Abysmal Souls Signup page

ReformBlade

OK, I just inherited this RP by unseen votes, I'm making a new signup topic as such. A few new things to note: No stat battles shall take place. Which is to say, writing is how everything goes down, but within reason (I will slap your junk off if you make a child lift a building and succeed because ZOMG WRITING). You can still pick a class and element, as those are still story relatable terms and such. Unfortunately, yall cannot join immediately (still semi under construction), but as soon as my scenarios kick in, I'll give yall a heads up and you can join in. That said, here is all relevant information of the world and my characters (first two inherited, last one is my original character, do not steal)

NOTE: Anyone who already has a character, PLEASE post them here just for order's sake. Everything in one place makes shit a lot easier for me, and in turn I'll give you +1 candy points. And I'll let your character live longer than a week. cool.gif

[spoiler=Nation]54f1e73e9556754fe1fce7e7c0afba7e.png(OK the scale should show 50, not 15 miles)[spoiler=Miyako (Myans)]The mysterious nation of Miyako is situated in the north of the continent and is known for being blanketed in snow throughout the entire year. A female dominant society, a male is very rarely seen in public, leading many misleading tales of the Myans being a female only society. Of course, to keep their bloodline going they must find partners like anyone else, the male usually having no say in it. Eventually they will leave their partner and take the baby, however it's not known what happens to the father who gets left behind. While the Myan females are fiersome in their own way, the men are usually the ones protecting the borders from any trespassers. The current ruler, Fuin, at first glance may seem uncaring and harsh, but she is the heart of the Myan people, as such she will put her people first and decided it was best to simply close almost every door to her realm. "Why deal with a world that cares only for bloodshed and coin? If they want it, it's their choice. My choice is simple..."

Despite being one of the oldest nations on the continent, Miyako doesn't seem all that concerned with the ways of the world. Having opted for seclusion, the Myans seldom come out of their snowy homeland, and seldom do they allow foreigners into the nation, making trade and cultural exchange with them practically impossible.

[spoiler=Lushira(Lusians)]A highly religious nation located in the south east of the continent. Lusians refer to themselves as the children of light, claiming to be directly blessed by the Goddess of Creation. Their army's mobility and speed is said to parralel that of a wyvern, giving their armies a significant advantage in combat. Their knowledge of history and healing too remains unmatched by neighboring nations.

Lushira is the official name of the nation, but many simply refer to the nation as "The Church." As the name implies, the nation is governed by a Prophet of Lushiris. A position currently held be Lady Dianeira who is situated in the Grand Cathedral of Albion. Lady Dianeira is said to be able to cleanse any ailment, some even going as far as saying that she can resurrect the dead. "The Goddess has chosen me, and I shall shepherd my people to her lands without fail."

The nation is governed by Lady Dianeira and her Six Apostles. Prominent figures in Lushira who are said to have been bestowed with divine powers by the goddess to ensure the safety and prosperity of the nation.

Lushira has been at war on and off with Shuthra for as long as anyone can remember. The wars have mainly been instigated by Lushira who constantly accuse Shuthra of dabbling in witchcraft. Their relation with Astarte is much more mellow, it being unclear whether they have friendly or hostile relation with Astarte. While small skirmishes break out on both sides of the border from time to time, both rulers have refrained from declaring war on one another.

[spoiler=Astarte Empire (Alma)]The Astarte Empire is the youngest, and now strongest nation. Originally rising from an army of rebels, Astarte was quick to rise above its peers, assimilating ideas from its neighbors, and enriching it's own culture by combining and creating new ideas and concepts. Astarte was fortunate during it's early years, as talented individuals from across the continent gathered in hopes of attaining rank and prestige. Eventually leading to the discovery of several ruins scattered across Astarte's lands.

Within the first few decades, Astarte was leading the entire continent in politics, economy and military affairs. This sudden change in the balance of power didn't sit well with the former leading nation Garius. Which lead to several wars, concluding with the death of the Garian royal family. And Astarte expanding it's borders more then half way across the continent. Unfortunately, many Garians have refused to acknowledge the transition of power, leading to the former lands of Garius being ravaged by rebels and bandits alike. An issue which has caused Astarte problems for years on end.

Such problems seem trivial nowadays, as the once peaceful nation of Astarte has been thrown into a sea of turmoil by its own prince. Prince Adrian the youngest of three brothers, massacred his entire family, and swiftly situated himself as the new king of the nation. Replacing members of the previous administration with his own men. "They couldn't keep up with the times, and any who wish to challenge me on that will meet a swift end. It wasn't chance that brought me here, but divine right!"

Reports have indicated that Astarte is preparing for war, assembling the might of it's soldiers and the wyverns of Garius. Unknown weaponry also dots Astarte's forces. Amongst them soldiers holding "boomsticks" and humanoid monsters made of steel.

[spoiler=Shuthra (Krians/Anri's)]Shuthra is home to the Mage Tower, a spiral citadel known as Pravna. A prestigious academy for talented minds to gather and develop the art of magic. Unlike Lushira which boasts a library full of the past, Shuthra's library is filled with magical concepts and theories for the future, making it an ideal environment for those eager to learn.

Unlike the other nations the Krians, don't believe too strongly in the concept of nationhood. While most students remain Krian in blood, many others have traveled across the continent to study at Pravna. The academy is home to the three grand libraries. Massive depots of knowledge. The Public, Main and Restricted Libraries as their name implies refers to the level of access. The public library is open to the public and travelers, the section mainly consists of basic knowledge and introductory books. The main is on the fifth floor and is used by students and professors alike. Whereas the Restricted Library is located on the top floor, and can only be accessed with the head masters permission.

