Battlestar Galactica strategy game

Tables

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does seem a little odd. Clear someone who wasn't even a suspect immediately after the Cylons find out who eachother are?

As for Eclipse, we'll have to wait and see, she had to host Duel Terminal at the same time, so her activity may change now

Excellen has been against hunting for the Cylons since the beginning, so why would he pick Gaius Baltar? Unless his reluctance to finding the toasters stems from the fact that he is one.

Brig: Excellen Browning

I think all Excellen is sitting on right now is two TRE and one POL, so even if we're wrong doing this shouldn't hurt that much.

Brig: Excellen Browning

Now seems like a good time to point out that people can vote for no brig, and of course it will beat a brigging if it's outvoted.

Votals:

Baltar: 4+ (Cain, Zarek*2+, Ellen)

That seems rather unbalanced.

The Cylons certainly have a lot of power later in the game. But they also need to make a big impact if they want to win, and start out weak. I mean we're almost 1/3rd of the way through the game and I think enough I'm not giving anything away saying that without sabotage this will be an easy pass for the humans, so you're be going into the sleeper phase with massive hands of skills and at full resources.

The brig is essentially military prison. When a player gets thrown into the brig, all of their skills strengths are halved, and while a player is in the brig, they can only play at most one skill into a skill check, and all skill cards drawn have their value halved. If released from the brig, all of their skills are doubled in value, minus 1 (so 1->1, 2->3, 3->5).

Okay, so brig me. Kind of a bitch I'll get half value cards, but whatever.

Incorrect.

Care to tell me where I went wrong, then? That was nothing more than a theory, after all.

Edit: Also, are we allowed to brig multiple people per month?

Edited by Radiant Dragon

Ok, guys, stop.

See that condition there? Pol and Tac.

I have only played one card since the beginning of the game, on Month 2, IIRC.

What I'm saying is that I have a fuckload of Tac and Pol cards, and this is the perfect crisis for me to solo.

If we pass this, then great. If anyone else plays a card, they're confirmed to be cylon.

If you guys are fine with it, let me play all the cards I can to pass this, and then no one else do anything.

Thoughts?

Also ##Brig Excellen

• JBCWK BSG psot
  • JBCWK aka haze, rd, wen
  • Excellen Br ...And not me?
  • Radiant Dragon I still want to find the Cylons, but with everyone able to solo these crises, there seems to be little chance.
  • JBCWK and you
  • 6:25 PM
  • Wen Yang Coming in a bit
  • Wen Yang gimme a sec
  • Wen Yang Still checking some things in my mafia
  • Excellen Br ...Man I told you hunting Cylons isn't our priority
  • Ceadeus If I turn sleeper I can single handedly tank any POL check I want
  • Ceadeus you know that right?
  • Ceadeus Wouldn't it pay off to know that and have me brigged/shot?
  • Psychology has entered the room
  • Radiant Dragon Excellen, that mentality is going to lose us the game later on.
  • Excellen Br... It would
  • JBCWK No, because if you go and bomb your skills in, we'll know you're a Cylon
  • Excellen Br... Not if we push cylons into revealing now
  • Wen Yang If I turn out sleeper, I could single-handedly tank any check with TAC-negative too.
  • Ceadeus and then I reveal as Cylon, further punishing you JB
  • Wen Yang Same with HAze, actually
  • Radiant Dragon But he could bomb a check, then reveal.
  • Wen Yang Argh
  • Wen Yang So many possibilities
  • Radiant Dragon You guys do remember this game is NOC, right?
  • Ceadeus I can picture it now. POL CHECK FAIL. -MORALE. HAZE(ADMIRAL CAIN) HAS REVEALED AS CYLON -MORALE
  • Paperblade You guys have to survive 12 cycles?
  • Ceadeus (That's just a guess by the way)
  • Ceadeus Yeah sorry RD
  • Excellen Br... Yes
Edited by Radiant Dragon

Guest Wen Yang

I would prefer if we could try getting more Cylons early, but I'll leave that decision to the majority.

Also, is it just me or is Excellen acting bloody scummy here? Not inspecting one of the suspects and going for someone else instead? Right after the cylons know of each other and right BEFORE the sleepers wake?

##BRIG: Excellen

I'm letting Kevin off suspicion ONLY because we have exactly two cylons so far, and since neither he nor excellen are part of the five who must have one cylon in between them, there can't be more than one among the remaining five.

Also, if help is needed, I got a good hand for this crisis.

More logs.

• Obviam: post if ur mafia
  • Radiant Dragon: Who do you think is the second Cylon, Wen?
  • Radiant Dragon: Post.
  • Wen Yang: posting in thread
  • Radiant Dragon: Good.
  • Wen Yang: posted
  • Wen Yang: I said that I have my suspicion about it in my previous post already
  • JBCWK: post
  • JBCWK: We can't execute, sadly
  • Radiant Dragon: Yet.
  • Highlander&...has entered the room
  • 6:55 PM
  • Wen Yang: We can actually
  • Wen Yang: If Eclipse uses her ability.
  • Radiant Dragon: I'm not sure using that bullet on Excellen is the best plan, yet.
  • Radiant Dragon: I'd rather wait and see what happens.
  • Wen Yang: It's one shot, but getting one early might help a lot since we still have the pop/morale to spare even if it's wrong
  • Wen Yang: Me neither, just pointing out suggestions
  • JBCWK: You guys know Bal is here, right
  • Balcerzak**waves**
  • Radiant Dragon: I know.
  • Paperblade: inb4everyoneismodkilled
  • JBCWK: 8D
  • Balcerzak: this should really all be going on in the permanent thread, by the way
  • Paperblade: ez cylon victory
  • Wen Yang: We'll post it there. ;)
  • Ceadeus: lol
  • Wen Yang: we always do
  • Radiant Dragon: I keep trying to move it over, and people keep bringing it back...
  • Wen Yang: just that it's more convenient saying it here. XD
  • Ceadeus: God Wen keeps repeating everything I say in BSG
  • Balcerzak: yes, real time does have some conveniences. But...
  • Highlander&...has left the room
  • Balcerzak: Not everyone can always see IP
  • Ceadeus: Yeah
  • Wen Yang: indeed
  • Paperblade: aye
  • Wen Yang: gone for 5, brb
  • 7:00 PM
  • Psychologyhas left the room
  • Obviam: wen, you're mafia?
  • Obviam: guess we have to lynch the host
  • Balcerzak: I'll be afk for a bit, going to watch a movie. I hope to find all productive discussion taking place in the main BSG thread

1. My apologies for seeming distracted. My car developed a flat, then lost a battle to a SUV. I still need to fix the latter, which happened while I was parked at home. Work has gone from okay to FML (and will remain at FML for the next couple of weeks, at least). At least Duel Terminal's out of the way!

2. However, Weapons, if you'd like, I'll be more than happy to sit this crisis out. My amazing card luck has struck again, and my hand is :facepalm:-worthy.

3. Unless you guys give me a super-compelling reason, I'm holding my fire until Month 4, at least. I'll be more likely to shoot a Cylon then.

4. Though I'm uncomfortable with brigging someone (as my brain is tired), Excellen said he didn't mind, so. . .

##Brig: Excellen