Portrait I made

Regal Bryant

Keep your sprites to one topic, multiple topics clog up the forum.

Anyway, you're using MSPaint default colors, not a smart choice, since they're neon, you have also colored all his hair as the same color, which isn't exactly....recoloring.

Also, never use pure black.

Use existing palletes, don't try making your own, especially if you're just starting.

Giving crit =/= putting you down. Grow a pair.

Edited by Shirona

Or totally ignore what I said and put me down...

They aren't putting you down, they're trying to help you make better stuff in the future.

This is what they call critique. It's supposed to help you. No one here is instinctively insulting you, only showing ways to improve, which I'm assuming is something you want to do.

Edit: Somehow 3 people beat me to the chase.

Edited by ThatGuyDownTheStreet

I don't see how we're putting you down, we're giving criticism and advice on foruming.

If you don't wan to accept any of this, then don't post your sprites.

If you're looking for praise, look elsewhere, we are here to help you get better.

I don't need a facepalm directed at me, but at yourself.

Namely, this one:

SigurdPalm.png

As I said before, if you're going to post sprites on a forum, it's free for criticism and/or comments.

If you want us "motherfuckers" to go away, you can probably stop trying to provoke us.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

We get it, you're trying to show us how much you fail by posting the same thing twice. Its not possible for someone to be this mentally retarded, maybe you have aspegers like the last troll. Share his fate, we dont need failures like you on this forum.

Attention? I'm trying to get you motherfuckers away.

Seeing as this is a public forum, and the point of the spriting section is to give advice to people to help improve their spriting, I doubt that'll happen any time soon.

Observe, Bryant:

Not putting you down:

"Don't block colour anything, shading exists for a reason, his hair looks like a carboard cutout without it. Additionally as a rule of thumb, don't use MS Paint's default colours, especially not black.

You used the circle tool and line tool to make the glasses, this is a poor choice, as it doesn't match the perspective, Eliwood is facing to the left slightly, therefore the shape of the two lenses would not be the same. Additionally as a rule of thumb, never use MS Paint's circle tool, ever.

Try to keep all of your sprites to a single thread, like everyone else does, this allows the sprite forum to remain nice and neat, and allow people who may be viewing it easy access to a particular member's sprite thread. For example, I want to take a look at a particular mug that Luminescent Blade made, I can just hop over to her thread without having to dig through a ton of threads that she made instead."

The above is called giving constructive criticism, try listening to it so that you can improve on your spriting.

Now, THIS is putting you down:

"Bryant stop being a fucking pussy and bitching because someone gave you advice about how to improve a sprite."

Notice the difference? I want an essay on the differences between put downs and criticism on monday, class dismissed.

This lesson courtesy of Professor Haze of Serenes University.

Edited by Ceadeus

Wow, you people are really nice. :) I please ask that you just stop on this topic, I need a moderator to lock it, somethin like that, it's just not getting anywhere and it's making me lose faith in the world again.

Observe, Bryant:

Not putting you down:

"Don't block colour anything, shading exists for a reason, his hair looks like a carboard cutout without it. Additionally as a rule of thumb, don't use MS Paint's default colours, especially not black.

You used the circle tool and line tool to make the glasses, this is a poor choice, as it doesn't match the perspective, Eliwood is facing to the left slightly, therefore the shape of the two lenses would not be the same. Additionally as a rule of thumb, never use MS Paint's circle tool, ever.

Try to keep all of your sprites to a single thread, like everyone else does, this allows the sprite forum to remain nice and neat, and allow people who may be viewing it easy access to a particular member's sprite thread. For example, I want to take a look at a particular mug that Luminescent Blade made, I can just hop over to her thread without having to dig through a ton of threads that she made instead."

The above is called giving constructive criticism, try listening to it so that you can improve on your spriting.

Now, THIS is putting you down:

"Bryant stop being a fucking pussy and bitching because someone gave you advice about how to improve a sprite."

Notice the difference? I want an essay on the differences between put downs and criticism on monday, class dismissed.

This lesson courtesy of Professor Haze of Serenes University.

I used the pencil tool :):

This is really dumb, but uh...if you people see others acting like this, just ignore the topic. We'll see the report(s) and in the meantime, there'll be less clutter and such.