North of Pravna lies Krianri, a castle inhabited by people with beast-like feature. The history of the Anri's doesn't stretch that far back, it was only fifty years ago when a large scale magical experiment in Krianri went horribly wrong leading to a massive explosion. Strangely, no casualties were recorded at the time, but those contaminated with the magical properties of the blast gave birth to the Anri's.

Most Anri's were discarded by their parents once Pravna admitted that they lacked the knowledge to reverse the affects of the blast. Leading to many Anri's from this time period to resent the Krians, and all humans in general. Krians also grow a lot quicker then normal humans, by 10 years of age their bodies are those of a young adult, (roughly 20 years old). their growth greatly slows down after that, their lifespans seemingly unchanged as a whole from what the world has seen.

Anri's however are more physically capable and fit, and often hold simplistic mental frameworks, causing them to be ideal slaves. The mercantile nation of Sapphire in particular has crosses the border several times a year to capture these peculiar humans and sell them off to wealthy nobles across the continent.

Anri is also known for it's lush forests and clean air. According to Pravna it's much easier to draw on magical energies in a green environment where mana and spirits are abundant. (Spirits refer to butterfly-like creatures that come in various colors.). The Anri too prefer the wilderness to concrete and brick settlements of other nations.

[spoiler=Sapphire (Saphs)]No nation experiences the four seasons better then Sapphire, In summer they experience the scorching heat, while autumn brings a change in the color of leaves. Winter blankets the nation in a thick blanket of snow. Sapphire originated as a mining nation, and derives it's name from one of the many mana stones that can be found there. After the mine rush settled merchants settled the area, and established a settlement which revolves around the trading and creation of goods.

While the nation originally was based on a true democracy. The nation eventually gave rise to three wealthy merchant families, that now pull all the strings behind the working of the nation. Bribery and slavery can be found throughout the nation, with the nations motto being "Everything has its price."

[spoiler=Signup Information]

Name:

Class: (Fighter/Guard/Caster)

Affinity: (Fire/Wind/Ice/Thunder)

Weapon: (Any)

Appearance: (Should provide a picture, though if that's not possible, describe your character, and I'll find potential images for you. )

Nation of Origin: (Just a nation of birth, if you want your own city/village, feel free to make up a name for settlement)

Backstory: (Information regarding your characters origins, thought, dreams and goals. I'm lenient on this, just PM me if you need questions answered)

UPDATE: I'm just gonna post everyone's characters in this first post for (hopefully) easier access. Also, I'll only keep all currently active people in this list, and I will only list them. Rest assured, they ARE in this topic, so just hunt for them if you're curious, peeps.

aka.png (5', 90 lbs)

Name: Carrion (Devourer/Crimson Witch)

Gender: Female (appears to be about 15 or 16 years old. Actual age, she's in her late 50s.)

Class: Caster

Affinity: Fire

Weapon: Tome

Nation of Origin: Garius Empire, Leticia. (Astarte)

Backstory: Having lost her parents in a fire at a young age, Carrion and her elder brother lived as street urchins. A life which was demanding both physically and mentally. Fortunately for them her brother adapted quickly to street life, manipulating and framing others to support him and his sister. Though the only possessions she had were a tome her father had discovered, and the clothes on her back, her early life was relatively pleasant.

That would all come to an abrupt end though, as her brother crossed paths with a drunken thug, who'd beat her brother to a pulp before wandering off to go vomit in some dark alleyway. Not having any knowledge in healing or medicine, Carrion tried to help her brother in any way she could think of, which lead her childish mind to rely on the tome her father had unearthed. And to her horror, her brother disintegrated into thin air.

Several years passed, and the helpless little girl had become a renown mercenary. Known by her peers as the Crimson witch, and to the common people as the devourer, what astounded people was not the success rate of the tasks given to one young girl, but the rumors of her consuming the flesh of the dead. After gathering much unwanted attention Carrion decided to lay low for awhile, she'd accumulated a decent amount of gold, and with the wealthy placing bounties on her head, mercenary work became unmanageable.

A young mercenary who had been assumed dead however appeared one day, brandishing the crimson witches head high above his head. Leading to a halt in the bounties, though the man mysteriously disappeared along with the wealthy individuals who had placed the bounty on Carrion;s head shortly afterward.

Three more years passed, and Carrion returned from the dead. But this time, she seemed colder. No longer concerned with mercenary work, she began traveling the continent in search of something. She was occasionally seen after a battle had concluded, wandering around inspecting corpses, sometimes dragging away the corpses, other times devouring them on the spot.

Though her return wasn't generating as much attention as one would have thought, Astarte has opted to ignore her, in favor of more 'pressing matters.' Sapphire too ignored her, as they believed she was relatively harmless to the living, Shuthra doubted her existence altogether, resulting in Lushira being the only nation were she was actively branded with a criminal status.

faye.png

Name: Fayenetta

Connection: Carrion

Backstory: Faye is a creature commonly known as a elder spirit. Unlike the normal spirits which seem to fly around, oblivious to their surrounding. Elder Spirits have the appearance of a small human with butterfly wings, and have the ability to communicate with human beings. Elder spirits however are rare, and said to only be born, once or twice per century.

Unlike most spirits though Faye is bound to the tome Carrion carries, a tome which in turn is bound to Carrion's soul. Both Faye and the tome disappearing and appearing upon Carrion's will.

