(FE10) Standard Penalties Draft

It's a shame that Lethe and Lyre are awful in that chapter. They could help to avoid penalties if they were even marginally useful.

They are wonderful meat shields :awesome:, all you need is one turn of blocking so that a good unit takes care of the Generals then its easy.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're talking about the generals to the right of the spawn, how are you clearing them if Lethe and Lyre are distracting them, without having the generals rush your unequips?

If you're talking about the generals to the right of the spawn, how are you clearing them if Lethe and Lyre are distracting them, without having the generals rush your unequips?

Lethe and lyre distract the northern units... while the others hide about due to lethe and lyre blocking and leaving more space around. They can never reach the other units.

Edited by Jhen Mohran

I did say meat shields, a good Boyd, adept, best bio, Crit axe, and some luck does a lot when killing those generals ;) . I hate whoever took Boyd >:(

Integ :angry:

Edited by Jhen Mohran

Here's most of Part 1, and so far Meg has proven herself to be a better draftee than Aran. Sure, she got two stat boosters and he only got one, but...

[spoiler=Prologue-Chapter 9]Prologue (6/6)

I try to give kills to Micaiah while Edward Wrath critikills Pugo. Micaiah levels up and gets Magic, Luck and Resistance...

Chapter 1 (5/11)

Nolan and Edward charge forward, Micaiah stealing kills where she can. Once I reach the top, I get surprised by the boss moving to attack Micaiah (I did not know the boss in this chapter moved...), but thankfully he couldn't double her.

Chapter 2 (7/18)

Edward goes north to distract the Fighter there while Nolan and Micaiah go around. Sothe shows up, clears out the north (aside from the boss) and gets the Energy Drop. I might have been able to get Thani in six turns, but Micaiah got 2 points of Speed on her level ups and I didn't want to miss Thani so I'm taking it.

Chapter 3 (8/26)

Recruiting Aran with just Sothe and Micaiah is a pain. Ilyana and Aran (once I recruited him) block the fighters so they'll attack Kurth instead of my undrafted units while Sothe and Micaiah (thanks to Thani) clear out the southern enemies so I could get BEXP for some of the undrafted units escaping. Micaiah hasn't gained any HP yet...

Chapter 4 (7/33)

Sold my useless stuff, bought the Beastkiller and Javelin, then made forges for Sothe, Meg and Aran. Meg and Aran got some BEXP, and Meg got the Energy Drop and Dracoshield. Aran took Cancel, while Micaiah got Wrath.

Micaiah helped clear a path for Sothe to go west before heading back east to aid Aran and Meg and get the Master Seal. Sothe made his way around, picking up the Seraph Robe on turn 7 before Aran finishes the last laguz to end the chapter. Meg got Strength, Skill and Speed on both of her level ups, while all Sothe got was some HP and Skill.

Chapter 5 (6/39)

I bought the Wind Edge since I missed the one in 1-2. Aran got the Seraph Robe, and Meg got a level of BEXP.

This was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. Sothe went east for the Master Seal and the boss, while Aran and Meg tried to hold the enemies off in the middle for the CEXP. Micaiah is still at base HP, and as such it's becoming difficult to find ways for her to contribute.

Chapter 6-1 (5/44)

I forged 3 max might/hit Iron Knife forges, and gave Aran and Meg a level of BEXP. Micaiah took Resolve, and Sothe got Adept.

Sothe went west while everyone else went north to deal with the reinforcements there. Adept allowed Sothe to finish the Armors he needed to kill (he only had to proc it on one) in the allotted amount of time, while the east was only possible due to Meg's ridiculously blessed stats. She'd be strictly better than Aran if it weren't for the Seraph Robe I gave him. Although it's a little worrying that no one except Sothe can double Javelin!Pegs...

Chapter 6-2 (2/46)

Sothe goes for the boss while Aran and Meg run north to draw fire away from Sothe (his forges would have run out otherwise). Meg actually ORKO's a decent amount now, with the strength to do it with Wind Edges (the accuracy still sucks, though). Micaiah hides in the south with Tauroneo and Volug. Sothe kills the boss with a critical (I was planning on Adept, but that works too, I suppose). All of Fiona's knights survived.

Chapter 7 (7/53)

I buy the Wind Edge and forge another max might/hit Iron Knife for Sothe. I also finish Micaiah and Meg's levels with BEXP, then BEXP Aran to level 18 (he gets 3 points of Speed, somehow...), promote him, then give him Paragon. Sothe gets Savior, and Meg takes Cancel.

Sothe carries Micaiah through the map all the way to the top, dropping her in range of the Seize point so he can get the Master Seal. Vika helped clear a path through the Mages blocking the ledge, so Meg and Aran could release some prisoners for some BEXP. Muarim got the boss kill because only him and Micaiah could deal much damage to him.

