Averages Unleashed

Yeah, she also lost to Jill on a non-Miracle'd KO attack.

What exactly is Mist's luk, anyway? Going by simple averages, it should only be around 42 at --/20/20, which may be consistent with luk*2 activation rate. Alternatively, if it really caps at 60%, then the video clips could have been picked out specifically to showcase Miracle. Or, if Miracle activates on the first hit of Astra, it blocks all subsequent hits of Astra (didn't get to see vs. Lucia or Mia, so this probably isn't true).

Also, consider that Florete was changed to attack using mag, which doesn't happen in the game. In reality, Mist's per hit damage output should also be significantly lower in most cases.

Edited by dondon151

What exactly is Mist's luk, anyway? Going by simple averages, it should only be around 42 at --/20/20, which may be consistent with luk*2 activation rate.

It's 50 in the videos.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

He said her luck was 50, which would mean 100% activation. Maybe the max is 99%, though?

Not sure about that. Why doesn't Miracle activate for Ena or Pelleas around half the time, like it should if it's 50%? Not to mention no other skills have a *2 formula, so why would Miracle?

Not sure about that. Why doesn't Miracle activate for Ena or Pelleas around half the time, like it should if it's 50%? Not to mention no other skills have a *2 formula, so why would Miracle?

Miracle used to have a Luck * 3% activation back in FE5. No other skills had anything similar.

Miracle used to have a Luck * 3% activation back in FE5. No other skills had anything similar.

Okay, but this is FE10...plus that doesn't quite satisfy my other questions

Miracle is Luk %, and she has 50 Luk. Plus 10% from Biorhythm. ;):

Have you watched the averages unleashed video yet? That's what the main site says, but we're trying to figure out why Miracle activated so often for Mist in it.

Edited by AMU

Maybe she just took the most interesting battles with Mist, making it look like Miracle activated a lot more than it should. And yeah, the magic-based Florete makes things look off as well. Mist might not even be able to damage anything without that. She could probably move down.

Such a misleading name, averages unleashed...not sure if I can be assed to do them all the proper way when goldie's stats are more convenient. :p

The laguz might have to move down due to their lack of range, which effectively gets them "doubled" a lot (people taking free shots with Alondite, Wishblade, etc).

Such a misleading name, averages unleashed...not sure if I can be assed to do them all the proper way when goldie's stats are more convenient. :p

Suddenly, averages.

I still have the original excel files used to make that, so if something seems wrong I can probably try and work out why.

I did? I didn't even check what the rounding was doing, I just used the round() command :P. I'll go fix that...

Edit: Huh? As far as I can tell the rounding is done to the nearest integer, not down.

And while it's certainly more impressive to watch characters duke it out, bear in mind that it doesn't give you a view of the long term average battle between characters.

Edit2: What should be the first attack decider in battles where the characters have equal speed? In almost all cases, one character has higher movement than the others, but there's a delightful 4-way draw between (IIRC) Haar, Kieran, Geoffrey and Muarim.

Edited by I Eat Tables

Or Ena? Ena is easily the unit you need to take out on the first round or it's over for you lolz

I don't quite follow. She has Renewal, but that doesn't heal nearly as much HP as Imbue for units like BK or Fiona. She has Miracle, but only around 25 luk at max level. By most standards, she isn't extremely fast or bulky on the physical side either. Her str is absolutely terrible. So why is Ena a threat at all?

Edit2: What should be the first attack decider in battles where the characters have equal speed? In almost all cases, one character has higher movement than the others, but there's a delightful 4-way draw between (IIRC) Haar, Kieran, Geoffrey and Muarim.

Treat it as a coin flip? 50% of the time one attacks first, 50% of the time it's the other.

Goldie does let Ena use White Breath, though. She's the only Dragon that gets both.

She should be the only one. They shuld have mixed the mag and str for her attack calculation.

So I noticed how in that one video you did that black cat boss. Well you should do one with Veyona(sp?) that druid boss or whatever he is. That's be cool. Awesome videos by the way.