Name: Grant Enston

Class: Guard

Affinity: Wind

Weapon: A steel Broadsword

Appearance: [spoiler=Grant]grant_by_chaosrampantkiryn-d4gpk51.png

Nation of Origin: Sapphire

Backstory: A simple man born into a mining family of little renown. He was put to work at a young age, gathering mana stones for his dad to sell. It was boring to him, but he couldn't complain much about it since he had shelter and food. It also gave him time to think to himself.

As he grew and the deeper he'd get into the mines, the more dangerous his job got when one day, when he was 20, the mineshaft began to collapse. It happened so fast and unexpectedly, almost no one had time to react except for Grant. Keeping his cool, he was able to keep the majority of the miners from panicking and out to safety, save for his friend. Grant left his family that day, taking all his belongings, mainly money he could carry on his person. He did anything he could to just get away from that place, anything to run away from that memory, so he chose the mercenary life. Someone who has no place to truly call home, always wandering.

Other characters used by me: Arcen, Aiduen, Ignatius, Gwen, Pralken, Zeijos, Kulen

seph1212's characters: Adrian, Amera, Andy, Horatio, Lilith, Reynor

Cam: Ormis, Teis, Worsay (Deceased Biography of dude), Rina, Therese, Tiran

Nagafen: Obelia, Langley, Carrie, Noel, Ellandra, Zwool

Octavian: Lucretia, Anastasia (Deceased), Adano, Julius, Gabriel, Cameron

Dokutayuu: Aurelio, Ken, Lunaria

'Sona Buvelle': Lucinda, Seilynda, Giselle

JBCWK: Elune, Danyon, Adnois, Cyrus

Anti Social Knight: Gideon, Melanie, Lowell

Lorddomu: Rine, Asviel

Edited by RainbowKitty

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re-posting by SB's asking.

Name: Adrian

Class: Fighter

Weapon:

Al'Math's Short Sword 2aguvr4jpg.png:

A regal short sword that has been in his family for 3 generations, and what he used to train himself. It is made of the toughest steel, and has been reforged with iron near the base of the blade.

Ladle 2rf8roxjpg.png:

No chef is complete without his ladle, for mixing and serving soup. It's also handy for smashing into peoples' faces, when he can't get to his sword.

Stats: N/A

Personality: He's brash, funny, and a bit of a loud-mouth. Generally easy to get along with, and hard to anger, but hard to calm down once he has been.

Appearance:

f0995637c542d2f1d0806cba132a0745.png

Nation of Origin: Saphs

Backstory: Adrian grew up in a small village in Saphs, never caring much for money. Even if he had wanted to, he couldn't care about money, either way, since his family was quite poor. He decided to be a chef, since he had a thing for food, and with they money he had, it was all he could do for a living. This was, until, a group of bandits raided his village. His parents and sister were taken; sold off into slavery (or so he thought), and he was left for dead. He would have been, if not for a traveling bishop, passing by on a pilgrimage. He stopped to help the injured in the village after the attack, and Adrian was one of them.

He awoke back in his house (at least what was left of it), 3 weeks after the attack, piles of snow outside his window. The bandits had attacked moments before winter was to arrive, and it had struck hard, leaving him without any way of leaving the village to chase after them, little good it would so him, anyway. He didn't know how to fight, let alone defeat a group of bandits all by himself. He struggled with what to do, not knowing if he could. The bishop who had healed him had helped rebuild most of the village, though, luckily, the damage to it wasn't that bad. During the weeks of winter, where he was trapped within the village because of the harsh weather, he resolved himself to learn how to use a sword, in at least the most basic way.

After around a year of training, he had become competent, and could now fight with a sword. He wasn't anything special, but he could defend himself, and wasn't terrible with it. He left his village in the middle of summer to try and track down the group who had taken his family.

Edited by seph1212

Reposting

Name: Susan Tomboni (Susie)

Affinity: Ice

Weapons:

Amber Blade: A dagger with magic imbued gems embedded in the handle. When charged with mana the blade produces enough electricity to shock someone .

Hydrous Tome/Gloves: The tome creates the spells, and the gloves amplify them. Without the gloves the tome is almost useless in her hands. Water magic is a corruption of ice magic that contains healing properties, though it is weaker offensively. (for more information on the tome see last paragraph of sign up)

Stats: (Leave Blank)

Appearance: Dark brown hair and eyes, around 5’7” tall, wears leather vambraces and boots. Her hair's in a ponytail.

SusanTomboni.pngPlease use this image for the grid until I get a better one --> water-drop-icon11.gif

Nation of Origin: Astarte, but her family moved to Shuthra when she was little. They live in the small village of Taeke situated on the river near the border of Shuthra and Sapphire.

Backstory: With her father a blacksmith and her mother a mage, Susan and her older brother, Airik, grew up around weapons and magic. While her brother took an interest in designing inventions combining the two, Susie was content to learn the basics of magic and fighting and leave it at that. After her father died (she was 18 at the time) her and her brother started working to support themselves and their mother. Airik creates the items, her mother, Sariah, imbues them with whatever magic they need, and Susan tests them, often taking jobs as a mercenary to do so.

Her weapons are unique and made by her family. The Amber Blade was made for her 17th birthday by her father. The water tome was developed years ago by her mother as a research project, but proved too weak to be practical for the effort needed to make it. Recently Airik found it in their attic and studied its properties until he created a suitable amplifier material and sewed it into the spine of the book and a pair of gloves. She's been carrying them around with her the last few weeks testing the limits of the new tome.

Repost

Name: Ormis

Affinity: Thunder

Weapons:

Iron Sword

Stats: ---

Appearance: CamSheet.png

Too lazy to rip out of sheet.

Personality: A young and reckless boy. He has no grasp of strategy, preferring to just engage whatever opponent he may be fighting directly.

