FE10 Hacking.

Esaka

Replaying FE10 I've noticed that the game is seriously unbalanced. Mages are auto-bad, caps are unbalanced, growths have insanely stupid proportions, etc. I'd like to know how to fix the game, change growth rates, caps, weapon traits, etc. You know, nothing big, I mainly want to do a balance patch.

But this isn't about cool stories of the bro-nes. I want to know how to change growths, caps, weapons, etc. Anyone know how?

*Didn't look*

No, no I didn't. But I'm not sure it's helpful because that's a wii rom player, I'm doing this through homebrew. Not particularly sure if that'll be helpful for me.

Edited by 3-13Archer

I haven't touched homebrew (since I don't have a Wii), but I'm pretty sure you'll end up editing the same files. If not, the information carried in the ISO's files may be quite useful anyway, so I'd at least give the guide a brief read.

In any case, the only thing I can seriously suggest is to find out how Super Smash Bros Brawl hacking is done. After all, the SSBB hacking scene is probably infinitely more larger than the FE10 one.

I haven't touched homebrew (since I don't have a Wii), but I'm pretty sure you'll end up editing the same files. If not, the information carried in the ISO's files may be quite useful anyway, so I'd at least give the guide a brief read.

In any case, the only thing I can seriously suggest is to find out how Super Smash Bros Brawl hacking is done. After all, the SSBB hacking scene is probably infinitely more larger than the FE10 one.

Alright, I'll take an in-depth look on it instead of skimming soon.

I have hacked Brawl :P IF you have homebrew it's essentially a qualification to hack that game to death. But judging from what I have read, this seems to be a bit more complex so to speak.

Edited by 3-13Archer

I haven't looked into modifying the wii in ages, but from what it used to be, homebrew programs would swap out modifying files when present, rather than referencing the original files in the actual game. So it's just like practically every modern PC game--it loads the new when available, and then otherwise references the old when nothing else is around.

I'm not sure of the actual limitations of such a swapping system, since, you know, loading a fucking-huge-texture replacement which the game can't handle isn't going to work out so nicely. But otherwise, getting your edits to show in-game shouldn't be too difficult, so long as you can edit your game in the first place.

I have hacked Brawl :P IF you have homebrew it's essentially a qualification to hack that game to death. But judging from what I have read, this seems to be a bit more complex so to speak.

I don't know how Brawl hacking goes (the editing of data, in specific), but have you done any FE hacking before? FE10 hacking isn't really that much more complicated than hacking, say, the GBA FEs. Especially for the things that you mentioned in your first post (the stat related bits). So I think you should be able to get the hang of things.

Edited by VincentASM

I have a hacking topic about homebrew in the FE10 section, and you can also look up one of Goldie's videos on youtube. Goldie is pretty much a pro at this.

Yes she is, but at RAM hacking. She has a lot of info that could tie into ROM hacking, and with Vincent's notes, that is pretty much all you need to fulfill your ambition.