FE8 Hack with custom events

Misuto

I was wondering if anyone out there's done a FE8 hack with custom events, maps, and such - a "chocolate" hack, if you will.

For whatever reason, chapters 2 and beyond don't work right after I've inserted new chapters (in empty spaces) to point to. I've somewhat narrowed down the problem but have had little success fixing it, and I've posted this question on Shrine of Seals as well, but I can't seem to even find an FE8 hack that's used custom events.

I have a feeling it has something to do with world map events, but I'm not sure :/

( The thread on SoS )

Try contacting Mage Knight 404, as he's the only person I know here who has a completed FE8 hack.

Lolwut? His FE8 hack is nowhere near finished xD

You should ask him either way, as he's the only person I know who's finished a full custom event chapter in FE8.

Lolwut? His FE8 hack is nowhere near finished xD

You should ask him either way, as he's the only person I know who's finished a full custom event chapter in FE8.

Huh, I thought it was done! We are talking about the same one, right? Oh well, either way, he should still be able to help the guy.

Huh, I thought it was done! We are talking about the same one, right? Oh well, either way, he should still be able to help the guy.

If you're thinking of A Sacred Dawn, then, no, it is not finished. If you're thinking of his other hack, FE404, then it is, but it's a hack of FE7.

Either way, yes, I think Ray should be able to help.

Well, unless I just didn't go far enough, A Sacred Dawn just had new maps and graphics for the first few chapters. If the events were changed at all, though, I'd like to know what part of it I can't change so that it won't crash on me.

..Well, I'm going to play around with that a little more before I contact him about that. Thanks for the tip though!

FE7 is the way to go......always.

I was told that before too, but FE8 seems to have a lot more features I can utilize. I rather like the branching promotions, too.

The only issue is how little documentation there is on editing it, and problems like these that I run into. Worse comes to worst, I'll probably have to switch over to hacking FE7... but I've already done a lot prepping my hack for FE8, so I'd like to avoid that.

Well, unless I just didn't go far enough, A Sacred Dawn just had new maps and graphics for the first few chapters. If the events were changed at all, though, I'd like to know what part of it I can't change so that it won't crash on me.

The latest chapters for it were made with events done completely from scratch, after MK404 learned how to do events.

If you'd rather play around with it before asking, then go for it.

As for switching to FE7, it would be a lot easier to hack than FE8, though I see why you would want to do FE8.