Backstory: Ormis was born to a poor merchant family doing business on the border of Astarte and Sapphire. Ever since he was a small child, he has harbored the desire to be great, to be the greatest warrior on the continent. Because of this, he began practicing with a sword at age 8, learning by eavesdropping on the more experienced swordsmen while they trained apprentices. At age 11, he could hold his own with the other boys in the various villages his family traveled to, as well as defend his family from roaming bandits fairly well.

This began to get to his head, filling him with a false confidence and quick temper. One night, while they were in a city in Astarte, and his father was out drinking, 14-year old Ormis snuck out and boasted to the entire mercenary guild that he would be the greatest warrior in the land one day so they all better pay attention to him now. Obviously, this did not have quite the reaction he expected. The entire room burst out in laughter, angering Ormis greatly. Ormis, being a 14-year old boy, saw red and challenged the only man in the room who hadn't laughed, an incredibly strong man. This only drew more laughter from the room. However, the man who Ormis had challenged stood up. He glowered down at Ormis, who was still rather belligerent.

The two of them went outside, followed by the jeering crowd. Both swordsmen drew their swords. Ormis was dismayed to find that the mercenary's broadsword was much larger than his own. After about 30 seconds of fighting, Ormis broke his sword and the inevitable occurred. Ormis got nothing but embarrassed and a broken sword for his troubles. [Note: This may or may not be plot-relevant later, up to whoever gets the story running here] In the process, he also managed to get himself a position in the guild.

Two years later, he hasn't improved much at all. He lost track of his family after that night before, but Ormis made more money than he ever did with them. In his latest assignment, he was headed towards Alifer for a bandit hunt.

Name: Obelia

Weapon:

IronBroadsword-1.gif?t=1302444171Iron Broadsword: A basic weapon that appears custom, yet isn't on par with specialised weapons such as the Regal Blade or even the Silver Sword. The Iron Broadsword exchanges some speed with a slightly hefty weight, yet has a slightly greater damage ratio then basic weapons such as the Iron Sword and Iron Blade. It isn't quite up to par with the Steel Blade, but can rival a Steel Sword for strength. A corresponding pattern of red jewels are imbedded, three of them, within the blades hilt and the design seems more custom then a typical iron weapon. This is in part due to the nature of Obelia wielding it. It is supposedly one of the few things that belongs to her father and was taken, possibly stolen from him, by her mother. The broken sides and odd angles appear to be from battles long since past. (Will try and sprite a better one another time. Apologies for the FE terminology, but hopefully gives a better reference).

Tool1.gifKnife: A basic equip knife, Obelia uses it rarely and carries it concealed in a strap on left arm along her gauntlet. She orients her arm usually to a lifted stance even when walking, or usually keeps her left hand in a guard position, even when calm, defensively across her breastplate. This is due to the nature of the strap holding her knife, which is held in a loose fashion so she can drop her arm and her knife will slip out, into her hand in a fluid motion. It however is a basic knife and nothing truly special exists about it as known. However, she doesn't mention how she came to possess it, nor why she constantly keeps it within her reach.

Stats: N/A

Appearance: Obelia.jpg?t=1302433743

Nation of Origin: Miyako, the village of Mune (northwest of Arashiyama).

Backstory: Obelia is born of a Myan Mother and an unknown Father, her mother's name simply Gami. At an early age, as per Miyako's way of life, she was raised solely by her mother, who had returned from somewhere not yet known to the now secluded away Obelia, her life destined to be one lived as a Myan female of normal rank. Yet at as she grew, from gurgling toddler to inquisitive young girl, her mother was put off by several questions she asked that seemed odd, for a Myan girl raised in the knowledge that she was her 'only parent'. She asked where she came from. And always, Gami would try and misdirect the question or deflect it, from saying truth of a sort; she was born from Gami herself, to simple, almost childish wordplay, such as she came from this village, Mune, which was her home. Nestled so deep within Miyako, it was odd that her daughters mind seemed to keep travelling outwards as she grew, soon a teen and still, the questions did not cease. She seemed to not get along so well with other girls her own age, but it wasn't from their lack of trying. She point blank refused to talk to some. The reason was something Obelia never said to her mother. She seemed to behave oddly around most girls her own age, yet get along very well with the younger girls, looking after the young newborns and children born of the villages expectant and returning mothers with a happy tinge to her, very solid in her skills keeping the young ones safe and happy most of all. She was quiet around other females her own age still though, asking her mother one day a question that turned her pale.

'Who is my father?' She asked. And Gami seemed to appear calm then, yet inside, she felt herself knot inside, however much she felt then that with the need to inform those women of Miyako how to reproduce as they grew, she had gathered that at some point her daughter would know. So Gami explained then. Of her father and of finding him when she was out in the world, feeling a want within her to hold new life, to feel someone cradled in her arms and her own. And she told her that her father, the one who was the other half of her genes, was at first, what appeared to be an honourable man, one who had promised her at the very least his care and attention, to give her what her heart desired. And not wanting her to leave, wanting her daughter to vanish from her for the rest of her days, she lied. She told her that her father had died, not long after the first week or two she knew that new life was within her. And it made her daughter cry, which hurt her heart. And unfortunately for her, did more then that.

