Battlestar Galactica strategy game

Tables

Hmmm. . .Wen, if you don't mind cooperating with RD, then RD can give the TRE skills to Wen, who can then discard them with his ability.

I was just about to ask if Wen wanted to do this.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Wen Yang

You do realize that you'd know right away if I did not get rid of those cards come next month, don't you?

Of course, now I should also throw the possibility that you might have been the one that sabotaged us. wink.gif

Guest Wen Yang

and yeah, I will agree that at the moment, any of us four who could have played that TAC card is a suspect for being a cylon.

I am open to any other suggestions to getting rid of these two goddamn troll cards in my hand.

..Is there any real rush to get rid of them? The hand limit is ten. As I said, I myself am not comfortable throwing extra TRE cards to one of the top Cylon suspects(myself being the other.)

The primary annoyance is losing your original hands.

Edited by Ceadeus

I'd also like to suggest everyone not taking a character specific action draw cards.

Unless they're a filthy toaster, in which case they should idle.

Wen probably shouldn't use his ability unless RD gives him his TRE cards(which he shouldn't IMO), because all he'd do is disgard 2 TRE and draw 2 cards. It's a waste of a skill, just draw instead.

Guest Wen Yang

Also a good question has been asked and I'll clarify: Whenever you see me say {Skill} Rating-X, what it means is that a skill with strength based on X will be generated. So for example, a Tactics Rating-3 could give you a TAC-1 or a TAC-4 depending on your luck, but would average at a strength of 2.25 (so TAC-1's you would expect to be rare, TAC-2's slightly more common, TAC-3's more common still, and TAC-4's probably a little less common than TAC-2's, and TAC-5's may or may not be possible from it (it's a secret!).

I will however tell you that Skills are no weaker than 1 and no stronger than 6. I'll also reveal that strength 2 and 3 cards can be generated from any skill rating (with varying chances)

I just noticed something that further complicates matters.

This means the following:

ANYONE with LEA-3 could have played those LEA-4 cards.

ANYONE with TAC-4 could have played that TAC-5 card.

People with TAC-3 rating MIGHT be able to play that TAC-5 card as well.

Which further means that, Any of the 8 that played their cards could have played those LEA-4 cards, with the ones having best chances of doing so being Haze, followed by myself and RD.

The bigger problem is that since assuming from the example of a 3-rating potentially getting a 4, then a 4-rating can potentially get a 5... that means that the following people all have a chance to get a TAC-5 card and play it at the previous crisis:

- myself (TAC-6)

- Haze (TAC-6)

- Rein (TAC-5 OR PIL-4)

- BK-201 (TAC-4)

- Eclipse (TAC-4)

JB and WoMC are free for suspicion for the time being, since they passed (indeed, had they played a card, that would mean that they are a cylon for certain).

We can also rule out Kevin, Excellen, and RD since none of them has TAC skills to play.

Which leaves us with five suspects.

Something interesting to note, although this could be a casual mistake that anyone could make:

Neither BK-201 nor Eclipse included themselves in the suspect list they each wrote.

We get three suspects from this: Caedeus, Wen Yang, and Queen as they are the only ones who can have Tac-5 that played a card, unless I'm wrong and you can draw Tac-5 w/ a Tac <4.

1. We know that JB and WoMC didn't play that TAC card.

2. If I'm reading the roles right, Kevin, Excellen, and RD didn't play it.

3. I know I helped with this crisis, even though it wasn't enough.

4. So the moron who went and screwed us up is one of Haze, Wen Yang, BK-201, and Queen.

We might have failed the mission, but one of the four above played that TAC card. Keep those four in mind, Excellen. I'm not entirely comfortable with a 25% shot of hitting scum, but if you think it's worth the risk. . .

Now, of course Haze says he is not the cylon, I say I am not the cylon, and Rein says he is not the cylon.

Which puts us with five potential suspects, any of which could be a cylon. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Suggestion, guys?

Guest Wen Yang

I'd also like to suggest everyone not taking a character specific action draw cards.

