Things in FE4 that you miss

Lwik

Hey guys , with FE12 someone in limbo for the port to the US , looking back on this game i was wondering what you all think would be good things from FE4 that should make a return the next time they make a brand new game ( none remake)

personally i would like the big long chapters again, in those battles its just makes it feel so much more epic than shorter chapters.

i would also like to see personal gold come back and the area where it was all set and once you finsihed it for that chapter thats all you got for the next chapter .

anyway any one elses thoughts?

I most distinctly do not like the big long chapters, but to each his own. And I doubly so wouldn't like to see personal gold or the trading travesty that ensued.

That said, I'd like...

wait, no, that was a staple. How about...

hm.

I can't think of any single FE4 element that I'd want in another game. Even the stars (love growth, second generation) would lose much of their luster being used again.

Edited by Integrity

I hated the big chapters, since they just seemed to drag the game on, and make it pretty boring.

The only thing in FE4 I liked enough to want to see implemented again was the Arena, which could possibly replace BEXP. I haven't played FE12 yet though, so I don't know how that Arena works.

The only thing in FE4 I liked enough to want to see implemented again was the Arena, which could possibly replace BEXP. I haven't played FE12 yet though, so I don't know how that Arena works.

FE 12 Arena works on the Battle Prep. screen is that you bet gold like in the on map arena but you do not gain any more, whatever you bet you do not get back even if you win.

FE 12 Arena works on the Battle Prep. screen is that you bet gold like in the on map arena but you do not gain any more, whatever you bet you do not get back even if you win.

Is that the only difference?

One thing I think would be cool would be having different enemy armies on the same map, like FE4 did. Having multiple enemy phases was kind of cool IMO.

Nothing. Most of the features work as a collective whole--and unless that collective whole returns, it's going to bring broken, unmatched features into a new game, and it'll be wonky to deal with. FE4 works as a complete package--if features were to return, they would return best in a similar package. Small things, such as weapon information (triangle!) aren't as bad, and work fine.

FE4 Arena is not a replacement for BEXP. FE4 Arena allows units that are already kicking ass to gain more experience and more gold and kick even more ass. In that sense, the Arena only really helps units that are already good, exacerbating the gap between 'good units' and 'bad units'. Whereas BEXP does allow units that are at a disadvantage to catch up.

One thing I think would be cool would be having different enemy armies on the same map, like FE4 did. Having multiple enemy phases was kind of cool IMO.

Yes, because enemy phases are so fun to sit through, and it's really exciting to see an arbitrary distinction between different sets of generic red units that want to kill you.

Edited by Black★Star

I think separate enemy phases could actually be utilized interestingly if the enemies were occasionally also inclined to kill each other.

But FE4's use where they're just all enemies was kinda pointless.

I generally find I tend to miss those 3 peggies at the end, >:( stupid cows with their high avoid :(

I miss enemy's triangle attack (never mind how useless it is).

And how much they kill themselves trying to do it!

The skill system (other than Pursuit and Critical) made the game interesting. Luck was pretty useless as a stat (almost a lame version of Speed). Multiple phases were alright, I wish they utilized more Allies though. Each time the Nodion trio had their phase, I was praying that they wouldn't do something stupid.

And how much they kill themselves trying to do it!

Ah, the mage girls trio.

Luck was pretty useless as a stat (almost a lame version of Speed).

At least they are quite useful in FE5. Prayer and critical evasion.

If I had to choose, I'd probably say the generation system. Though, if I was in charge, it wouldn't work quite the same as it did in FE4.

So, you hated having allies around so you want more?

Because there were so few of them, it meant that if they were stupid, they'd all die.

The generation system could be interesting with newer mechanics. Build being inherited the same way as growths could be interesting. Especially with Arden. Even PCC could work that way. A newer critical formula would be good too.