Obelia has grown to an older age, one where she now leaves her home and to her mothers shock, to find her fathers grave, as she explained to her a few days before leaving. She will, with the sword her mother showed her, the one, final 'gift' her father supposedly left her, find out where he lays and pay her respects to her fallen father. She is determined by this goal and will focus on it with fierce reason. She knows, from her mothers talks with her, as they began after being told she had a father, his name. His name was Yuzu and he was from the country of 'Sapphire', to the east of Miyako through the territory of a vast empire called Astarte. Bearing armour given to her by her mother, she has spent the past eight years, training with the blade shown to her, the Iron Broadsword to defend herself from those who would use her for their own ambitions and 'other uses' that after being explained to her, makes her slightly more stony in her heart.

Her dreams are few and far between. She has only one true dream, the want to see her fathers grave a motivation rather then a true dream. She dreams of an ideal want, to see her mother and father, together and for one moment, at the very least. It haunts her, this odd idea that she could've had two people to grow up holding her with and as such, she reacts coldly around those who mention, talk or even acknowledge a regular growing up with both parents to take their hands. She is nervous around females and tries hard to maintain a cool outlook, yet if in close proximity to another around her own age, she quiets down and refuses to look them in the eye. The reason is something she refuses to explain and as of yet, gets along better with males due to the slight curiosity she has for males and others in general, almost cheerful around males. Yet again, however happy she is to meet new people, such as males her own age and younger females or older women, she gets nervous when men get into close proximity to her and usually backs off or gets slightly aggressive with those who get too close.

Her goal is simple. Reach her fathers grave by finding out where he lived within Sapphire, her mother having refused to say even with the most persistent of asking. Even with her daughters safety at risk, Gami hopes that if she cannot find the true spot where her father dwelled, not only may she give up and return home, but maybe something secret will be spared from her. Something that tears at Gami's heart each day, while her daughter begins to trudge from her home, sword at hand, a knife she has acquired along the way, walking to somewhere she believes is so very important to her hearts wish.

I've been waiting for a roleplay to open up that isn't super deep already. :D

Name: Lucretia Jeneva-Constanza Germane

Weapons:

Samadhi: RuneSword.gif

Adyta: bravesword.png

Samadhi and Adyta are Lucretia's personal swords, forged by an aged swordsmith who knew her father. Both blades' handles are made from a strong and nearly unbreakable metallic alloy wrapped in tough leather. Both blades are a steel-like frame reinforced with crushed diamonds which make them shine in the light and also very strong. Samadhi is a sword designed for stabbing and can pierce many forms of armor. Adyta is a slashing sword in a similar fashion to a katana.

Appearance: Russian___by_Jojonel.jpg

Nation of Origin: Seiren, Miyako [Currently resides in Leticia, Astarte]

Backstory: Her mother, Anastasia, was a famed Myan swordswoman who, in her prime, desired to travel the world and search for people to duel with her. Her journey began on the Miyako-Astarte border when she met and dueled a swordsman named Adano. The match ended in a close tie, which immediately prompted the two to form a friendship that Anastasia feared would get her expelled from her strict and traditionalist country. The heated affair lasted two years and ended abruptly when Anastasia discovered her pregnancy with Adano's child. She returned home and gave birth nine months later to Lucretia.

Her mother raised her to become a swordswoman like her. From the age of six Lucretia learned to wield a sword. Like her mother she had an extremely well-developed sense of balance which allowed her to become a strong duelist. She could fight in many positions most swordsmen would lose their balance and be compromised in. Despite her balance and strong duel skill, Lucretia lacked the callous attitude needed to cut enemies down. She was never faced with the option of killing anyone in a fair duel, but if she were attacked and disarmed an enemy, she could not bring herself to kill them. This angered her mother, who tried many ways to make Lucretia kill, but it was forged in her subconscious to never kill anyone.

Frustrated with her mother's coldness, Lucretia left home at fifteen with only a few gold pieces and some meats, determined to escape the life she feared. She came to the Miyako-Astarte border and was faced with an old man who was being attacked by bandits. With no weapon Lucretia was forced to go hand-to-hand to save the man. While fighting with one of them, Lucretia landed a jab to the man's throat which hit just right to make him stop breathing. When she realized what she had done she quickly tried to help him but the man died in her arms. In fear Lucretia ran, but with nowhere to go she simply got lost. The old man whom she had saved found her crying and alone.

He introduced himself as Sevan, a swordsmith from Leticia. He thanked her for saving him but was curious as to why she was upset. When she told him, he gave her the advice to not dwell on something out of her control, and that she was in the right for saving him. He agreed to take her in, partly because he recognized her father's eyes. He agreed to forge her weapons in order to defend herself as he was getting old and could die soon. He forged her two blades, Samadhi and Adyta, and reinforced them with diamond so that they were near-unbreakable and shined in the light.

He died when Lucretia was sixteen, and she took over his house and job, forging blades for people for money. She kept the blades he made her as mementos of him, and lived by the code he taught her. At twenty the shop closed due to a lack of business, but Lucretia was able to take the money she made and live comfortably. She learned through a network of sources that her mother was looking for her in Astarte. Uneasy about this news, Lucretia stayed silent, wondering what to do if she faced her mother.

I've been looking for an RP to join!

Name: Aurelio

Weapon: Poleaxe - Long and heavy bladed axe, Barefist - when all else fails!

Appearance: 5'11, of moderate build. Short-medium length blond hair, seemingly wild expression. Dressed in a simple jacket and trousers, along with boots.

5092-1990132662.jpg

Personality: Fairly confrontational, although with the right intentions. Fairly social but prefers to do things his own way - often alone. Dislikes Astarte's army.

Combat Synopsis: Whilst not overly speedy, Aurelio possesses some degree of agility. However, his combat relies on his strength and endurance, which he has accumulated over time.

Nation of Origin: Astarte - in the far eastern village of Keyes.

