Battlestar Galactica strategy game

Tables

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except two different cylons can put in those TRE cards, so that doesn't clear you or anyone else.

Or one Cylon can put in multiple TRE cards, if he/she can play multiple skills.

Or one Cylon can put in multiple TRE cards, if he/she can play multiple skills.

You missed the point, that Wen Yang is implying that if there are two TRE cards, they were put in by the same person.

Indeed, but if in the result we find ourselves with Two TRE cards in the mix, then we know who to be suspicious of at least.

Regardless of how many TRE cards are played, we won't narrow down the suspects.

If we only have one, then we know one Cylon is behaving. If there's two, then it could be one or two Cylons. If it's three, then we've got a problem.

If we only have one, then we know one Cylon is behaving. If there's two, then it could be one or two Cylons. If it's three, then we've got a problem.

Which is what I'm saying. Having two or three TRE cards says nothing about who/who cannot be a cylon. In order for Wen Yang to be clear there has to be 4 TRE cards in the pile.

Let's pretend two things:

1. Wen is a Cylon.

2. His brain went on vacation.

Four TRE cards in the pile could mean he threw in three theoretical TRE cards and someone else chipped in one, so that won't necessarily clear him.

I'd like to reverse engineer the card back to the owner, once the results are in.

Let's pretend two things:

1. Wen is a Cylon.

2. His brain went on vacation.

Four TRE cards in the pile could mean he threw in three theoretical TRE cards and someone else chipped in one, so that won't necessarily clear him.

Wen does not have 3 TRE cards, since Balcerzak confirmed he used his ability.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

Problem is, we don't know what Wen discarded. I'm inclined to believe that he ditched the TRE skills, but assuming things about unknown events tends to be a bad thing.

Problem is, we don't know what Wen discarded. I'm inclined to believe that he ditched the TRE skills, but assuming things about unknown events tends to be a bad thing.

He only had the 2 TRE skills; he had nothing else to discard.

I put my cards in the minute after I saw the mission and posted. Whether or not you want to believe me, that's fine. I'm doing all I can to help, which is a sizable chunk for this month since I can play two cards to help. If you guys think it's good to put in more cards, by all means do so, because we don't wanna fail this mission.

Guest Wen Yang

Kevin, I have a different explanation for what I said, but I'd like to keep that until AFTER the results are in, since otherwise, that would open what I had in mind to the cylons.

FYI, I was not looking to get myself cleared in any manner. I did have some thoughts that COULD lead to narrowing down on suspects however.

The reason I'm throwing in 2 cards is because we failed the check last time, however my numbers are very low so I'll probably seem suspicious, should I maybe remove one of them if you guys want in order to ensure more accuracy for finding scum?

You missed the point, that Wen Yang is implying that if there are two TRE cards, they were put in by the same person.

And you assume this cylon won't just play one TRE card why? Considering how this system works, everyone can just play whatever the hell they want and what we'd be left with will at best be clues.

If me, Kevin, Jaybee, Wen, RD and WoMC play all our positive cards, we should be far into the positive and be left with a relatively small pool of suspects if things do go awry. And the chance of things going awry is relatively small, considering one prime suspect, Wen, has only 1 TRE card to play, and we have no reason to suspect the others just yet.

Remember that there is no sure fire way to success, so what we wanna do is narrow down our list of suspects as much as possible and not mindlessly spam all our skills because the consequence of failing the skill check looks crippling. Remember this is only month 2, we are going to be given a chance to recover.

Changing to one card, since both are equally bad, I'm sticking to just expending the skill I have a low amount of given I can draw another for better result next phase plus it helps scumhunt theoretically.

Bump. 22 hours with no progress is rarely a good sign. It's been 48 hours though, but not everyone has contributed/passed (please do pass if you don't want to play - means that if this happens we can just move on since going an extra 48 hours just because is silly)

I think that's time. Yay!

Bomb Threat

Pass: No Effect

Fail: -2 Morale, -1 Population

Difficulty: 15

Skills: LEA/TAC

LEA-1

LEA-2

LEA-2

LEA-3

LEA-3

LEA-4

TAC-3

TAC-3

TAC-3

TAC-3

TAC-4

TAC-4

TAC-5

Total: 37: Pass TWICE: No effect

Live and learn, I guess. On the one hand, a lot of wasted skills. On the other, that was one of the nastiest crises (don't worry, the crisis deck is psuedorandom so you won't have all of the really nasty crises, or all the nice ones for that matter) and with no Cylons sabotaging, it was hardly surprising you'd overshoot by a landslide

Ceadeus as Cain: 2 skills (2 left in hand)

Kevin as Roslin: 1 skill (3 left in hand)

Excellen Browning as Baltar: Pass (4 left in hand)

Wen Yang as Anders: 2 skills (1 left in hand)

JBCWK as Gaeta: 1 skill (4 left in hand)

BK-201 as Zarek: 1 skill (3 left in hand)

Queen as Kat: 2 skills (2 left in hand)

Eclipse as Cally: 1 skill (3 left in hand)

WeaponsOfMassConstruction as Leoben: 2 skills (3 left in hand)

Radiant Dragon as Ellen: 1 skill (3 left in hand)

Action phase. Morale and Population remain at 5.

Edit: Why yes, Cally, you can. So long as 'annoying' doesn't involve the pointing of a gun.

Edited by I Eat Tables

Guest Wen Yang

Lol.

This is why I don't want EVERYONE to play theirs. laugh.gif

Oh well, what's done is done, we passed the check, and nobody even tried to sabotage it. Can't really do much on Cylon-deduction since they either behaved or passed.

I'm drawing two cards this turn, to prepare for the next crisis better.

Month 3: Revelations (Both initial Cylons find out who their partner is)

Month 4: Sleeper Phase (the two sleeper Cylons will find out that they aren't human)

Excellen, use your detection this month or next month, so long as it's before month 4.