********************************!!

鳴美

I JUST LOST ALL OF MY DATA OFF MY CART!

How does such torture work? I only put ~60 hour on it ;~;

And I didn't erase all data. I was in the middle of a HHM playthrough.

perhaps he got it used and the battery was already low.

maybe it was pirated.

idk, but a topic title like that will surely evoke alot of responses. :P

I did get it used, but the first person got ~10 hours on it before, from what it seems, thinking the end of Lyn's story was actually the end.(the only save was the end of Lyn's story, No extras beside the music player, etc.) And I myself only played for about 40 hours(daydreaming the other 10 >_>)

My DS hinge is in horrible condition if that makes any difference.

I don't think your DS hinge has the slightest thing to do with it. Was the data just gone when you powered it up?

Aye(unlike the time with my old DS when I had 400+ hours on my FE8, then the Chapter names became --NO DATA--, but still worked. Then the DS proceeded to get stolen with FE8 along with it. Wow my luck would so be -127.)

If you remove the game cart while the game is saving, chances are it'll get deleted. Happens if you hard-reset also (aka, if you run out of power or shut off your DS), which is what happened to me.

yes, I'm not the only one anymore!!!!!!

I'm glad I'm not a psychotic loser!

you have made my day, kind fellow!

I had put a bunch of time into my FE7, 5 playthroughs, and was working my way through HHM, I was on like chapter 23 and going strong...my friend made me play his Final Fantasy Tactics Advance...so I was switching between the two games...few days later, my data was gone...frantically I tried everything I knew...I asked the Nsider forums for their advice, all I got was "try turning it off then on really quickly"...well it worked, I got the data back...next time I turned the game on, the data was gone...all of it...it wouldn't come back this time...I was very mad at it...I put the game away and didn't touch it for 2 1/2 years...I was so mad at it for deleting my data...started playing through it again in september (07) (however I've been sidetracked a lot, haven't finished yet)...I have blamed FFTA for causing this grief all this time...

but to find someone else to suffer my fate...ah, wonderful day...

the cart works fine now BTW

I am happy...though it sucks to lose data...even though you hadn't beaten the game yet *glares at* but still, I'm not alone!

If you remove the game cart while the game is saving, chances are it'll get deleted. Happens if you hard-reset also (aka, if you run out of power or shut off your DS), which is what happened to me.

Nope, never did anything like that.

I am happy...though it sucks to lose data...even though you hadn't beaten the game yet *glares at* but still, I'm not alone!

>_<

I said in the first post that I was in the middle of a HHM playthrough

Could I reccommend simply getting a rom?

you wouldn't ever have memory problems ever again, and it's not like you're going to use the link arena.

Of course, that makes it significantly less portable, so...

I have one, but I only use it for patches.

didnt someone here say they went into a gamestop, and found a cheat device in a trash can, asked if they could have it, and the employees didnt care?

dude, even the GB gamesharks can work on GBA games i heard.

They don't. I have one.

>_<

I said in the first post that I was in the middle of a HHM playthrough

oops...sorry...I feel stupid now...oh well, I retract my anger...some how that didn't register...sorry...

you think the 40 hours would hit me...my play throughs are all within 22-25 hours on FE7...

of course I've been on PoR and RD recently, and those playthroughs can easily be 40 hours...sorry again...

oops...sorry...I feel stupid now...oh well, I retract my anger...some how that didn't register...sorry...

you think the 40 hours would hit me...my play throughs are all within 22-25 hours on FE7...

of course I've been on PoR and RD recently, and those playthroughs can easily be 40 hours...sorry again...

Mine only took about 15, excluding Lyn's mode. Arena on 3 units and I plowed through the rest of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

This data loss sounds awfully familiar. It happened to my Sacred Stones cartridge. I was playing it on my DS Lite. I started the game up, as normal, but the screen stayed white after the Game Boy logo disappeared, so I turned it off, checked the cart, found that it wasn't in all of the way, so I pushed it in correctly then turned it on again. It worked this time, but it was like a completely new cartridge just bought from the shop. I had lost so many hours-worth of data. My creature campaign was on 300 hours +, in which I had unlocked Lyon, and even capped all his stats, and was about one quarter way though capping all of my other units too. I was not impressed, as you may imagine...

Lesson here - Before you turn your game on, make sure the cartridge is inserted properly.