• Lowen
    • Rath
    • Guy
    • Karel
    • Karla
    • Matthew
    • Legault
    • Jaffar
    • Placeholder (choose only if your choice is in the next group)
  2. 2. More choices.

• Placeholder (choose only if your choice is in the first group)
    • Raven
    • Harken
    • Florina
    • Fiora
    • Farina
    • Heath
    • Vaida
    • Eliwood
    • Hector
    • Lyn

I would bet that he meant it in the sense that while Raven and Harken can both be heroes, Harken can't be a merc, though it is better to wait for someone to clarify before making assumptions about them.

Marcus is Marcus, though I figured at least one person would've voted for Matthew.

yes i actually meant this, sorry for not making myself quite clear

I think you should add people who main swords. You know, not having a lead rank like Isadora does, but people like Raven and Guy (Yeah, I know Raven gets axes later).

Too many choices make it really tough. People might as well just go with Marcus because he can solo with them swords.

Actually, the way I see it, the two sentences have distinct meanings.

"Who is the best (Sword user)?"

Means that of the characters who are sword users, which is the best?

"Who is the (best user) of swords?"

Asks who uses Swords the best. As in, who will give you the most bang for your buck if you give them a sword. But even in this case, characters such as Marcus and Hector are still great sword users, since they have good stats and in Marcus' case, good movement. As a result, they produce the best results with a sword. One could argue that they don't 'need' swords to provide combat output while units such as Guy do need swords to provide combat output, but of course one needs some kind of weapon in order to provide combat output, and I feel like it would be penalising them for being able to equip weapons other than swords, which is just nonsensical.

They are the same, just worded differently. I literally just switched the words around and added "of." You're reading too much into it.

In any case, I don't like that interpretation because it means Marcus wins, like, everything except Magic. And even there he might stand a good chance.

They are the same, just worded differently. I literally just switched the words around and added "of." You're reading too much into it.

In any case, I don't like that interpretation because it means Marcus wins, like, everything except Magic. And even there he might stand a good chance.

A wise man once said "Marcus would win Best Unit for every category in the game, with the exception of 'units that aren't Marcus', but even then he'd be close."

Well, I don't remember the exact quote, but it was something like that.

In any case, I don't like that interpretation because it means Marcus wins, like, everything

At the risk of sounding like a Youtuber, I think this is the case for you and 24 others.

Marcus is good, and pretty conistent through the whole game, bur Raven just catches up with his swords and rains death on anything he attacks, especially after promotion, while Marcus tends to slow down from the middle of the game onwards in terms of usefulness, compared to other users of the sword like Raven, Guy, Sain, etc..

In terms of who is needed... Anyone could play through early game well, especially with Marcus. It's just a fact that when Raven comes along, shit gets a lot easier.

Marcus is obviously good and all considering he exists from Ch.12 and his growths mean he will perform decently by the end of the game, but his performance (apart from movement) soon gets matched and outdone by Raven, and maybe even Guy in normal modes.

Superior weapon triangle and superior movement only means so much when you can't survive on your own, in which case Marcus can get easily killed in a lot of cases from Ch.20 HHM onwards. The same goes for Raven, but his ability to survive gangrape only increases the more he gets used.

Someone has voted incorrectly! Lwik! You didn't click on one of the placeholder options! You voted both Raven and Kent, which I guess it doesn't matter, since I never expected Kent to even get a vote in the first place. But if you would fix it, I would appreciate it.

Ah, and takes a 20/-- Raven to Endgame. That makes perfect sense!

I took a 20/-- Joshua and 20/-- Marisa to Endgame once. Both of them died. Garcia was left at home at the same level.

It was a ... memorable first run.

Marcus is good, and pretty conistent through the whole game, bur Raven just catches up with his swords and rains death on anything he attacks, especially after promotion, while Marcus tends to slow down from the middle of the game onwards in terms of usefulness, compared to other users of the sword like Raven, Guy, Sain, etc..

In terms of who is needed... Anyone could play through early game well, especially with Marcus. It's just a fact that when Raven comes along, shit gets a lot easier.

Marcus is obviously good and all considering he exists from Ch.12 and his growths mean he will perform decently by the end of the game, but his performance (apart from movement) soon gets matched and outdone by Raven, and maybe even Guy in normal modes.

Superior weapon triangle and superior movement only means so much when you can't survive on your own, in which case Marcus can get easily killed in a lot of cases from Ch.20 HHM onwards. The same goes for Raven, but his ability to survive gangrape only increases the more he gets used.

Your post is so dondon bait...