Character Problems

Peachy

My Guy replacement is a Cavalier, and he starts with a Javelin and a Light Brand.

The Javelin works fine, but when the Light Brand is used, his battle sprite becomes an Assassin. So I switched the sword to another sword, but it resulted in the same "glitch".

Is there some NM module I need to edit to fix this?

My second problem is that I edited a mug of one of the characters in my game. A cutscene loads, and the game stops. The edited character wasn't even part of the cutscene (The edited character was Marcus; The characters in the cutscene were Hector and Eliwood).

So, what happened there?

Edited by WINgull

For the Guy replacement problem, it's because you have the special animation for Guy on IIRC. What you need to do is go to him in the character module in nightmare and go down to custom animations and set both the unpromoted and promoted to none. This should work.

IDK what's wrong with your other problem, but is it possible you could post a picture of the portrait? Maybe that would let people get a better understanding of the problem.

The character editing module doesn't have a none option, so I put it on default. Both are on default. I'd let you know if it worked, but because of the second problem, I can't access the playing part of the game.

Here's the portrait.

Cecilia.png

I used it as a test to see if I could get it to work.

Yeah, default should be right.

BTW, Cecilia is from FE6, who has no blinking frames. Did you dump it from FE6 and insert it into FE7 without any changes?

IIRC that's doable, they just don't have the frames. If not you'll have to get the frames, or at least the eyes. That's not hard, just go 16 pixels up from the top of the mouth frames.

Yeah, I dumped it from FE6 to FE7...

Lol.

IIRC that's doable, they just don't have the frames. If not you'll have to get the frames, or at least the eyes. That's not hard, just go 16 pixels up from the top of the mouth frames.

LOL.

Yeah, the format for FE6 mugs is different than FE7 mugs, iirc. You'd have to set it up like an FE7/8 mug to insert it properly.

Unless I'm thinking old FEditor. I might be `~`

Yeah, the format for FE6 mugs is different than FE7 mugs, iirc. You'd have to set it up like an FE7/8 mug to insert it properly.

Unless I'm thinking old FEditor. I might be `~`

Well I never did direct importing, but are you talking about the 128x112 format or the other one?

I know that much, so I guess you need to make makeshift frames.

As for why you got the freeze, it's BECAUSE FE6 has no blinking frames. If you took out the blinking frames on Selena and tried it again it would work.

It was a cutscene where Hector and Eliwood were talking about sparing, and their win loss record with each other. It was their C-support text. It worked before I inserted the Cecillia picture. Like the Cecilia picture, it was a test to see if I could figure out how to do it.

Here's the text. It hasn't been edited in anyway.

Hector: Ah, Eliwood! It’s good to see you’re still well!

Eliwood: Hm. You expected otherwise?

Hector: No, of course not. I knew you’d be fine.

Eliwood: Hector, wait for a moment. What did you want?

Hector: Nothing. It’s enough to see that you live and are still fighting. Just wanted to make sure you weren’t overdoing it with me not around.

Eliwood: I should say the same to you.

Hector: Me? Don’t worry about me. I’m fine. I’m built tough, you know. A little too much is just enough for me. But you, you’ve never a hardy one, Eliwood. Nor are you used to travel. Go on too long and you’ll collapse.

Eliwood: We’re all weaklings compared to you, Hector. ...Thankfully, wars are not won by strength alone, eh? We’ve been sparring once every two months since we were twelve, and of 30 matches, 14 I won, 12 I lost, and 4 were draws.

Hector: Erh? I think not! I recall 31 matches--an even 13-13 split, with 5 draws!

Eliwood: Yes, well, you recall wrong. I’m in the right.

Hector: Hmph. And what makes you so certain?

Eliwood: Whose snoring was it that shook the rafters in number class?

Hector: Ah, good point.

Eliwood: ...Still, I’m touched you were worried about me. Now, back to the fray!

Hector: Hey, wait! ...Blast.

I know that much, so I guess you need to make makeshift frames.

As for why you got the freeze, it's BECAUSE FE6 has no blinking frames. If you took out the blinking frames on Selena and tried it again it would work.

So you're wanting me to get rid of Selena's blinking frames. Because I have her in to replace Cecilia's sprite, and it's still freezing.

Edited by WINgull

Okay, I am really confused now.

