thunder Lord)

Dear WoMC,

YCD6j.jpg

You are Fabled Lurrie. Your stats are horribly unimpressive. Your effect triggers if you're discarded under ANY circumstances, which means you make Phoenix Wing Wind Blast and the like absolutely AMAZING.

During the night, you may reply to your role PM with "Night X - Working mischief on <USER1> and <USER2>" All effects that would target <USER1> will hit <USER2>, and vice versa. Your action priority is 6.

Did more sheeping than thinking, which eventually got him killed. Drew out one night phase because he didn't bother telling me that he was idling. I silenced him for a day phase because he posted right after I said not to (if it's near phase end, please don't post). The one post he did make that involved suspicion, he was fairly on the dot.

He did send his post-death action, but Haze negated it ONE LAST TIME. Sorry, dude.

[spoiler=Worms - Mafia (almost)]Paperblade - lynched Day 2

Dear Paperblade,

g5QO8.jpg

You are Worm Erokin. You are one of the bigger Worms, and your effect is meant to help your allies. Like your buddy Worm Zero, you hate being turned face-down.

During each night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Turn <USER> face-down." You will use your effect to turn your target into face-down defense position, and any action they would have done during the night will fail. Pretend the limitations on your card do not exist. Your action has a priority of 4.

Obviam asked for everyone who had talked to Kaoz to come forward, which Paperblade did. Then, Paperblade claimed town hooker, which made Obviam very suspicious. Figuring he had very little to lose, he had Paperblade lynched. Even though Paper was eliminated early, he stuck around to give his buddies a hand - something that made me happy. What didn't make me happy was him telling Haze that RD was mafia. Since I couldn't punish Haze (as it wasn't his fault), RD got a very long addendum to his lynch condition. Luckily, I didn't need to use it.

Radiant Dragon - lynched Day 4

Dear Radiant Dragon,

IM4PX.jpg

You are Worm Zero. When the Worms combine, they get you, and it doesn't take much to turn you into a Reptilian Wrecking Ball. Too bad Forbidden Chalice ruins half your fun.

During each night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Disguising <something>." <something> can either be flavor or role. If anyone pries into your business, they will get parts of the following PM:

Dear Radiant Dragon,

03cL5.jpg

You are Flamvell Dragnov. You are a fire-breathing dragon in armor who desperately wishes that Scapegoat tokens were Fire monsters. Oh well, at least you pair well with Rekindling.

During each night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Flame <USER>". <USER> will tell you their alliance, on pain of being turned into a pile of charcoal. Your action has a priority of 5.

Your action has a priority of 5.

If you are part of a lynch tie, you will automatically win against other mafia players.

His role was meant to give him the best chance of hiding, but he claimed to have investigated Snike, which was a huge mistake. He managed to keep the lynch off of him for a day. Once Snike defected, he used RD as a lynch target to solidify his leadership in the town.

JB - lynched Day 6

Dear JBCWK,

w0qnw.jpg

You are Worm Ugly. Your job is to take up space on the opponent's side of the field. There might be a practical use for you, but I can't think of it.

During each night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Shuffling <USER1> with <USER2>". <USER1> and <USER2> will have their priorities switched. Your action has a priority of 2.

If you are part of a lynch tie, you have a 60% chance of losing the tie.

When the town got antsy about the Day 6 lynch, JB volunteered himself, in an effort to keep Snike clear. He used his role effectively all of once, and that was to priority drive the kill on Obviam. I hid priorities specifically because if JB ever got his hands on the priority list, the town would have no chance of winning. This was a horribly broken role, and the town should be glad that JB didn't want to experiment with it. Otherwise, JB did a fairly good job keeping quiet (though he didn't have a choice on a couple of days).

Raymond - died Night 2 (Dewdark)

Dear Raymond,

HizeX.jpg

You are Worm Millidith. Your job used to involve clinging to others, but you're no longer doing that because. . .oh dear, the rest of your role PM has been smudged so badly it's impossible to read. My apologies.

