(FE10) Standard Penalties Draft

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well "through 1-2" could mean only for 1-2. As in passing through 1-2.

Bullshit it could. "Through 1-2" means "from an unspecified point (read: the beginning) until the end of 1-2." You don't read "1-1 through 1-3" and think "HE CAN ONLY BE USED FOR 1-1 and 1-3 OH GOD"

EDIT: Let me elaborate on that further.

"Marcus is free through Chapter 21."

What does this say? Does it say "you can use Marcus in Chapter 21" or "Marcus is free from an unspecified time until the end of Chapter 21"?

Edited by Integrity

I actually answered this question before we started drafting.

Minor clarification: Edward and Nolan are free *through* 1-2, so no penalties for using them until 1-3 begins yesyes?

Correct.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

are you fucking kidding me

Reading it at first, "Edward and Nolan are free through 1-2", does sound like its for only 1-2. Of course after you think about it it makes sense that it means free for 1-P, 1-1, and 1-2. I'm not the greatest at reading, just look at my mafia games, of course a lot of it has to do with how i try to convey what i mean as well.

Well, I think "up to 1-2" would make more sense, rather than just "through 1-2", implying it's for that chapter. But, I won't complain. I get to remove penalties. 8D

Thanks for the moral support, Integ. 8[

]1-P

Lol, do I need to explain?

Unit      Level HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res   Support
Micaiah    3.32 16  2   9  10   8  11   4   6    A Sothe

5 turns.

1-1

BROlan helps Micaiah get through the chapter. Micaiah gets the boss kill.

If only I knew Edward was free here as well. ):

Micaiah    5.32 17  2  11  10   9  13   5   6    A Sothe

7 turns.

1-2

Yay, free BROlan and Edward.

Eward goes up the ledge to deal with the Fighter. BROlan helps Micaiah go through the right. Sothe appears, clears the North and grabs the Energy Drop. BROlan helps Micaiah get Thani.

Micaiah    5.32 17  2  11  10   9  13   5   6    A Sothe

6 turns.

1-3

I took the LHS this time, for abundant CEXP.

Sothe hogs his way through the enemies, making a path for Micaiah and Ilyana. Ilyana grabs some kills of her own. Micaiah does so too, with her brand new Thani, she 1HKO'd the boss.

Micaiah    7.65 18  3  13  12  10  14   5   8    A Sothe
Sothe      2.10 35 19   4  21  21  16  14   9    A Micaiah
Ilyana    12.99 22  6  12  12  13   6   3   9

6 turns.

1-4

Battle preparations

I sell off thing I don't need (weapons, items, skills, etc), as usual.

I buy the Beastkiller for Sothe.

Skills:

Micaiah - Wrath

-----

Went with something similiar to the Sho strategy, having adapted Ilyana into the strategy by feeding kills for her and Micaiah. The latter could get kills by herself at Wrath level.

Notes:

- Got the Angelic Robe.

- Once again, Sothe did great justice with a simple Kard.

Micaiah    9.07 18  3  14  12  11  16   6  10    A Sothe
Sothe      4.80 36 19   5  23  23  17  14  10    A Micaiah
Ilyana    13.60 22  7  14  13  14   6   3  10

7 turns.

1-5

Battle preparations

I bought the Spirit Dust for Ilyana.

I forge a max Mt Iron knife forge.

-----

Sothe clears a few enemies by the top platform. Ilyana gets a few kills by herself to the East. Micaiah just does what she can to grab some CEXP.

Micaiah    9.65 18  3  14  12  11  16   6  10    A Sothe
Sothe      5.18 36 19   5  24  23  17  14  10    A Micaiah
Ilyana    14.65 22  7  15  13  15   7   4  10

6 turns.

1-6-1

Battle preparations

I buy a Wind Edge for Zihark and another max Mt Iron knife forge for Sothe.

Zihark uses the Angelic Robe.

Skills:

Micaiah - Resolve

Zihark - Adept + Wrath

-----

Sothe and Zihark go clear the West side. Micaiah clears the North-East. Ilyana gets some enemes at the center of the map.

Micaiah   11.66 19  3  15  12  13  18   8  12    A Sothe
Sothe      5.66 36 19   5  24  23  17  14  10    A Micaiah
Ilyana    17.81 23  9  17  15  16   7   5  11
Zihark     3.35 37 17   6  22  23  11  13  11

5 turns.

1-6-2

Zihark is the beast. He procs Wrath and Adept and BAM, there goes Laverton!

Micaiah and Ilyana didn't get much of the action.

Micaiah   12.40 20  3  16  13  13  18   8  13    A Sothe
Sothe      6.08 37 19   5  25  23  17  14  11    A Micaiah
Ilyana    18.41 23  9  18  16  17   8   6  11
Zihark     4.05 37 18   7  22  24  12  13  11

4 turns.

1-7

Battle preparations

I obtain the Brave sword from Pelleas, and hand it down to Zihark.

I buy the Secret Book and give it to Zihark.

At last, I forge a max Mt/Hit Iron knife forge for Zihark.

Skills:

Micaiah - Paragon

Sothe - Savior

Zihark - Adept + Resolve

-----

Micaiah bashes the trash cans at the main corridor and then gets ferried by Sothe up to the throne. Zihark gets some kills at the upper corridor, and then heads to kill the boss. Ilyana kills some enemies at the upper corridor.

6 turns.

1-8

Battle preparations

I buy a Wind edge for Zihark and a Fire tome for Ilyana, clearly forgetting Tormod had one. -_-

BEXP:

Ilyana - 99 Exp.