Chapter 8 (5/58)

Meg gets some BEXP, and I use Rafiel's Seraph Robe on Micaiah (she was still at base HP). Sothe takes Celerity.

Sothe went east to kill the boss and his posse, Meg went northwest with Rafiel, Aran and Micaiah cleared the northeast and Muarim took care of the south while Vika chased down the Wyvern Rider. After finishing his section, Aran went west to shove Rafiel so he could Vigor Meg and Vika so they could finish the last Bandits on turn 5. Meg got MVP.

Chapter 9 (6/64)

I get Micaiah some Speed with BEXP, so she'll be able to handle herself with Resolve.

Xander's strategy, but without the Speed blessed Micaiah. Micaiah and the Black Knight go through the northeast, with the Black Knight doubling back southeast on turn 3. Micaiah continued northwest, getting rid of the enemies needed to make Jarod appear. I could've finished in 5 turns if Jarod attacked on the turn he showed up, but he doesn't so I couldn't. Micaiah got a level with HP and Speed, and she received MVP.

Endgame (preparations)

Ilyana's stash: Brave Sword, Hammer, Blue Gem, 3 max might Light forges, Adept, Savior, Celerity. I would like to send over the Speedwings, but I think Aran will need it more. I also forge max might/hit Steel weapons for Meg and Aran, as well as another max might/hit Iron Knife for Sothe. Meg gets BEXP to level 20 and promoted, and Micaiah gets two levels (and caps Magic and Resistance after I run out of BEXP...). Micaiah takes Wrath, Sothe takes Pass, Aran gets Resolve, and Meg keeps Cancel and gets Paragon.

Name    Level     HP  Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res | Support
Micaiah 18/--/--  24^ 04  20* 15  13  24  04  20* | A Sothe
Sothe   --/07/--  37  21  05  24  21  18  16  10  | A Micaiah
Aran    18/02/--  37^ 19  02  22  16  11  20  10  | C Meg
Meg 	20/01/--  36  20^ 05  16  21  20  18^ 12  | C Aran
Muarim        19  58  18  03  14  11  12  15  09  |
Vika          13  38  09  05  13  15  14  07  07  |
Rafiel        12  31  01  06  01  06  31  03  13  |

Edited by Radiant Dragon

See? It's all working out in the end, and your turncount is running smoothly.

True. I guess I just underestimated the amount of BEXP I would get. Anyway, here's Endgame:

Endgame (7/71)

Rafiel is a godsend. The Black Knight goes around the east and Meg stays behind to get EXP from the reinforcements. After Micaiah clears the Knight blocking the way up the ledges, Vika rescues her to drop her in range to Seize. Sothe, Aran and Muarim are Rafiel's guard and the main bulk of my offense, clearing stuff out of the way. Once I get to the top, Vika breaks down the door so the Black Knight can kill the enemies up there. Then, with Rafiel's help, Vika and Muarim kill Jarod so Micaiah can Seize, and Sothe gets the Speedwings and Unlock.

8O

Part 2

2-P

Free herons is gr9mazing. I squeezed all the CEXP possible, and had Marcia kill almost every enemy in the map, including the boss.

Unit      Level HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res   Support
Marcia    6.80  35 16   6  17  21  12  17   15

8 turns.

2-1

I tried a different stunt this time. I had Brom attack the Javelin!Knight while Nephenee went for his Steel axe. After they made their way through that Knight wall, Heather appeared. I had to go out of my way to recruit her while Brom weakened the boss a bit. On the last turn, Nephenee was poisoned and had 1 HP left. Brom Unarmed the boss and Nephenee critikilled him.

Heathr got two kills.

Heather   7.14  32 15   9  21  25  16  10   14

7 turns.

2-2

Battle preparations

BEXP:

Heather - 99 Exp.

-----

I took the Nealuchi penalty.

Lucia took the main road at first. She cleared the first few annoying enemies to prevent them from reaching my undraftees. Nealuchi transforms and goes through the tighter spot, along with Heather. Leanne is a great support.

I couldn't get the Secret Book because Lucia 1RKO'd the boss. 8[

Heather   8.51  32 16   9  22  26  17  10   15

4 (+4) turns.

2-3

Battle preparations

I buy a Horselslayer at the Shop, for Marcia.

BEXP:

Marcia - 7.99

-----

I go with the usual pacifist run. Marcia kills the boss.

Didn't bother getting the Speedwings.

Marcia    9.05  37 18   6  19  23  12  18   16

5 turns.

2-E

I pack a few items on Brom, Nephenee, Heather, Mordecai and Lethe to ship to the GMs.

Heather gets the Talisman, and thereby caps Res.

BEXP:

Heather - Lvl 18.

-----

Elincia and Marcia start by clearing a few enemies at the pit. Marcia takes the advantage to gain CEXP. Heather blocks chokepoints by dodge-tankin and even manages to get me a Nullify at the last turn. After a few enemies at the pit have been dealt with, Elincia and Marcia Canto back to Leanne, who goes down and Vigors them. Marcia kills a Thunder scrub in the way for Elincia to kill Ludveck.

