Healers are dead...

Rhys died on 3-1, and Mist just died on 3-3 because I accidently double hit the button, causing Ike to attack with his Iron Sword and not kill this one guy. Laura died too. Should I restart the chapter so I can keep Mist alive, or will I be fine with Elincia as my only healer?

My Rhys died, too, but I don't even really notice the fact that he's missing. Vulneraries are just that awesome in this game.

And yeah, if you must have someone who can use staves, just get a sage to 3rd tier (be it by training it or by crowning it) and have them abuse staves; staff rank increases ridiculously fast.

I thought this was going to be a sort of metaphysical, "god is dead" statement regarding healers in Fire Emblem. I am disappoint.

Haha I did too. I was looking forward to some debates over the uses of healers and whatnot.

If thats what you want Rhys>mist.

Anywho, healers aren't very needed, since vulneraries are awesome (this was just to avoid a warning as well as this thing in parentheses. Loop hole, or do they just want us to waste time by typing all of this -.- Woops forgot the parentheses. ) There all good now.

Edited by Jhen Mohran

I don't like Mist because of her inability to get SS in staves, which is(or should be) her primary weapon. She just doesn't pull through in the end, so I normally use Rhys. Micaiah also makes a pretty good healer, but you essentially have to spam staff uses with her or use all the Arms Scrolls on her to get her up to SS... Then again, who else would need the arms scrolls?

I don't think getting the SS in staves is particularly important since the Ashera Staff shows up late and Fortify does almost the same thing. Elincia starts with S staves and has higher Mov, durability, and better offense than the other staffers, making them all pretty irrelevant for 4-E. And before that I generally just use Vulneraries/Concoctions.

I don't like Mist because of her inability to get SS in staves, which is(or should be) her primary weapon. She just doesn't pull through in the end, so I normally use Rhys. Micaiah also makes a pretty good healer, but you essentially have to spam staff uses with her or use all the Arms Scrolls on her to get her up to SS... Then again, who else would need the arms scrolls?

Bold: Money makes the world go round! Translated: I just sell them. They're practically useless.

...And to be blunt, I find inability to get SS staves a pretty dumb reason to dislike Mist, because Matrona's pretty useless and Ashera Staff already comes with someone who can use it.

Bold: Money makes the world go round! Translated: I just sell them. They're practically useless.

...And to be blunt, I find inability to get SS staves a pretty dumb reason to dislike Mist, because Matrona's pretty useless and Ashera Staff already comes with someone who can use it.

That's not the only reason, just the one that pertained most to the discussion. She also has low strength, and the Alondite/Vague Katti would do better with Edward or Mia.

That's not the only reason, just the one that pertained most to the discussion. She also has low strength, and the Alondite/Vague Katti would do better with Edward or Mia.

Alright. At any rate, personally, I have Mist bless Alondite because - dull surprise - I stopped caring for Trueblades ages ago.

Alright. At any rate, personally, I have Mist bless Alondite because - dull surprise - I stopped caring for Trueblades ages ago.

Yeah, Mist is a good person to bless a wyrmslayer for 4-F-3. I like trueblades because of their speed, but I normally use either Edward or Mia, or my current PT I'm using both. I'll have to figure out a way to bless the Wyrmslayer when I get there... I might just pump Mist full of BEXP and give HER those Arms Scrolls I've been hoarding...

It's not difficult to kill Deghinsea on turn 1 with no Wyrmslayers.

... if you are using at least three of Caineghis, Giffca, Tibarn, Skrimir, and a Reaver with blessed Urvan; Rafiel; Ena; the Rescue staff; and a Rescue staff user. In other words, it requires a very specific strategy with strong unit deployment assumptions.

... if you are using at least three of Caineghis, Giffca, Tibarn, Skrimir, and a Reaver with blessed Urvan; Rafiel; Ena; the Rescue staff; and a Rescue staff user. In other words, it requires a very specific strategy with strong unit deployment assumptions.

You're going to need Ena, Rafiel and the Rescue staff either way, though. So it's really just deciding between Wyrmslayers or Royals.

That doesn't make it difficult, though. Anyone can do it, all you need is a brain.

That doesn't make it difficult, though. Anyone can do it, all you need is a brain.

How would you even define "difficult" in the context of a turn-based game? Anybody can copy the most efficient LTC strategy once such a strategy has been made public. That isn't difficult.

It's not difficult to kill Deghinsea on turn 1 with no Wyrmslayers.

Maybe not, but why not make it easier? Here's what I usually do to one-turn Degh:

Ike with Wyrmslayer(20/20 Ike should double doing 20 damage each attack), Tibarn with Dragon Foe(Tibarn Doubles, 40 dmg each attack with DragonFoe). No need for a Heron there.

Maybe not, but why not make it easier? Here's what I usually do to one-turn Degh:

Ike with Wyrmslayer(20/20 Ike should double doing 20 damage each attack), Tibarn with Dragon Foe(Tibarn Doubles, 40 dmg each attack with DragonFoe). No need for a Heron there.

1) A heron (and/or Rescue staff) is needed to reach Deghinsea on turn 1.

2) Mantle negates DragonFoe.

So... I call BS.

How would you even define "difficult" in the context of a turn-based game? Anybody can copy the most efficient LTC strategy once such a strategy has been made public. That isn't difficult.

It's easy in the sense that:

-It only takes one turn

-No advance planning is required beyond that necessary to get Dragonfoe and the Rescue staff

-There is no chance of failure

I guess that the Wyrmslayer makes a larger number of strategies possible, though.

1) A heron (and/or Rescue staff) is needed to reach Deghinsea on turn 1.

2) Mantle negates DragonFoe.

So... I call BS.

Oh, I wasn't aware you meant one turn in general. Well then fine, use a Heron for that.

And I thought about that, and I thought about him also have a hidden Nihil, and realized the folly in my strategy as I posted it. I still bring a blessed wyrmslayer. 40 dmg in one round is pretty helpful. My theoretical strategy fell through though. I'll have to rework that when I have more time.