During the day, you may respond to your role PM with "Day X - Looking over the corpse of <USER>". <USER> must be someone who has died during a night, and has not been modkilled. Under certain circumstances, you will identify the role name of the one who killed <USER>. Otherwise, you might notice something about <USER>'s dead body that may have been missed the first time around. You will get your result at the end of the lynch, assuming you're still alive at the end of it. Your action priority is 11.

If you part of a lynch tie, you will automatically lose. If you are lynched, you will kill one random person. Stop lynching Raymond, you bastards.

I smudged out a large part of his PM intentionally. Here's what the flavor should've said:

You are Worm Millidith. Your job used to involve clinging to others, but you're no longer doing that because you have more urgent matters to attend to.

When the Worm Nebula crashed on this planet, you fell off and hit your head very hard. Once you came to, you found yourself in the middle of a strange world, with no memories of your previous experiences as a Worm. Unbeknownst to you, you had landed in Naturia Forest. The denizens were unsure of what to make of you at first, but after you helped fish the Naturia Ladybug out of a hole, they decided that you were a friend. When news of the Worm invasion reached you, a small part of your memory returned. You knew you had to stop them, lest they kill your newfound friends.

Everything about this role was a troll. It had the same archetype as the mafia, its role was a daytime one (as opposed to night), and it made everyone think this was a multifaction mafia game. In truth, Raymond's job was to sort out who the mafia killed, and who was killed by other means. As a result, if he chose to examine a player killed by the mafia, he'd get the role name back. If the player was killed by any other means, he wouldn't get a name, but he would get some clues as to who killed the person.

Obviam thought Raymond was scum (thanks to the Paperblade lynch), so he decided to have Haze kill Raymond, not taking the time to think that maybe, JUST MAYBE, not everyone that was a Worm was mafia. I'd like to think that if Raymond really was mafia, he'd be smart enough to NOT claim as a Worm. This was something that Levity should've checked and cleared.

Raymond's kill was bad on several levels. First, the town would no longer have a way of verifying who killed who. Second, Raymond would've received a huge hint about who the traitor was (by taking note of the fact that Worms usually don't behead people unless they intend on doing something important with the head). Lastly, it meant that I couldn't use the fun part of his effect - lynch bomb.

I learned of Raymond's tendancy to be night killed after he died. If I'd known that sooner. . .

MVPs and other silly awards:

Town MVP: Sho and Kevin

Mafia MVP: Radiant Dragon

Game MVP: Haze

Luckiest Bastard Award: Haze

Unluckiest Award: Levity and WoMC

Funniest Move Award: StSS speeding up Sho so the latter could knock the former over the head

Best Move Award: WoMC's final drive (swap Kevin and Haze)

Most Amusing: Ether, who managed to confuse EVERYONE in this thread. Runner-up to Snike for making me laugh on an otherwise shitty week.

Best Helper Award: Snike

Best damn quotes: See below

Sho.M.the.M...

ah so the leader is qualified by having huge dick?

Reinfleche

HEY KAOZ

My grandmother (when she read everyone's role PM):

Why would you claim if you're mafia? Wouldn't your win condition give it away?

Anouleth

Reinfleche's opinion: 23% meat content

JBCWK

I'M TIED UP, GAGGED AND ABOUT TO HAVE UNSPEAKABLE HORRORS DONE TO ME

Lagiacrus

lol

JBCWK

THAT'S WORSE

Snike

asdf the game exploded

Snike

But

Snike

Snike

I didn't put on protection for Proto

Snike

because we thought Wen was covering for him

Snike

and then suddenly

Snike

both flip town

Snike

wtf

Best typo: See below

Strawman (to Sho)

Well you didn't necessarily HAVE to reveal your stiff this early haha.

Random numbers:

Total tee-hee~! answers: 29

Most tee-hee~! answers: Sho, Wen, and Haze

Total PMs sent (approximate): 1,650+

Edited by eclipse

No Obviam, the reason why you were modkilled was because you thought it would be funny to talk back to me. Apologizing and/or shutting the hell up would've prevented it.

EDIT: Full night flavors will probably come much later. I need to get ready for something soon.

Edited by eclipse