Backstory: Growing up in a small village, Aurelio was far away from any war or big cities. His father spent virtually all his time away with the army whilst his mother and sister were farmers - leaving Aurelio to keep himself busy, often getting into trouble. Mock fights were amongst his favourite games. Brigands would often take "rent" from Keyes, which became progressively harder to pay. The army never intervened, they had more pressing matters.

By the time he reached 15, the village was penniless and the brigands started taking women as payment. This included his older sister, Lunaria. Deciding he'd stand up to the bandits, Aurelio gathered a small band to fight the bandits and initially, was fairly successful. Persuading his mother to flee with his rescued sister, he turned his attention on defeating the brigands. However, his attempt failed miserably after many of his group turned on him, resulting in the village becoming the bandit's hideout. Faced with impossible chances, Aurelio ran, swallowing his pride.

He soon found an Astartean(?) battalion, although his pleas for help were laughed at. After demanding the location of his father, in order to speak to him, he was told that he had been killed by petty thieves years ago. A brief rage induced skirmish followed. After being detained for a couple of days, he was set free.

His heart set on finding his family, he ventured out, travelling much of the continent. For the last nine years, he has been wandering, trying to find any information he could, but with no results to speak of. Over the course of his journey, he became proficient with a Poleaxe - in memory of his father. Facing bandits, harsh weather, starvation and even soldiers, Aurelio's journey hasn't been easy.

Edited by Dokutayuu

We could probably spawn one of those two characters in the prison somewhere, like they were hired by Astarte or something.

Edited by Camtech075

We could probably spawn one of those two characters in the prison somewhere, like they were hired by Astarte or something.

NOPE.jpg

Lucretia is currently in Astarte, we're all in Sapphire territory.

Anywho, long and annoying day at work today, tis good to see two new signups happen. Both are approved. Again, I apologize for the wait I'm inducing upon you both, HOWEVER... if you'd like, go ahead and RP, just not interrupting what's going on (unless you've got good reason, in which case, PM me and we can work out a way to include you, but again, I don't think this prison break will last too much longer...)

I don't mind waiting for the next arc. I'll potentially get some solo stuff done for a little characterization. It also gives me some time to try and digest the first chapter!

Name: Shinai Morona

Class: Mage/Archer

Weapon: Bows

Appearance: one_piece_-_boa_hancock.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Kiyo Morona

Class: Swordfighter

Affinity: Darkness

Weapon: Katanas

Appearance: 1600476.jpg

Backstory was sent to Slave in PM due to spoilers.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Lucinda Svetlana Urith

Weapons:

Prismatic Epee: A decorative, jeweled rapier whose multi-colored gems are infused with various magics. As it is decorative and ceremonial, it's not very sturdy, but it's useful for poking people.

Jeweled Dagger: Like the epee, it is but a tool to channel magic through. Unlike the epee, however, the dagger is actually somewhat durable, but most likely not very useful in combat.

Appearance: Blonde (ZOMG), amber eyes, slender,relatively short. I'll edit in a picture later.

Nation of Origin: Albion, Lushira

Backstory: Lucy was born into a wealthy, highly religious, somewhat influential family that loved her very much. As a curious, impressionable, and gullible child, she soaked up all kinds of things people said and took them to heart, even though they may have been misguided or just plain wrong. Thus, she believes that all of the Goddess' scriptures are literal truth, and practitioners of witchcraft and all non-believers should either convert or die.

Since she is wealthy, Lucinda is well-educated in etiquette and fashion and has no want for material goods. As a devout follower of the Goddess, she gives much to the poor and helps whoever's in trouble... mostly. Her blind devotion to the Goddess coupled with her pampered upbringing brought about delusions of grandeur and self-righteousness. Did this lead to her hearing a little voice in the back of her head, which she believes is the Goddess? Nobody knows, but most can agree that she's missing a few screws.

Edited by Sakusa

I was going to write more but then I lazied

Name: Katrina Curik

Weapon: She owns a sword, but also knows how to wield several polearms. Her Pegasus sort of counts as a weapon as well.

[spoiler=Appearance]

She’s of average height with brown eyes, pale green hair, sweater and scarf, pale blue pants, boots, and blue armor. Her Pegasus is tan with white feathers and a thick coat.

DSCN0463.jpg

I’ll get a better pic eventually, I swear

Nation of Origin: Sapphire, more specifically the small village of Inthra located far in the northern mountains.

Backstory: The village of Inthra , in the farthest north of the continent, experiences close to perpetual winter. Without the ability to grow much food, they rely on trade with towns farther south. Fortunately for them, they have a very handy bargaining tool. The northern mountains are one of the last places living Pegasi can be found on the continent, and people pay handsomely for them. As such, their lifestyle revolves heavily around caring for, training, and breeding the winged mounts.

Katrina left home a few years ago to travel the world, but unfortunately she found out sightseeing doesn’t pay bills. She has worked as both a messenger and mercenary, using her flying mount to speed up message delivery and missions, but has largely remained in Sapphire despite her original intentions.

Name: Amera

Weapon: Weak control of thunder magic, and her fists.

Appearance:

42a9d183b5989c6ad4048c3.png

Nation of Origin: Shuthra, in the second village closest to the border of Sapphire.

Backstory: Amera was raised as a slave in Lushira, working in a noble's house her entire life. She was never one to fight back, at that age, because of the few times she had tried. It always resulted in some form of painful response, so she'd stopped trying. Of course, though, after she'd calmed down, the owner of the house took a liking to her, in more ways than one. She protested this, of course, and, even though she'd stopped fighting against being his slave, and doing his household chores, she'd always fight back against his advances, not letting him near her for one moment. He became so enraged with her one day, the he kicked her into his front door, her weight causing is to collapse, and letting her body roll down his front steps onto the streets. A large crowd quickly gathered, staring at the poor girl, but she only saw this as an opening, and ran straight through them all. The noble didn't bother giving chase, as he could find another slave girl who would be more obediant.

