(FE10) Standard Penalties Draft

Make sure to check Integrity's wonderful explanation topic if you haven't already.

The premise for this draft is that no unit (except maybe Tibarn in 4-5) saves more than four turns in a chapter by themselves, so the different penalties aren't necessary.

Rules:

1. 7 Participants (6 + myself) will each draft nine units to use in a (normal mode) playthrough. The goal (technically) is to be the one with the lowest turncount at the end.

2. Units that are free for all to use are: Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Geoffrey, the Herons, the Black Knight and Lehran. Haar is banned, but may be recruited for his items/skills.

3. Undrafted units may only: recruit characters, trade with units and shove/rescue other undrafted units. Everything else incurs a penalty. Meatshielding is not allowed outside of 3-1.

4. Other and Ally units may do as they please without penalty.

5. Every draftable unit has a 4 turn penalty at all times.

6. You may deploy non-forced, undrafted units. Note that undrafted Dragons may not give out Tide/Pool bonuses.

7. Any other rules I forgot.

Exceptions:

1. Edward is free for 1-P.

2. Edward and Nolan are free for 1-1 and 1-2.

3. Elincia, Marcia and Nealuchi are free for 2-P.

4. Brom and Nephenee are free for 2-1.

5. Lucia is free for 2-2.

6. Unarmed, undrafted units may enter combat in 3-1.

7. One undrafted, six-move unit (Soren, Rhys, Gatrie, Brom or Ilyana) is free for 3-3.

Teams:

1. Ulki: Nolan, Nailah, Soren, Calill, Ulki, Rolf, Giffca, Kyza, Oliver.

2. Paperblade: Edward, Gatrie, Elincia, Sigrun, Tibarn, Lethe, Sanaki, Gareth, Fiona.

3. RedNeck Holsety: Volug, Oscar, Shinon, Ranulf, Naesala, Nealuchi, Astrid, Bastian, Kurthnaga.

4. Soul: Zihark, Ilyana, Marcia, Heather, Janaff, Caineghis, Ena, Lyre, Stefan.

5. Raven: Jill, Mia, Mist, Brom, Tormod, Makalov, Leonardo, Danved, Renning.

6. Radiant Dragon: Titania, Aran, Mordecai, Kieran, Muarim, Rhys, Volke, Meg, Vika.

7. Integrity: Boyd, Nephenee, Laura, Tanith, Skrimir, Tauroneo, Nasir, Pelleas, Lucia.

Voice any questions/comments/concerns openly.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(except maybe Tibarn in 4-5)

Any flier with 1-2 range can do that in two turns, which is actually better than Tibarn because Izuka will probably Rewarp away. I also did it in 3 turns with Heather, Mordecai, and Astrid because of Smite and Pass.

In other words, as long as you plan accordingly, I don't think Tibarn is saving 4+ turns on 4-5, or if he does, the player probably planned on it anyway (aka they strengthened other teams with the intent of taking this penalty).

Lastly, considering I just signed up for the Elibe draft and have finished three runs of RD in the past two months, I'll only sign up for this if you need an extra slot to be filled.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

(aka they strengthened other teams with the intent of taking this penalty).

That's why I'm considering increasing his penalty there. However, since even though there are 7 other fliers you could have in that chapter (you can choose where Nealuchi and Tanith go, right?), it's possible (perhaps even probable) that one person would have more than one, so I'm leaning towards keeping it as it is.

That's why I'm considering increasing his penalty there. However, since even though there are 7 other fliers you could have in that chapter (you can choose where Nealuchi and Tanith go, right?), it's possible (perhaps even probable) that one person would have more than one, so I'm leaning towards keeping it as it is.

I think it's better to just keep it constant. If a character can do so much in one map that taking a 4 turn penalty is worth it, that's simply strategic playing/drafting, which I believe is part of the point of this draft in the first place.

Plus, as I also showed, my simple team of Mordecai, Astrid, and Heather, in HM no less, could do it in 3 turns. Any team who has a unit that can move through Swamp with Pass and ORKO Izuka at 1-2 range, another unit that can Shove/Smite that unit, and someone to get rid of other Laguz in the way should easily be able to do it in 3-4 turns (hell, maybe 2), especially considering all the Herons are free. In fact, the third unit probably isn't necessary at all with Reyson there. 4 turns would have been very reasonably on my run without Astrid.

And yeah, Nealuchi and Tanith aren't locked to a rout.

I think it's better to just keep it constant. If a character can do so much in one map that taking a 4 turn penalty is worth it, that's simply strategic playing/drafting, which I believe is part of the point of this draft in the first place.

I suppose, although I'm of the opinion that people should draft with the goal of not taking any penalties at all.

Plus, as I also showed, my simple team of Mordecai, Astrid, and Heather, in HM no less, could do it in 3 turns.

I know, but that's more unit intensive than simply having a flier when our units are split among three teams, especially if a person drafts many units locked to specific routes. However, I agree that since it's not difficult to kill Izuka in less turns than Tibarn with a 4 turn penalty would, there's no reason to raise his penalty there.

I'll join, but might not start my run in a while (Exams and then finishing my HM draft)

No problem. I won't be finishing this very quickly either, since I have less and less time to play these days.

I don't think not-having free for 1-5 will be an issue. I think it's more of an issue in HM, where you have to save Jill before she does something silly.

Mightily interesting. Count me in.

EDIT: Minor clarification: Edward and Nolan are free *through* 1-2, so no penalties for using them until 1-3 begins yesyes?

Edited by Integrity

Oh hey. Is Volug not free on 1-5 or did you just forget?

I didn't forget, I just didn't think he was necessary to have free here, since (in my experience, at least) Jill and Zihark have no problems surviving on Normal Mode.

Minor clarification: Edward and Nolan are free *through* 1-2, so no penalties for using them until 1-3 begins yesyes?

Correct.

Raven's always wanted to draft FE10. Woudl it be possible for you to wait for him to log in, so he can confirm if he wants to draft or not? 8[ I'm sure he'll log in later today.

Raven's always wanted to draft FE10. Woudl it be possible for you to wait for him to log in, so he can confirm if he wants to draft or not? 8[ I'm sure he'll log in later today.

Sure. We still need two more people anyway.

I didn't forget, I just didn't think he was necessary to have free here, since (in my experience, at least) Jill and Zihark have no problems surviving on Normal Mode.

Well, the idea is that you can't beat the map any faster than 6 turns either way.

One spot left now, so if someone wants to join before Raven logs in he won't be able to join. Sorry.

Technically Raven's been on and posted since this was started anyway.

I'm really tempted to just take the last spot myself, to be honest...

Well, the idea is that you can't beat the map any faster than 6 turns either way.

True. I guess I'll leave it up to public opinion then. What do you guys think?

Edited by Radiant Dragon