Skills:

Micaiah - Resolve

Zihark - Adept + Celerity

Ilyana - Paragon

-----

Zihark takes the RHS. Micaiah takes the North, then heads to the LHS. Sothe goes to the Southalong with Ilyana, who later goes to the RHS.

Micaiah   15.83 20  3  19  15  15  21   9  16    A Sothe
Sothe      6.36 37 19   5  25  23  17  14  11    A Micaiah
Ilyana     2.70 26 13  20  19  21   9   9  14
Zihark     6.85 37 19   7  23  26  13  14  11

5 turns.

1-9

Thanks, Xandre.

Micaiah   17.97 22  3  20  17  17  23   9  18    A Sothe

5 turns.

1-E

Battle preparations

I forge another max Mt/Hit Iron knife for Sothe. Zihark gets a max Mt/Crit. blue Steel sword forge I named "NoblePhntsm".

Pack a few things at Ilyana' inventory:

Angelic Robe

Dracoshield

Blue Gem

Pass

:Ilyana:

BEXP:

Ilyana - 99 Exp.

Zihark - Lvl 12.

Skills:

Micaiah - Resolve

Sothe - Imbue + Savior

Ilyana - Celerity

Zihark - Paragon

-----

Yay, BK.

BK, Sothe and Micaiah (Rescued by Sothe) go up the ledges. Zihark and Ilyana take the stairs, and later meet with the other three. Ilyana opens the door, then Sothe goes suicidal and lures and dodge-tanks the Knights and Archers. BK and Ilyana clear a path for Zihark to 1HKO Jarod. Sothe steals Parity from a Thief and Micaiah seizes.

Got the Speedwings too. 8]

Micaiah    1.00 24  6  21  18  18  24  12  20    A Sothe
Sothe      7.05 37 20   6  26  23  17  14  11    A Micaiah
Ilyana     3.59 27 14  21  20  21   9   9  15
Zihark    13.72 40 20   7  30  30  15  16  14

9 turns.

Total: 71 turns

I forgot Rafiel was free. :(:

Edited by Juliet

Soul why don't you redo it and use the free units? I mean part 1 is easy, might as well do it now so you don't regret it later and restart after being in near the end of part 3.

@ Radiant, yes it would have.

Edited by Jhen Mohran

Probably only to me. 8[ Nevermind, Ulki supports it. But, whatever. We're not going to argue of what would've been, right? =S I have no complaints.

@Ulki: I'm actually very well satisfied with my current turncount. I don't think I'll save more than two turns if I try that, anyway.

Edited by Juliet

Is there anyone who still doesn't understand it?

I'd personally prefer the penalties stay in 3-1, if not only allow one extra unit similar to 3-3.

1-P

6 Turns "Yup"

1-1

6/12 "Yup" (Steel Sword was not obtained)

1-2

6/18 "Yup" (Got the Wind Edge and Energy Drop, Micaiah also used the dracoshield)

1-3

6/24

Rushed down the right side. Micaiah dodged a few shots and Sothe killed a bunch of guys.

1-4

7/31

Thank you Sho.

1-5

6/37

Volug takes the energy drop and Micaiah takes the Robe. The main reason Volug would take the drop was because he could 1RKO the bandits in 1-8.

1-6

6,2/45

Volug helped Sothe forge ahead then went back to help Micaiah handle the Knights and Pegasus. Sothe hid in the grass with Adept and killed everything with the power of forges. The second part was an easy kill.

1-7

6/51

After this chapter Volug was 2 or 3 hits short of achieving S Strike. Once he gets the extra power he will be able to solo the western side. Otherwise I just ran through the castle.

I didn't record stats. But everyone is pretty much on average and Micaiah isn't getting doubled.

I actually find it odd that you get a free unit in 3-3, but not in 3-1. They're both timed chapters, except in 3-1 it's practically impossible to keep all of the useless units from being targeted. Also, fog of war is a huge pain in the ass. Either way, most people end up taking a penalty. The only person I could see doing otherwise would be...Holsety? And maybe Radiant Dragon?

Coincidentally, those two people probably wouldn't even need a helper unit in 3-3.

Edited by Yuglyoshi

I actually find it odd that you get a free unit in 3-3, but not in 3-1. They're both timed chapters, except in 3-1 it's practically impossible to keep all of the useless units from being targeted. Also, fog of war is a huge pain in the ass. Either way, most people end up taking a penalty.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Although, I suppose it's a little easier to finish 3-1 in the time limit with few units than 3-3, but the forced deployment in 3-1 is a problem.

Coincidentally, those two people probably wouldn't even need a helper unit in 3-3.

The guy with Boyd won't either... if his Boyd gets some speed in 3-P

Edited by Jhen Mohran

The helper unit will shave turns off of a 3-3 clear for me, for whatever that's worth.

The problem with 3-1 isn't the time limit for just about any set of draftees (okay, a guy with only Rhys might have a problem) it's keeping everybody out of combat. An infinite number of turns wouldn't help one bit in that, since the dicey turns are 1-6 or thereabouts. I've managed to pull it off with only Ike and Boyd and only Ike and Titania, but my team with Oscar I *had* to pull an undrafted unit. There was no way around it.

There is the possibility that we could allow meatshielding for 3-1 only, since the unarmed units would do 100% of nothing to speed up most clears and keeping them out of combat isn't always feasible.

I could also be talking out my ass, so there's that.

If anyone beats my Part 1 turncounts I am going to restart and save more than just two turns. >8[

@Yuggles: Lethe actually has the chance of being pretty well-trained by then, for whoever that drafted her, that is.

Edited by Juliet