That had happened when she was 13. She is now 17, and has managed to make it back to her hometown, but there was no one to welcome her home. Her mother and father had died, of old age (Since Anri age is quicker than human age (And I think this is kinda silly, so it'd be awesome if you could change it, SB :V)). She was simply happy to have gotten free from that life of slavery; happy that it was because of her owner's carelessness.

She's extremely stubborn, and loves a good challenge, always fighting until she wins, or can't anymore. Always the loud one in a group, as she likes getting attention from others towards her personality, rather than her body.

She has a small understanding of how thunder magic works, but other than shooting some small bolt at you which could probably sting you, she can't do much. While she has no formal martial arts training, she know how to use her fists for defense, and is fairly powerful with them. She isn't the largest person physically, and could probably be overpowered by someone who knew how to fight, but otherwise, she can handle herself.

Gonna bring her into the RP in a bit, if SB okays her, of course.

Edited by seph1212

Name: Teis Risdryn

Class: N/A

Weapon:

e85124fa9caac0ab3bda715d0f7c6174.png The Quake Axe, an axe extremely heavy and powerful. It was rumored to be a legendary axe that could cause earthquakes when it struck the ground (hence the name), but no one knows the truth behind these rumors. In fact, Teis doesn't even know that this is a weapon that many people would kill to wield - all he knows is that it was the axe his father gave him on his 18th birthday, only a few days before his demise. Its shaft is made out of very tough wood, and the head is connected by almost unbreakable metal bonds. There are only a few people who can lift it, in fact, but again, Teis doesn't know that.

c9af85449d2a70379fc65f2132ee6f0b.png A simple, heavy battle axe, to be used when speed is more of the essence.

Appearance: a7f8bbe0ac2dcbc9ab4ced013313f327.png

Nation of Origin: Shuthra

Backstory: The son of a simple mercenary with a hidden past. Teis was brought up never to question his father's words, else he recieve harsh lashings. Because of this, he has many, mnay marks on his back. Upon reaching age ten, every week his father would take him out to a field and teach him how to fight, eventually leading to full-on spars that left Teis bruised and tired. Despite this, he greatly respects his father, who was killed by a mysterious magician on Teis's 18th birthday. Teis swore to take revenge on said castor, though he couldn't see anything that would suggest at the assailant's identity. He took to traveling, eventually ending up in Lushira, making a name for himself as a man not to be crossed. He has a quick temper, but can be a fairly nice guy to befriend, as he would never leave a comrade to die. (*PM me if you want his father's past)

Edited by Camtech075

Men to the rescue! Although this guy isn't really helping the cause!

Name: Ken van Lirio

Class: Castor

Weapons: An amateur with fire magic, knows the basics for other types. However, far more competent with healing magic.

Appearance: 5'8'', small build. Fairly delicate looking, with shoulder-length green hair, swept out of his face and tied neatly. Often mistaken for a woman. Generally dressed in a yellow/orange robe.

Andromeda_no_Shun_by_LyneShun.png

Personality: Very polite and agreeable, also very caring. Due to his upbringing, he has trouble saying no. He's never been in a fight before or had to fend for himself, meaning he's relatively naive. No stranger to long hours though. Also oddly fond of baked products and nature.

Origin: Albion, Lushira (born and raised).

Bio: Compared to a lot of the continent, Ken has had it very easy growing up. Born into a line of priests, he began his studies at a very early age. This dominated his childhood, meaning he never really got to see the outside world. Until recently he had never set foot outside Lushira. His grandfather lead his studies, often scolding him for poor performance and lack of devotion to the Goddess. However, despite all this, he persisted and became rather proficient at the healing arts. He was also educated in combat magic but had never used it on a living target.

He reached the end of his training, and has carried out priestly duties for a couple of years. He has recently been volunteered by his family to go on a tour of Shuthra for a few months, in an attempt to convert non-believers. Of course, with his attitude, they don't suspect much success. They hope that the experience would toughen him up a little!

Currently, he's preparing to leave Albion. Unsure what to expect on his expedition.

Edited by Dokutayuu

Name: Anastasia Tatiana Germane

Weapon:

Queen: SonicSword.gif

Tyalis: silverdagger.png

Senso: caladbolg.png

Anastasia, in battle, will use Queen and Tyalis. Senso is a treasure her family has carried for generations and she hesitates in using it in battle. Queen is a typical blade made of steel and reinforced with minerals from the cold mountains of Miyako. Tyalis is a dagger she keeps in her left hand while fighting, much like a fencing dagger. Tyalis is extremely sharp, even touching it gently will draw blood. It has cut the throats of many enemies.

Appearance: nothing_can_hurt_me_by_piddling-d3i9pa5.jpg

Nation of Origin: Sieren, Miyako

Backstory: Anastasia's past defines her present; she was born, like all Myan women, to a mother without knowing her father. She was raised by her mother Olga in the most loving care as possible. Her older half-sister Alexandria was a powerful sorceress, as was her mother. When time came for Anastasia's magic trial, she failed miserably. Olga was perplexed, as she assumed all of the women in her family would possess their innate ability for magic. Although Alexandria rejected Anastasia, Olga continued to raise her daughter with love and care. At twelve Olga found Anastasia a combat tutor, and she quickly developed a natural affinity for swordplay. By fourteen, Anastasia was one of the greatest swordswomen in Miyako. She was so talented that any enemy she faced in single combat would fall within thirty seconds. Her mother and sister became concerned for Anastasia's growing lust for battle, and tried to intervene.