Unless they're a filthy toaster, in which case they should idle.

Wen probably shouldn't use his ability unless RD gives him his TRE cards(which he shouldn't IMO), because all he'd do is disgard 2 TRE and draw 2 cards. It's a waste of a skill, just draw instead.

Haze: I think I have unlimited actions, and if I draw cards, I only get two anyway. Why not get rid of the TRE while I'm at it?

Something interesting to note, although this could be a casual mistake that anyone could make:

Neither BK-201 nor Eclipse included themselves in the suspect list they each wrote.

This is quite a good catch. Well done.

Guest Wen Yang

WoMC, if your skill is infinite-use, may I suggest you use it now? that would give you a better hand for the next crisis, I'd think.

either way you'd get two cards, but this way you can pick the second one to match the next crisis.

Guest Wen Yang

Also, I'm putting this here for ease of reference. Since I believe that Tables' post that I quoted earlier confirms that we can definitely get up to +1/-2 from our skill ratings, with strength 2 and 3 cards available from any skill rating, I reclassified everyone's skill ratings to account for what cards they can potentially get:

Ceadeus - Cain - TAC 2-6, LEA 2-6

Kevin - Roslin - POL 2-6, LEA 1-4

Excellen - Baltar - POL 2-5, LEA 1-4

Wen - Anders - TAC 2-6, LEA 2-5

JB - Gaeta - TAC 2-6, POL 2-5

BK-201 - Zarek - POL 2-6, TAC 2-5, LEA 1-4

Queen - Kat - TAC 2-6, PIL 2-5

Eclipse - Cally - TAC 2-5, POL 1-4, LEA 1-4

WoMC - Leoben - TAC 2-5, POL 1-4

RD - Ellen - POL 2-6, LEA 2-5

I just noticed something that further complicates matters.

This means the following:

ANYONE with LEA-3 could have played those LEA-4 cards.

ANYONE with TAC-4 could have played that TAC-5 card.

People with TAC-3 rating MIGHT be able to play that TAC-5 card as well.

Which further means that, Any of the 8 that played their cards could have played those LEA-4 cards, with the ones having best chances of doing so being Haze, followed by myself and RD.

The bigger problem is that since assuming from the example of a 3-rating potentially getting a 4, then a 4-rating can potentially get a 5... that means that the following people all have a chance to get a TAC-5 card and play it at the previous crisis:

- myself (TAC-6)

- Haze (TAC-6)

- Rein (TAC-5 OR PIL-4)

- BK-201 (TAC-4)

- Eclipse (TAC-4)

JB and WoMC are free for suspicion for the time being, since they passed (indeed, had they played a card, that would mean that they are a cylon for certain).

We can also rule out Kevin, Excellen, and RD since none of them has TAC skills to play.

Now, of course Haze says he is not the cylon, I say I am not the cylon, and Rein says he is not the cylon.

Which puts us with five potential suspects, any of which could be a cylon. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Suggestion, guys?

You missed this:

unless I'm wrong and you can draw Tac-5 w/ a Tac <4.

Guest Wen Yang

Excellen, when do you have your result?

If you have your result right away, then that might be a good idea. Otherwise, maybe you ought to draw some cards first and use your ability tomorrow night. We might need all the help we can get for the next crisis.

Guest Wen Yang

JB, we're only fucked if the Cylon decides to expose him/herself prematurely, since it'll be clear when they do that.

Also, keep in mind that there are TWO Cylons at the start, the second of which is not necessarily one of the five suspects so far.

On a side note, only four suspects have TRE cards. I'm discarding mine (plus one of RDs if he gives me one) using my ability.

Also, JB, your ability might be crucial. Using it, I think we can brig BOTH cylons at the same phase, which should give us an edge to say the least.

Edited by Wen Yang

Guest Wen Yang

What I'm worried about is that you have a 20% chance to get a cylon, with an ability that is only two-use. I'd personally prefer to save it for next phase in case we can narrow down the possibility of who are the cylons more.

That, and like I said, with all the TRE cards around, we might need all the help we can get for passing the next crisis.