Marcia    10.56 38 19   6  20  23  13  19   17
Heather   18.27 39 20   9  25  30  26  13   17

5 (+4) turns.

Okie-dokie, it's the weekend! I'll start making progress today when I'm not playing tf2

EDIT:

Kitty just overwrote my clear data. Motherfucker. I have a save in 4-E-3 that I can finish to Endgame again because I keep it there to let Laura trash the dragons so I'll probably start tomorrow ;/

EDIT2:

Scratch that, we're okay. I got a backup pair.

Edited by Integrity

I'll be starting this soon. I'm in 4-3 in my other draft, i got the startegy going already, just need luck to be on my side. Also....

Summer Vacations :newyears:

Istavan is the only boss of a Seize chapter that I know of that will move off of the Seize point.

[spoiler=Part 2]Prologue (9/80)

I haven't drafted any of these characters, so I just stayed in the corner and killed whatever came at me. I recruited Haar for the Physic staff he'll give me in 2-E.

Chapter 1 (7/87)

This time I made sure to recruit Heather. After that, Brom went to Yeardley to get him into Wrath range while Nephenee blocked the stairs to keep Heather out of combat. They switched once Brom had gotten him down far enough, and he killed himself on the enemy phase. Two of the Volunteers survived.

Chapter 2 (6/93)

I BEXP Mordecai to .99 in base, and put the Talisman and Elixir in the convoy.

There should not be so much 2 range on a map where your only 2 range options are a Wind Edge and a Bronze Knife. Anyway, Lucia went north, killing the initial Armor with Leanne's help, while Mordecai used a Stone and distracted the southern enemies. Then he followed Lucia northwest, allowing her to see the General in front of the boss so she could kill it. Mordecai killed the boss after Lucia weakened him with the Wind Edge so she could Arrive. Mordecai got Skill and Speed on his level up, which was awesome.

Chapter 3 (6/99)

I buy the Hammer, and fill up Geoffrey and Kieran's inventories. I don't bother spending any BEXP.

Geoffrey and Kieran charge up the center using the Allied Paladins to minimize enemy loses. As it turns out, the boss moves (on a Seize map...?) once you break the door, so I use that to my advantage and lure him out along with the Speedwing Halberdier on turn 5. Then Kieran killed the Halberdier while Geoffrey ran past the boss and seized.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

ANYWAY GAME TIME START.

1-P: 6 turns clear = 6 turns total

edward you suck holy crap except for when you do good occasionally

1-1: 5 turns clear = 11 turns total

Having units is nice for a change.

1-2: 5 turns clear = 16 turns total

fuck the energy drop, I GOT THANI BITCHKNEES

1-3: 8 turns clear = 24 turns total

Mic cost me a whole turn by not having enough MAG to 1HKO the boss. She was ONE FUCKING DAMAGE short. Girl.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

the fucking javelineer started moving on turn 7 and I can't avoid an aran penalty. restart!

Screw getting Stun to activate. I've been resetting since I posted my part 2 progress (about 2 hours) and she still hasn't activated it yet. I'm just going to give her enough BEXP so she'll ORKO him naturally.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

Screw getting Stun to activate. I've been resetting since I posted my part 2 progress (about 2 hours) and she still hasn't activated it yet. I'm just going to give her enough BEXP so she'll ORKO him naturally.

I don't think I've EVER had Elincia stun Ludveck. Worst Biorhythm and all is ;/

I don't think I've EVER had Elincia stun Ludveck. Worst Biorhythm and all is ;/

That would explain that... I always forget Biorhythm effects skill proc chances...

Edited by Radiant Dragon

You know, you could always just wait 'til turn 5 and do it somewhat naturally and also get the Energy Drop.

I can get the Energy Drop by turn 2, but Mordecai untransforms due to the massive enemy density.

I can get the Energy Drop by turn 2, but Mordecai untransforms due to the massive enemy density.

It could be possible to do it with Elincia by turn 2...

It could be possible to do it with Elincia by turn 2...

I can do it with Elincia on turn 1, by giving her BEXP. This means giving up my 2 speed procs on Mordecai though, so I'm going to try to get to Ludveck with him again first.

I can do it with Elincia on turn 1, by giving her BEXP. This means giving up my 2 speed procs on Mordecai though, so I'm going to try to get to Ludveck with him again first.

How are you getting to the energy drop so soon, as well as landing in a square where Ludveck can hit you 1 range?

How are you getting to the energy drop so soon, as well as landing in a square where Ludveck can hit you 1 range?

Oh, that's what you meant. Getting the drop isn't a problem since Mordecai doesn't die (68 HP and 22 defense untransformed? Yeah.). It's getting to Ludveck afterwards that's hard, since there's too much 2-range and I don't want to use all of my Laguz Stones.