Offended by her family's "betrayal" Anastasia left her home and began a journey to find stronger opponents. Her first stop was a village on the Miyako-Astarte border, where she challenged all of the fighters to a duel. One by one they fell to her blade, until a young and ambitious swordsman named Adano challenged her to a duel. His sparkling eyes and vigorous spirit inspired Anastasia, in fact, she was almost hesitant to kill him. She figured, though, that his excitement outweighed his skill. The match lasted a long hour until both duelists realized they would never win. With a mutual respect gained, Anastasia and Adano began a powerful relationship that resulted in Anastasia realizing she was pregnant.

Adano was overjoyed at the news of them having a child together, and began to settle down from swordfighting to prepare himself for becoming a father. Anastasia, on the other hand, was angry at herself. She realized that her life was different forever. Now that she was to become a mother, she had another responsibility. She and Adano argued furiously over Anastasia's decision to return to Miyako. The night she left, Adano tried one final time to convince her to stay, but Anastasia's mind had been made up. When he pleaded with her again, she drew her sword and thrust it into his stomach, and fled into the night before he was able to touch the ground.

She returned to her home in Miyako a month later, just in time for her to go into labor and give birth to a girl whom she named Lucretia. She spent the first year of Lucretia's life re-training in the sword and restoring her original body. Upon the time Lucretia was able to wield a weapon Anastasia began to train her, in the hopes of passing her legacy on. She was overjoyed when her daughter developed her innate ability and balance. She realized that her "curse" of not being able to carry her family's magic ability was no longer a curse, as she had a new ability to pass on. She was strict and cold, but she simply wanted her daughter to succeed. When it came time for Lucretia to begin dueling others, she was amazed at Lucretia's swordplay. It was quick, sharp, and ruthless. But when Lucretia was faced with the idea of killing someone, she stopped and ran away crying.

Anastasia tried everything she knew to get Lucretia to kill. When all of it failed Anastasia realized everything was for naught. Her legacy never even began. Her daughter could fight, but she couldn't kill. The legacy of swordplay would start and end with her. Lucretia became useless to her, and Anastasia became cold and unloving to her. She even refused to call Lucretia her daughter. In her eyes she had no child.

While training Lucretia one day in the summer season of Miyako, she began running. Anastasia called to her and tried to get her to return, even by force. But Lucretia ran away, and Anastasia felt more alone than ever. She then turned her attention to her family. She felt betrayed by them all, and determined to cut them down one by one. She began with her aunts and cousins. Some of them had her mother's magical talents, and others did not. She cut them down, one by one, crossing their names off of her list in their own blood. She then killed close friends and neighbors, people who were like family to her at one time or another.

By age 40 she had killed over 300 people in this bloodlust. There were three names left on the list. She started with her mother. She was approaching her eighties, and was bedridden with illness. As she approached the home, she was stopped by her sister. Alexandria and Anastasia dueled outside their home, with both women exerting all their power on the other in the hopes of winning. As Alexandria was about to cast the finishing spell on Anastasia, she thrust her blade deep into Alexandria's heart and killed her. With no one in the way Anastasia killed her mother as she lay asleep.

With only one name left, Anastasia left her home behind, and began searching for Lucretia--the final name on her death list.

Name: Elune

Weapon: silverdagger.png

A knife with Elune always holds close. Many people have fallen at one time or another to this blade.

taksh.png

The crossbow which Elune uses to carry out assassinations. The bolts have been refined to be as precise as possible.

Appearance: 55042.jpg

Nation of Origin: Varthas, Shuthra

Backstory: Born as Legretta, Elune was brought up in Shuthra by her mother, a mage who had not used her talents for many years. Living in a rather poor area of Varthas, Legretta was taught to defend herself from young. She received a simple knife from her mother as a birthday present when she was 9 years old, and received basic training.

At the age of 11, Legretta’s house was ravaged by Sapphire bandits. Amongst the wreckage, Legretta and her mother were only able to salvage a few family pictures, and a crossbow which Legretta’s father had used in the past. With no more home, Legretta and her mother fled.

As they travelled further from their former home, they neared the border of Shuthra and Lushira. While taking refuge in the town one night, they were caught in a skirmish between Shuthra and Lushira. Unable to escape in time, Legretta was struck by a stray arrow. With no other method of healing her daughter, Legretta’s mother used magic not used for nearly a decade to heal her daughter. Unfortunately, a young Lusharian soldier assumed she was using witchcraft, and killed Legretta’s mother.

Legretta saw her mother fall before her eyes. Filled with rage, she shot the soldier repeatedly with her crossbow. Once he was dead, Legretta tried to save her mother, but it was useless. Legretta took the money her mother had left, her mother’s coat, and ran away, hate for Lushira burning in her heart.

Legretta fled to Astarte, and renamed herself Elune. She lived in the alleys of Astarte for 5 years, robbing people and even killing to be able to fend for herself. When she was 17, she sold off her knife and crossbow for new, improved ones, and began to take on the role of a mercenary. If a job had to be done, she would do it, no questions asked aside from the money she would receive.

She eventually became known as the Stealth Assassin. Her targets would always be found dead in the night, with an arrow impaling their body. No one dared question her nor face her in combat, for they knew they would face an untimely death.

She barely talks to anyone, preferring to live in solitude. The only things which matter to her are to kill... and to exact revenge.

Edited by JBCWK