So I went into my text file, and removed the event that triggered the cutscene. Then I went into my game, and I got a bunch of vertical green lines running through the screen.

Then I went into FEditor to remove Selena's portrait and try to replace it with Marcus, the original character. But I can't even access the Portrait Editor now. All the other tools work fine now.

I'm debating restarting now, because I can't figure out what the heck is going on.

So I started over (not a big loss), and everything was working fine. I decided to edit the names of my characters. I saved it with FEditor, and went to test the game.

Everything loaded fine. Player Phase played by on the screen, and then all the units (player and enemy) disappeared and it froze.

What could have caused this? I checked it again with FEditor, and my text was saved.

I sure can.

//Made by markyjoe1990 of Youtube

//Modified by Nintenlord

#define DISABLE_TUTORIALS

#include EAstdlib.event

EventPointerTable(0x06,ThisChapter)

ORG 0xD80000

ThisChapter:

POIN Turn_events

POIN Character_events

POIN Location_events

POIN Misc_events

POIN BallistaData BallistaData

POIN Bad Bad Bad Bad

POIN Good Good Good Good

POIN Opening_event Ending_event

Bad:

UNIT Batta Paladin 0x00 Level(1,Enemy,False) [16,10] [16,10] [steelSword,HandAxe,Javelin,Elixir] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]

UNIT Bern Cavalier Batta Level(17,Enemy,True) [15,10] [15,10] [steelSword,Elixir] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]

UNIT Bern Cavalier Batta Level(17,Enemy,True) [16,9] [16,9] [steelSpear,Elixir] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]

UNIT Bern Fighter Batta Level(16,Enemy,True) [12,3] [12,3] [ironAxe,HandAxe] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]

UNIT Bern Fighter Batta Level(16,Enemy,True) [14,4] [14,4] [ironAxe,HandAxe] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]

UNIT Bern Myrmidon Batta Level(16,Enemy,True) [2,9] [2,9] [steelSword] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]

UNIT Bern Myrmidon Batta Level(16,Enemy,True) [3,9] [3,9] [ironSword,Vulnerary] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]

UNIT Bern Knight Batta Level(16,Enemy,True) [9,5] [9,5] [steelSpear,Vulnerary] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]

UNIT Bern Mage Batta Level(16,Enemy,True) [10,5] [10,5] [Thunder] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]

UNIT Bern Knight Batta Level(16,Enemy,True) [8,5] [8,5] [steelSpear,Vulnerary] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]

UNIT Bern Mage Batta Level(16,Enemy,True) [11,5] [11,5] [Thunder] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]

UNIT

Good:

UNIT Lyn_t Prince 0x00 Level(13,Ally,False) [4,3] [5,5] [Thunder,Vulnerary] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]

UNIT Marcus Sage_F Lyn_t Level(2,Ally,False) [4,3] [7,4] [Elfire,Heal] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]UNIT Empty

UNIT Raven PegasusKnight Lyn_t Level(15,Ally,False) [4,3] [5,0] [ironSpear,Javelin] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]

UNIT Geitz Mercenary Lyn_t Level(15,Ally,False) [4,3] [5,6] [steelSword] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]

UNIT Guy WyvernKnight Lyn_t Level(14,Ally,False) [4,3] [5,5] [steelSpear,Javelin] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]

UNIT Karel Knight Lyn_t Level(13,Ally,False) [4,3] [4,3] [steelSpear, Elixir, AngelicRobe] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]

Turn_events:

TURN 0x00 Opening_event [01,00] 0x0 0x00

TURN

Character_events:

CHAR

Location_events:

LOCA

Misc_events:

CauseGameOverIfLordDies

AFEV

Opening_event:

LOU1 Bad

LOU1 Good

ENUN

ENDA

Ending_event:

//MNCH 0x??

STAL 1

_0x1

ENDA

BallistaData:

BLST

ALIGN 4

MESSAGE Events end at offset currentOffset

//The map for this chapter is at offset: ????????

If you're wondering about the classes, I haven't gotten around to making a definitions.txt

EDIT: I tried opening the ROM again. Only now I can't do anything with it. I get a blank white screen when it loads, and resetting it results in the game blank screen too.

So I tried a back up to fix this, and I get a freeze when the game tries to load the map. I've gone back through and checked my offsets, reinserted the map, and repeated the process that worked the first time. But nothing changed. This is happening with all of my backups.

Edited by WINgull