How to play Brawl on the mixed philosophy following on how a person chooses to walk their own path in life both honorably and as passionately possible

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really happy when I found I did every one of the requirements.

Except I almost exclusively use Marth.

DAMMIT SAKURAI

Edited by Queen

Good morning, class. Today we're going to talk about Man Tiers.

What is a Man Tier?

The Man Tier is a document that the sages spent years developing. This list outlines all the characters in Brawl and ranks them on their inherent manliness.

Let's start with the Top 5 characters in the Man Tier. The Elite Four (+1).

These five characters represent the pinnacle of manliness in Brawl:

Ganondorf_SSBB.jpg

Bowser_SSBB.jpg

ike_ssbb_dojo_lg.jpg

hidden05.jpg

Would be DIFFICULT to play with any of these characters in an unmanly fashion.

5. Ganondorf - He may be a clone of Captain Falcon, but it takes a pair of steel ones to fight with your bare fists when you could've used a sword the whole time. Also, his Down Air is kinda cool.

4. Bowser - Not only does he throw his entire massive girth on almost every one of his attacks, but he also has one of the manliest ways of taking an opponent down with him.

Number 2. and 3. are a bit contraversial, the arguement of between who's manlier, Ike or Captain Falcon is a heated one. On one hand, every one of Ike's moves is manly by itself, it's almost impossible NOT to get a manly kill with Ike. On the other hand, Captain Falcon can do this:

...Ultimately, I decided we should go with Captain Falcon because of seniority.

Well, that leaves us with number 1. The moment you've all been waiting for!

The top of the Man Tier is reserved for a character of absolute manliness there's no questioning to his greatness. It's a character that everyone got a little shocked when he got in. He's made his place in the line-up nicely. This combatant is sooo manly, that the entire game is a walk-in-the-park for him. Every part of his body has be trained and honed to be a living weapon. He is literally first scene in the scenes of manliness, and could probably defeat anyone in the game in his sleep. I am of course talking about...

The one...

Theone.png

The only...

Theonly.png

The unforgettable...

Theunforgettable.png

Jigglypuff_SSBB.jpg

JIGGLYPUFF

You must be in shock Jigglypuff took the first spot. Jigglypuff defies the defenitions of manliness and makes it his own- HIS WHOLE BODY IS A WEAPON. And while everyone else fights their heart out, Jigglypuff is busy doing something completlely different. It's that exact same spirit that makes Jigglypuff the king of all manliness. We salute you, Jigglypuff!

The rest of the Man Tier is a little bit buzzy. The list of the characters that goes varies drastically.

Full Man Tier:

Elite Four (+1)

Jigglypuff

Captain Falcon

Ike

Bowser

Ganondorf

Manly

Snake

Wario

Lucario

Samus

Ness

Charizard

DeDeDe

R.O.B

Zelda

Wolf

Almost manly

Peach

The black guy

DK

Toon Link

Ivysaur

Diddy Kong

Kirby

Falco

A tier lower than "Almost manly"

Luigi

Yoshi

Link

Meta Knight

Squirtle

ZSS

Mario

Pikachu

Fox

Pit

Sheik

Sonic

Unmanly or unplayable

Lucas

Ice Climbers

Olimar

Pokemon Trainer

Roy

Mewtwo

Dr. Mario

Pichu

Young Link

Mr. Saturn

Hot head

Sandbag

Bom-omb

Toad

Disgrace

Marth

Does playing a higher tier character make me more manly, or vice-versa when using a lower tier character?

- The answer to both of these, is no. Higher tier characters merely have more potential for manliness. Nothing is stopping a low tier character from having a manly moment. But for players unmanly to begin with, playing high tier characters won't help them at all. Likewise, you are not less manly for playing a less manly character, and as a matter of fact, accepting a low tier character's manly limits and playing around with it is one of the manliest things a player could do. Let me give you an example...

You could play Captain Olimar without using his Pikmin. Or you could play with Pit without using his spammy B moves. You can even chose to play with one Ice Climber. Or you could, uh...uh...look, just stop playing Meta Knight like an ass, people.

Wait, the Man Tier is useless?

Ultimately, the Man Tier exists for one reason alone. It's for our better understanding for what is "manly". The best thing a player can do is understand why a character is high on the list and then choose to play the character that they want to, keeping the ideals of higher characters in mind. If you're manly enough, it'll show in any character. Except for Marth.

Class dismissed.

Edited by Soul

I agree with the Manly Tier. The only one I don't really use in it is Bowser.

I do disagree with Marth being the least Manly, though, as I use him. When I use him, I may not fight with manliness when using Marth, but I fight with swiftness, strength, intelligence and courage - ideals of which the Manly Tier don't have so much of.

Pokemon Trainer should be in Disgrace Tier. He doesn't even fight. He makes Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle fight for him, the pussy.

I do disagree with Marth being the least Manly, though, as I use him. When I use him, I may not fight with manliness when using Marth, but I fight with swiftness, strength, intelligence and courage - ideals of which the Manly Tier don't have so much of.

Does this mean that Marth is in one of the top brackets of the Feminine tiers?

Or you could, uh...uh...look, just stop playing Meta Knight like an ass, people.

Did you ever actually see a MK play like that? Because if not, I'll happily provide an example.

Note that it could be worse. Frame data wise, MK can play in a way that he can stay invincible for the entire match (actually there are two ways to do it, but one of them is a glitch). Also note that PS1 is not one of MK's top stages, so there are characteristics on other stages that he can abuse even more.

Also, just because it's a really awesome set:

Kirby is manly. He can be five different manly characters.

Also Marth is totally manly, if he didn't wear his tiara it would unleash his true manliness and make the game unplayable and no fun.

... There was this whole thing about it somewhere, but I don't have the link. It's an excellent demonstration that Marth is really the manliest character in any game ever.

Also Lucas is pretty manly, but you have to play Mother 3 to unlock his manliness.

Edited by Queen

With that proof I could raise him somewhere to "Almost manly". But "The manliest ever" is just a little too much. That would be outranking C. Falcon and lolIke.

Jigglypuff_SSBB.jpg

JIGGLYPUFF

You must be in shock Jigglypuff took the first spot. Jigglypuff defies the defenitions of manliness and makes it his own- HIS WHOLE BODY IS A WEAPON. And while everyone else fights their heart out, Jigglypuff is busy doing something completlely different. It's that exact same spirit that makes Jigglypuff the king of all manliness. We salute you, Jigglypuff!

The rest of the Man Tier is a little bit buzzy. The list of the characters that goes varies drastically.

Full Man Tier:

Elite Four (+1)

Jigglypuff

Captain Falcon

I call bull. This "manliness" propaganda is a sham and a fake. This person is a false prophet. Nothing is more manly than Captain Falcon. emo-FALCONPUNCH.gif

Jigglypuff has textures modeled after CAPTAIN FALCON. As the Pokemon itself needed to upgrade and BE Captain Falcon's helmet to upgrade its manliness.

I call bull. This "manliness" propaganda is a sham and a fake. This person is a false prophet. Nothing is more manly than Captain Falcon. emo-FALCONPUNCH.gif

Jigglypuff has textures modeled after CAPTAIN FALCON. As the Pokemon itself needed to upgrade and BE Captain Falcon's helmet to upgrade its manliness.

Captain Falcon isn't trained to be a living weapon and can't defeat people in his sleep.

Boring.

Thank you.